Windows 10: Start Up Menu Shutdown Button

Discus and support Start Up Menu Shutdown Button in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I Go To Shut down My Laptop I Hit the Start Up Button and hit shutdown and it takes me to a shut down windows screen asking me what I want to do.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ratdogtwo, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Ratdogtwo Win User

Start Up Menu Shutdown Button

When I Go To Shut down My Laptop I Hit the Start Up Button and hit shutdown and it takes me to a shut down windows screen asking me what I want to do. It use to be already set on shut down but now set on Switch User Anyone know what I do to get it back to open with shut down?

:)

Ratdogtwo, Mar 18, 2020
  2. Marby Rey Win User

SHUTDOWN BUTTON !!

Hi,

To create shutdown button shortcut, kindly follow these steps.

• Right-click on the desktop, select New and then choose Shortcut.
    • In the shortcut location box, enter the command for shutdown shutdown.exe -s -t 00.
    • Click Next, then type the name of this shortcut.
    • Click Finish.
    • Right-click the shortcut on the desktop, then select Pin to taskbar.

Let us know the outcome.

Marby Rey, Mar 18, 2020
  3. Rensouken Win User
    Start menu button not working??

I found this suggestion on this website:

http://www.bidnessetc.com/

I followed these steps and it worked for me. Hopefully it will work for you too:

Step 1: Right-click the Start button and select Command Prompt (Admin) from the context menu.

Step 2: Type Powershell in Command Prompt and press Enter.

Step 3: Paste the following text in the Powershell window and press Enter.

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Wait for the command to run and ignore the red error prompts if they arise. The Start Menu should be operational now.

Rensouken, Mar 18, 2020
  4. Start Up Menu Shutdown Button

Start menu not working

I found the following article, ran the suggested powershell command and my start menu is working again. Here it is as I found it:
    Go to Start menu button and right click on it. This will open the contextual menu, after which you need to select Command Prompt (Admin). Once Command Prompt is open, go ahead with the following steps.

• Type and enter: Powershell
    • Type the following: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

Don Donadio, Mar 18, 2020
Thema:

Start Up Menu Shutdown Button

1. Start Up Menu Shutdown Button - Similar Threads - Start Menu Shutdown

2. Start Menu Buttons not responsive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Start Menu Buttons not responsive: Hi Community,I had this issue before and now it comes back again. So here's the issue:This issue only occurs when my PC wakes up I normally put it to sleep instead of turning off. The buttons on the menu bar that related to Win10 system becomes not responsive. For example, I...
  3. start up menu window button not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    start up menu window button not working: My start up is not appearing on the screen. i have pressed it continuous times and it wont appear. How do i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-up-menu-window-button-not-working/c2db60d0-bbd4-4f9d-af7e-a0bca9d4801a
  4. Shutdown from the start menu is slower

Shutdown from the start menu is slower: Recently there was an update which now forces the power button in the start menu to create an animation before allowing you to choose between "Sleep", "Shutdown", "Restart". This slows down the shutdown process by a second - not much but very annoying. Before it was:...
  5. Start Menu Button

Start Menu Button: My Start Menu button will not leave the corner even when I am in full screen on some other program [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-button/c5a7c99c-090b-4c74-a246-a01a05a75bf8
  6. start menu button.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    start menu button.: when I press start menu button the apps are all over the screen and theres no list of programs. Its a new laptop days old acer aspire 3 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-button/cd973177-9c07-41bc-9018-11f19c89242c
  7. The Shutdown button in Start not working

The Shutdown button in Start not working: Hi, I am a Windows 10 user. I have a trouble shutting down my computer. When I choose Shutdown, then the tittle "Shutting down" appear on the screen, and the screen becomes dark. But it not complete shutdown . The light on the keyboard, touchpad, ... still on. After 15~20s,...
  8. Start menu button size

Start menu button size: How do I change the size of the menu buttons in the start menu? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-button-size/9aea2aec-bd37-4def-845b-0b01d1631434
  9. Laptop is slow to start up and start menu & button not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop is slow to start up and start menu & button not working: Laptop is slow to start up and start menu & button not working, it happened after the last windows 10 updates. I read that so many people have the same problem. I tried many of the solutions online, but nothing seems working. Please helpppppppppppp...
  10. Start menu button not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu button not working: Hello guys , i am runing windows 10 PRO x64, from time to time , i can't find a pattern , the start menu button decides not to work at all, i click it , nothing happens , i hit windows key on my keyboard , nothing happens. The solution is windows explorer process restart. Can...