Windows 10: Start up issue with monitor/GPU - can't access BIOS - Windows 10

Discus and support Start up issue with monitor/GPU - can't access BIOS - Windows 10 in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I recently changed my GPU and now when I boot my machine with the monitor plugged in I get a blinking cursor appear on a black screen. If I boot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by jimmy2faces, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Start up issue with monitor/GPU - can't access BIOS - Windows 10

I recently changed my GPU and now when I boot my machine with the monitor plugged in I get a blinking cursor appear on a black screen. If I boot without the monitor plugged in and wait about 20 seconds then everything is fine. I understand that as my motherboard has an internal GPU I may need to make a change in the BIOS. However I cannot access the BIOS either from start (del/F2) or from the advanced restart menu - there is no option for UEFI boot.

• I have changed the boot from express and this has not enabled me to access the BIOS
    • I have deleted the internal gpu from the device manager and made changes there

Any ideas on what I should do?

:)

jimmy2faces, Sep 2, 2015

2. GPU is fine.... Bios is fine.... Why can't Windows 10 detect my second monitor?

Now my second monitor isn't even cloned... no signal... windows 10 cannot detect a second monitor and suggests a different GPU... My GPU can support up to 3 monitors... again... ran every diagnostic on my BIOS and GPU know to man. Thank you for your assistance...
    very irritated by this simple problem.

RolandNordin, Sep 2, 2015
  3. Windows 10 build 1511; connected to wifi, cannot get online

OK.....Ran DISM, all three (CheckHealth, ScanHealth, RestoreHealth), it found issues and said it repaired them. Before I did this I ran SFC Checkdsk, and it found issues it could not fix. After the DISM, the checkdsk found no issues. I also Flashed
    the BIOS from a USB with the most recent ones from the HP website since the BIOS were the original ones and were very old. GPU drivers are up to date, all windows updates are up to date.

After this was all done, within 45 minutes the system froze. I have been monitoring temperature of GPU and the CPU, and they are not out of normal operating temps.

I have read the Nvidia audio can be responsible, so I disabled the GPU audio and have been running audio off motherboard outputs on back. I disabled the audio thru device manager. Both under sound and system devices, and they do not re-enable at start
    up

System

Machine: HP 6200 Microtower

Processor: I5-2400

RAM 16GB

GPU: Nvidia 1050 TI

HD: 1TB

Windows 10 64 Bit

Could the issue be a bad power supply? System is pulling to much power and is freezes?

StevenBraun, Sep 2, 2015
  4. Start up issue with monitor/GPU - can't access BIOS - Windows 10

Typically, the way you do this is the following:
    1) Connect monitor cable to the output jack of the internal video chip
    2) Go into BIOS and disable internal video
    3) Shutdown the PC
    4) Connect monitor cable to the output jack of the video card
    5) Reboot the PC

The contents of Device Manger do not affect the initial boot operation, only what is seen in Windows.

Mark Phelps, Sep 2, 2015
  5. badrobot Win User
    If you can't access the BIOS/UEFI, you may have enabled fast boot. What you can do is to clear the CMOS. If your motherboard does not have a clear CMOS button, removing and placing the battery back after 30 sec will do the job.

badrobot, Sep 2, 2015
  6. Thanks but I cannot access the BIOS

jimmy2faces, Sep 2, 2015
  7. Power down and unplug the power cord from the wall outlet. If it's a laptop remove the battery. Now press and hold the power button for say 10 seconds. Now plug it back in, power up and press the BIOS access key. This should take it out of any sleep or hibernate mode it was stuck in and do a cold boot.

alphanumeric, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Start up issue with monitor/GPU - can't access BIOS - Windows 10

1. Start up issue with monitor/GPU - can't access BIOS - Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Start issue monitor

2. Can't access Advanced Start Up Options in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access Advanced Start Up Options in Windows 10: Apparently you hold shift while selecting “restart” from the power options and then it’ll bring it up but I have about a 50% success rate doing it this way. Half the time it’ll just black screen and I’ll be forced to hard reset my PC. Also trying to access Advanced Options...
  3. Can't access bios

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access bios: I've recently fitted a new m.2 ssd card to my pc motherboard ASUS a320m-k and I'm unable to access the bios to change the boot sequence. I've tried holding down the f2 and delete keys during boot up separately and together. I've tried accessing through Windows 10 UEFI...
  4. Can't access bios

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't access bios: I've recently fitted a new m.2 ssd card to my pc motherboard ASUS a320m-k and I'm unable to access the bios to change the boot sequence. I've tried holding down the f2 and delete keys during boot up separately and together. I've tried accessing through Windows 10 UEFI...
  5. Can't access bios

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Dual Monitor Start Up Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dual Monitor Start Up Issue: I have two monitors connected via displayport to my msi 2060 graphics card. For half a year i had no issues with start up. but since august last year theres a 50 50 chance when i boot up my computer the monitors dont get any singal coming to them and theres no boot up. my...
  7. No BIOS access... because of a monitor?

in Windows 10 Support
    No BIOS access... because of a monitor?: I recently built a new pc and all is well (except for my dislike of Win 10). During the building and setting up, I used what I will call 'Monitor A'. A few days ago I decided to connect my older monitor (Monitor B) to see if I preferred it or not. I used the same HDMI cable...
  8. I can't access BIOS in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't access BIOS in windows 10: Hi, I face this question whenever I try to access BIOS. Would you please help me to solve it? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-access-bios-in-windows-10/74b7e02e-70c7-42ff-bdb4-f5577a0c1329
  9. Having issues with BIOS & GPU

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Having issues with BIOS & GPU: Motherboard Maximus Viii Formula Everytime i enter the UEFI BIOS and set my primary display as PCIE and save and exit when i go back into the bios the saved settings on primary display revert back to auto Asus M8F - YouTube 73569
  10. Can't access bios in windows 10 home

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't access bios in windows 10 home: Hi there, I have been having trouble accessing the bios ever since I upgraded to win 10. How can I fix this? Any help is greatly appreciated . Thanks in advance. 44075