Windows 10: start up name

Discus and support start up name in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently set up my new computer and I did not get my name to appear on the page when you enter your password. How do I change it? What I do get is my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KenB4912, May 17, 2019.

1. KenB4912 Win User

start up name

I recently set up my new computer and I did not get my name to appear on the page when you enter your password. How do I change it? What I do get is my email address.

:)

KenB4912, May 17, 2019

2. How to disable User name from Start menu

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per your description, I understand that you would like to remove user name from Start menu. 3

I would like to inform you that this feature is by design and would not be able to delete the User name from the Start menu.

I suggest you to post your valuable suggestions in Windows feedback app. So, that developers will try to implement it in future Windows 10 updates to enhance user experience.

However you may, customize the Start menu tiles. Follow the below steps:

• Type Settings on the search bar and select
      Settings.
    2. Click on
    Personalization and choose Start.

Here you will be able to customize the Start screen as you wish.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, May 17, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 17, 2019
  4. start up name

change windows 10 pc name

We appreciate you getting back to us. To change the cmd name, we suggest that you follow this steps:

• Open a Command Prompt (Adimin) window: Win+X, A, Alt+Y
    • Then run the following command to change your computer name to Donner: WMIC ComputerSystem where Name=COMPUTER-NAME call Rename Name=NewName
    • Reboot your PC.
    • Try to run ipconfig / all command, you should find that the Host Name in Windows IP Configuration list has been changed to the new name.

Keep us posted with the result.

Marilou Ser, May 17, 2019
Thema:

start up name

1. start up name - Similar Threads - start name

2. Change Start up name and other info that appears

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Change Start up name and other info that appears: Hi,I have unfortunately had to go thru a reinstallation of windows.When I boot one account only I see the name 'USER'.I would like to change this to my microsoft account name.Following the instructions via settings, and going to the microsoft tech community, my signed-in name...
  3. "Downloads" pinned to Quick Start freezes Explorer when I download file with long name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Downloads" pinned to Quick Start freezes Explorer when I download file with long name: Hello everybody,When I download a file with a long name and try to access the "Downloads" folder pinned in Quick Access on Explorer, the program freezes. I have to go into the Task Manager and restart it. Then I have to navigate to Downloads from another way and rename that...
  4. "Downloads" pinned to Quick Start freezes Explorer when I download file with long name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Downloads" pinned to Quick Start freezes Explorer when I download file with long name: Hello everybody,When I download a file with a long name and try to access the "Downloads" folder pinned in Quick Access on Explorer, the program freezes. I have to go into the Task Manager and restart it. Then I have to navigate to Downloads from another way and rename that...
  5. how in the name of god to start minecraft on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how in the name of god to start minecraft on windows 10?: i have been trying to start minecraft on this laptop for a few hours now. after looking at every possible fix it is absolutely impossible to start it. whenever i run the launcher i get an error -2015294512. i tried everything i could find, from fixes to system to deleting and...
  6. how in the name of god to start minecraft on windows 10?

how in the name of god to start minecraft on windows 10?: i have been trying to start minecraft on this laptop for a few hours now. after looking at every possible fix it is absolutely impossible to start it. whenever i run the launcher i get an error -2015294512. i tried everything i could find, from fixes to system to deleting and...
  7. how in the name of god to start minecraft on windows 10?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. I have a Shavian font. How do I make Windows use it in things like file names, the start...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a Shavian font. How do I make Windows use it in things like file names, the start...: Basically what it says on the tin. I would like to be able to do things like name files with Shavian letters, and then be able to read the filename instead of having it appear as boxes....
  9. I have a Shavian font. How do I make Windows use it in things like file names, the start...

I have a Shavian font. How do I make Windows use it in things like file names, the start...: Basically what it says on the tin. I would like to be able to do things like name files with Shavian letters, and then be able to read the filename instead of having it appear as boxes....
  10. Why Windows Explorer in Windows 11 starts activating address line instead of New Folder name

Why Windows Explorer in Windows 11 starts activating address line instead of New Folder name: When I create a new folder in Windows Explorer it normally creates the "New Folder" and it activates the name of it for an immediate edit. That is a standard behavior.But as soon as I activate the address line in the Windows Explorer window i.e. to copy the path it changes...