Windows 10: Start-up Programs not showing up anywhere in Windows

Discus and support Start-up Programs not showing up anywhere in Windows in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Recently i installed a new VPN software on my pc, but i noticed that it runs up whenever i power up my pc after every shutdown, so i decided to disable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Nizar Haddad, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Start-up Programs not showing up anywhere in Windows

Recently i installed a new VPN software on my pc, but i noticed that it runs up whenever i power up my pc after every shutdown, so i decided to disable that feature from the program's settings, but there wasn't anything in the program to do that, then i decided to disable it manually by opening Task Manager, heading to the "Start-up" tab, but it said "there are no start-up items to display", so i followed another solution which is by navigating through Settings -> Apps -> Startup, but all i found was a big white space at the location where i'm supposed to see a list of all start-up programs, so then, i'm only left with the old-fashioned windows method; which goes by running msconfig, navigating to the "Startup" tab, but even there there was nothing, it only said as it always do since Windows 10 "To manage startup items, use the Startup section of Task Manager".

I'm running Windows 10 Home Single Language, with all updates, up to the moment of writing, being installed, and i have never encountered such a problem before, i tried looking it up, even in Windows Community, but didn't find a solution, so hopefully someone have some insight to solve the problem, and it might just be a bug in one of the latest updates of Windows 10.

:)

Nizar Haddad, Nov 5, 2019

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Nov 5, 2019
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Start-up Programs not showing up anywhere in Windows :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Nov 5, 2019
  4. Neilg Win User

Start-up Programs not showing up anywhere in Windows

how do i reset the start menu in windows 10 to not show tiles?

A few days ago, my friends Win10 computer stopped showing his desktop and now only shows the tiles (he wants to see the default list of programs, not any tiles).

Clicking on the Windows key or "start menu" doesn't change anything. I stepped him through some online suggestions (including Settings/Start/Use-start-full-screen and making sure Settings/Table-mode was not engaged) but they don't work.

I've also compared his settings (Start/Use-start-full... and Table-mode) to my Win10 machine and they are the same.

Assistance/suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Neilg, Nov 5, 2019
Thema:

Start-up Programs not showing up anywhere in Windows

1. Start-up Programs not showing up anywhere in Windows - Similar Threads - Start Programs showing

2. start up program

in Windows 10 Customization
    start up program: How can i setup chrome as startup browser. It is used to be under task manager. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-up-program/e3c38ec5-6482-48eb-a63b-a14af3fa7cd8
  3. start up program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    start up program: How can i setup chrome as startup browser. It is used to be under task manager. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-up-program/e3c38ec5-6482-48eb-a63b-a14af3fa7cd8
  4. start up program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Bluetooth not showing up anywhere

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth not showing up anywhere: I googled and tried a lot of different things, I even found an old post with someone having a similar issue. I tried what someone recommended for that person to try. Basically, I used to play PES with my cousin using my ps4 controllers, today I try to do that and I noticed...
  6. MICROPHONE Won't show up anywhere

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MICROPHONE Won't show up anywhere: About a week ago my microphone stopped showing up anywhere, I checked all cables multiple times and nothing was loose. I also just got this microphone 2 months ago. I thought I had messed up settings or downloaded some weird USB software so I used a restore point from that 10...
  7. Headset not showing up anywhere.

Headset not showing up anywhere.: I have recently bought a new headset and connected it in to the headphone + microphone jacks, but it doesn't show up as a device. It doesn't show up as a disabled device either, it is nowhere to be found. It still plays sound, it's just that the microphone doesn't show up...
  8. HardDrive not showing up anywhere

HardDrive not showing up anywhere: I just installed windows onto my new ssd but my harddrive doesnt show up anywhere. ive checked the BIOS its not there and ive checked the Disc Management and its still not there please help asap...
  9. Programs Not Showing Up in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Programs Not Showing Up in Start Menu: I download programs. They get place in Documents folder (did another question on that). They don't show up in Start Menu. How do I get them to show up there? Thanks....
  10. Start-up Programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start-up Programs: I can see the start-up list of programs in the task manager. I want to add one to the list. f1 an no help or menu option is visible. I want to add a browser. How do I do this Please. *Huh 45862