Windows 10: Start up Photos

Discus and support Start up Photos in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I realize the start up photos are random and Microsoft might not feel this is "OK" But I think a few photos of the Amazon fires would not hurt and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Brightonuk, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Start up Photos

I realize the start up photos are random and Microsoft might not feel this is "OK"

But I think a few photos of the Amazon fires would not hurt and might open peoples eyes as to the gravity of the situation.

This is something beyond personal opinions it is our planet and this is beyond serious

:)

Brightonuk, Aug 26, 2019
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Start up Photos :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Aug 26, 2019
  3. Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Aug 26, 2019
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Start up Photos

Multiple Photos

We suggest that you follow the steps below to delete the photo through Photos app:

• If you’re looking at your list of photos in Photos app, select the photos by clicking on checkbox on the photos you want to delete. Click
      Delete icon at the bottom right corner to delete.
    • If you open a photo, Tap or press Delete
      key from keyboard.

Let us know if you need more assistance.

Rose Cal, Aug 26, 2019
Thema:

Start up Photos

1. Start up Photos - Similar Threads - Start Photos

2. Windows 11 Photos App starts at beginning of folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Photos App starts at beginning of folder: I have a new pc running Windows 11. I copied all my Pictures over from my old pc running Windows 10 When I double-click an image in the middle of my folder eg the 20th image it opens in Photos so far so good But then when I click the Right arrow I don't get the 21st image -...
  3. Windows 11 Photos App starts at beginning of folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Photos App starts at beginning of folder: I have a new pc running Windows 11. I copied all my Pictures over from my old pc running Windows 10 When I double-click an image in the middle of my folder eg the 20th image it opens in Photos so far so good But then when I click the Right arrow I don't get the 21st image -...
  4. photos just started not opening in WIN10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    photos just started not opening in WIN10: I copied some photos from my Iphone to my WIN10 computer. This has worked for many years. Within the last few days I now get an error message when I try to open the copied files on the computer. The message is "Install failed. Please contact your software vendor." What does...
  5. photos just started not opening in WIN10

photos just started not opening in WIN10: I copied some photos from my Iphone to my WIN10 computer. This has worked for many years. Within the last few days I now get an error message when I try to open the copied files on the computer. The message is "Install failed. Please contact your software vendor." What does...
  6. Microsoft Photos has broken the start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photos has broken the start menu: Microsoft Photos has broken the start menu on Windows 10. When you open the start menu, it immediately closes. The problem is in the tile of this program in the menu. Since the menu does not work, you can turn it off through the search window. After unpinning the program...
  7. Microsoft Photos has broken the start menu

Microsoft Photos has broken the start menu: Microsoft Photos has broken the start menu on Windows 10. When you open the start menu, it immediately closes. The problem is in the tile of this program in the menu. Since the menu does not work, you can turn it off through the search window. After unpinning the program...
  8. Is the photo app tile in Windows 10 start menu buggy?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is the photo app tile in Windows 10 start menu buggy?: Is the photo app tile in Windows 10 start menu buggy? it begin when I select an image for my app's tile, and then the start menu lags and closes on its own. I know it's just a small issue, but it bothers me.I already try these fixes but it didn't work.Check for UpdatesRestart...
  9. Is the photo app tile in Windows 10 start menu buggy?

Is the photo app tile in Windows 10 start menu buggy?: Is the photo app tile in Windows 10 start menu buggy? it begin when I select an image for my app's tile, and then the start menu lags and closes on its own. I know it's just a small issue, but it bothers me.I already try these fixes but it didn't work.Check for UpdatesRestart...
  10. Is the photo app tile in Windows 10 start menu buggy?

in Windows 10 Customization