Windows 10: Start up Password problem

Discus and support Start up Password problem in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; The start up screen password block is already full of characters that I can't delete. I'm asked to change my password but am then given an alternative... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Canterslowly, Jan 16, 2021.

1. Start up Password problem

The start up screen password block is already full of characters that I can't delete. I'm asked to change my password but am then given an alternative email address which I don't even know. If I eventually click on a symbol away from the password block I get the proper start up screen and can get in no problem. It's very weird.

A few weeks ago the new login options came up and I made a PIN but the same happened with that. The start up screen already had a PIN number in which I couldn't delete etc etc. Once I did get into the laptop, I took away the PIN option.

Can anyone help please?

:)

Canterslowly, Jan 16, 2021

2. OK, Password problem...Mint

Linux Mint - Community
    You can reset your password following the next steps:

• Reboot your computer / Turn your computer on.
    • Hold down the Shift key at the start of the boot process to enable the GNU GRUB boot menu (if it does not show)
    • Press ESC at the GNU GRUB prompt.
    • Press e for edit.
    • Use the Arrow keys to highlight the line that begins with kernel and press the e key.
    • Go to the very end of the line and add rw init=/bin/bash
    • Press Enter and then press b to boot your system.
    • Your system will boot up to a passwordless root shell.
    • Type in passwd yourusername
    • Set your new password.
    • Restart your system.

ChevyOwner, Jan 16, 2021
  3. MW2 Problem

I think the game is booting, then Steam is trying to boot, but is hanging during the login process, hell it may be sitting there wait for you to enter your password.

Try this, turn Steam On and log in. Click on the game listed in the "My Games" tab to start MW2 and see if the problem continues. If that does not work, you have 2 other suggestions above.

TheLaughingMan, Jan 16, 2021
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Start up Password problem

Password problem

Thank you for the information.

We suggest that you try to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to find and fix the problem with touch pad and arrow keys. Follow the steps provided below:

• Type Settings in the search tab and press Enter.
    • Select Update & Security, then click Troubleshoot.
    • Click Hardware and Devices, then click Run the troubleshooter.

If that didn't work, we suggest that you boot/start your computer in
    Safe mode
    and try the steps provided on the article again and check if it will work.

Keep us posted.

Remon Ont, Jan 16, 2021
Thema:

Start up Password problem

1. Start up Password problem - Similar Threads - Start Password problem

2. Password on start up

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Password on start up: I just got a new laptop with Windows 10 Pro. For some reason, I can not make it require a password on startup or when waking up. I am only given 4 options:Windows Hello Face currently unavailableWindows Hello FingerprintWindows Hello PINSecurity KeyWhy not a physical...
  3. Password on start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password on start up: I just got a new laptop with Windows 10 Pro. For some reason, I can not make it require a password on startup or when waking up. I am only given 4 options:Windows Hello Face currently unavailableWindows Hello FingerprintWindows Hello PINSecurity KeyWhy not a physical...
  4. Password on start up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 start up login password problems.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 start up login password problems.: Can any please help me get back into my laptop? my hp laptop updated windows 10 a couple of nights ago and when i went to turn it on yesterday it would not accept my usual password, ive tried every password i have ever used and still cant get in. I keep ketting the password...
  6. PC Password in Start up

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    PC Password in Start up: So, someone near me passed away and the person who was given certain belongings of his obtained this computer, my boyfriend in turn got it from her and gave it to me, at least two years ago. So the computer was empty except for the administrator name and password, which I do...
  7. Start up password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start up password: While using Windows 7 on my previous computer I needed no password to get into my computer. Now with Windows 10 on my new HP computer I can't start my computer without a password. Is there a setting so I don't need a password to get into my computer? Thanks, Stan...
  8. PASSWORD ON START UP

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PASSWORD ON START UP: How do I prevent windows from asking me for my password on START UP ONLY? I did not used to have to sign in, but now I am asked every time I start the computer. THANKS...
  9. "Start up Password Required"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "Start up Password Required": My father is running a 23 inch H-P All-In-One computer running Windows 10, with 8 GB of RAM memory and a 1TB hard drive. Today he called me and told me that he turned on his computer, and a black screen is displayed with a WHITE message box in the middle of the screen. The...
  10. Password Problem at Start Up

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Password Problem at Start Up: I downloaded/installed Windows 10 yesterday. Everything went smoothly and it was up and running in under 30 minutes. The only problem appeared to be that the desktop icons were jumbled up. I then discovered that VPN wouldn't work. Everything else appears to be working...