Windows 10: Start up password and pin affecting the smooth running of my computer,

Discus and support Start up password and pin affecting the smooth running of my computer, in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi... I have had this computer for many years now and have had very little trouble with it. but recently I had to access my Microsoft account for some... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Peter566, May 8, 2022.

1. Peter566 Win User

Start up password and pin affecting the smooth running of my computer,

Hi... I have had this computer for many years now and have had very little trouble with it. but recently I had to access my Microsoft account for some information, I had to change my password as my old one must have expired, Since I have done that I now get a password or happy face pin to access start up. I did not request this or did I want either of these functions as I am the only one here and I like to turn on the computer and leave it while it loads up ready to go, but now I find the computer is not loading up until the start up password or pin is accessed which is very inconvenient for m

:)

Peter566, May 8, 2022
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, May 8, 2022
  3. thomaseg1 Win User
    Pinning .msc Items to "Start".

I just typed gpedit.msc into the search box and when it showed in the results
    rightclick/ pin to start

(running classic shell)

thomaseg1, May 8, 2022
  4. Start up password and pin affecting the smooth running of my computer,

PIN at start up

Hi Scott,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to Change PIN password:

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then Click on accounts.
    • Then on the left hand side click on sign in options.
    • Then you can Select Change PIN password and remove the pin.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 8, 2022
Thema:

Start up password and pin affecting the smooth running of my computer,

1. Start up password and pin affecting the smooth running of my computer, - Similar Threads - Start password pin

2. At start up - asking for PIN not password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    At start up - asking for PIN not password: At startup I'm informed there's something wrong with my PIN instead of asking for Password. If I go the reset PIN route and log into my Microsoft Acct. It states a code was sent to my email but sometime I get it but now nothing comes no matter how many time I request it....
  3. At start up - asking for PIN not password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    At start up - asking for PIN not password: At startup I'm informed there's something wrong with my PIN instead of asking for Password. If I go the reset PIN route and log into my Microsoft Acct. It states a code was sent to my email but sometime I get it but now nothing comes no matter how many time I request it....
  4. At start up - asking for PIN not password

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. At start up - asking for PIN not password

6. Start up password and pin affecting the smooth running of my computer,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start up password and pin affecting the smooth running of my computer,: Hi... I have had this computer for many years now and have had very little trouble with it. but recently I had to access my Microsoft account for some information, I had to change my password as my old one must have expired, Since I have done that I now get a password or...
  7. Start up password and pin affecting the smooth running of my computer,

Start up password and pin affecting the smooth running of my computer,: Hi... I have had this computer for many years now and have had very little trouble with it. but recently I had to access my Microsoft account for some information, I had to change my password as my old one must have expired, Since I have done that I now get a password or...
  8. Will Windows 10 run smoothly on my computer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Will Windows 10 run smoothly on my computer?: Hello, I switched to Linux a year ago because of the poor performance I had with Windows 10. Now, mainly because of software compatibility, I am wondering, will Windows 10 run smoothly on my computer? Maybe it was because of too many processes or a less optimised version that...
  9. Will windows 11 run smooth on my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will windows 11 run smooth on my computer?: We all know that every software or game released has some minimum requirements. How ever we all know the fact that the minimum requirements publish in the website is very misleading and the performance of that product seems very sluggish. I want an honest answer about will...
  10. Will windows 11 run smooth on my computer?

Will windows 11 run smooth on my computer?: We all know that every software or game released has some minimum requirements. How ever we all know the fact that the minimum requirements publish in the website is very misleading and the performance of that product seems very sluggish. I want an honest answer about will...