Windows 10: Start-up problems following Windows Update 05 June 2020

Discus and support Start-up problems following Windows Update 05 June 2020 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My laptop has just gone through the latest update. Following restart my laptop goes straight to the 'Options' screen. Option 1: 'Troubleshoot',... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Thomas McGeoch, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Start-up problems following Windows Update 05 June 2020

My laptop has just gone through the latest update.
    Following restart my laptop goes straight to the 'Options' screen.

Option 1: 'Troubleshoot',

Option 2: 'Turn off your PC'

Selecting 'Troubleshoot' takes me straight to 'Advanced Options'
    Option 1: Start-up Repair Doesn't work
    Option 2: Command Prompt
    Option 3: Uninstall updates doesn't work
    Option 4: UEFI Firmware settings
    Option 5: System Restore
    Option 6: System Image Recovery

Upon selecting System Restore, I get the message: "To use system restore, you must specify which Windows installation to restore. Restart this computer, select an operating system and then select system restore"

I can't select an operating system and I need this laptop to work and it has all my files in it.

Any help highly appreciated

:)

Thomas McGeoch, Jun 6, 2020
  2. jbailey8 Win User

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Jun 6, 2020
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Jun 6, 2020
  4. Start-up problems following Windows Update 05 June 2020

DirectX June Update

Microsoft has released an updated version of DirectX for June, although it isn’t clear whether the update is just for DirectX 9.0c or for DirectX 10 on Vista as well. Regardless of this, it is still recommended that Vista users update their systems because Vista will benefit from any DirectX 9.0c fixes when playing DirectX 9 games. The web installer is only for Windows 2000, Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 (both 32-bit and 64-bit versions), whilst the redistributable version will also work with Vista. The download links are listed below:
    • Web installer for Windows 2000, XP and 2003: download [44KB - 41.4MB]
    • Redistributable installer for Windows 2000, XP, 2003 and Vista: download [53.6MB]

Jimmy 2004, Jun 6, 2020
Thema:

Start-up problems following Windows Update 05 June 2020

1. Start-up problems following Windows Update 05 June 2020 - Similar Threads - Start problems following

2. Windows Edge update in June 2020 Problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Edge update in June 2020 Problem: I got an auto update on Windows 10 in late June. Since this update, I have to sign into Chrome and every one of my apps every day. I don't want to use Edge. I've set Chrome as my default browser. But, I still have to sign in...and I get notifications that I have signed in...
  3. Brother printer not working following June 9, 2020 Windows update. Is there a patch...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brother printer not working following June 9, 2020 Windows update. Is there a patch...: I need to get my Brother printer working following the June 9, 2020 Windows 10 update. Is there an easy remedy available? Is the promised patch ready for installation to overcome this?...
  4. Windows 10 update June 2020 PROBLEMS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update June 2020 PROBLEMS: Hello, PLEASE HELP!!! I was working away on my computer and got notified I needed to reboot for an update. I did so, but once it finished, my monitor display isn't right. It is all stretched out and huge font, and I can't find an adjustment to get it back. AS WELL, my...
  5. June 2020 update

June 2020 update: I run Opera browser and I did my weekly update. I notice after doing the update today that when I open my browser it stays open for about 2 minutes and then closes itself. Im wondering if with the Microsoft edge if this is doing it because windows wants me to use their...
  6. June 2020 update to Sudoku

in Windows 10 Gaming
    June 2020 update to Sudoku: Is there any way to remove just the update to Microsoft Sudoku June 2020? I loved the game prior to the update, I'm no longer interested due to the new version. Thank you....
  7. Windows Update June 2020

Windows Update June 2020: My printer Brother MFC J220 stopped functioning after the June Windows Update. I thought it was because it was an older model as I have had it for several years. I tried uninstalling it, but the printer icon was no longer there all that was there was a small square. I tried...
  8. Windows Update June 2020

Windows Update June 2020: Hi! I just noticed a few system issues with my laptop after the June 2020 update. First, after turning on the computer and loading the browser, a lot of "+++" symbols appear on the search bar. This does not apply to the browser alone but to any empty search bar e.g. start...
  9. Windows 1909 2020-05 updates

Windows 1909 2020-05 updates: I forgot to pause Updates prior to connecting on 6/5 and Windows Update did search and found 2020-05 updates for my system. I have my system set to Ask me to start the D/L. After writing down the Updates that showed up in the list, I Paused again. Checked MUC today and...
  10. 2020-05-05 problem with Rich Text

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    2020-05-05 problem with Rich Text: I have a program under upgrading that stores and provides access to rich text an other formats. I personally use it on a daily. New versions are issued about every 6 weeks. On 2020-05-05 I accessed data with the current release April of this program without problem at about...