Windows 10: Start up question

Discus and support Start up question in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I stop Bing on the web from opening at start up?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MarciaSliger, Apr 28, 2019.

1. Start up question

How do I stop Bing on the web from opening at start up?

:)

MarciaSliger, Apr 28, 2019
  2. Shuyin03 Win User

New here and seeking for help: problems with graphic card

Thanks very much lilhasselhoffer. I'll start doing what you suggested step by step.

One question thou: you suggested me to Download the latest driver package from Nvidea. However, the link you posted is for the newly released GeForce GTX 760? Am I supposed to download the drivers for that card?

Sorry for my questions. As I said, I'm not an expert at all.

Shuyin03, Apr 28, 2019
  3. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Apr 28, 2019
  4. Start up question

EVGA GTX 2xx series Reinbursement Service

XFX started it and Evga is doing the same. Evga is starting its own reinbursement program for those who bought the Evga 2xx series when they first came out. All you have to do is follow a few steps.

• Must be a new purchase from an authorized EVGA reseller. Step-ups do not qualify.
    • You have 14 days to register and upload a qualified invoice to claim your EVGA Bucks.
    • Only customers who purhased the EVGA GTX 280 or GTX 260 at the full Manufactured Suggested Reatil Price (MSRP) will qualify for the Reimbursement Program.
    • If between June 16th and July 7th you purchased an:
    • EVGA GTX 260 you will receive $75.00 in EVGA Bucks* or $60.00 Cash Back
    • EVGA GTX 280 you will receive $150.00 in EVGA Bucks* or $125.00 Cash Back
    The only thing this doesn't cover is the Step-up program. I'm fine with that because I got the price cut anyway. I just hope to get the card by this weekend if not early next week. I have a itch to bench. *Rockout :rockout:

Source: EVGA

Cold Storm, Apr 28, 2019
Thema:

Start up question

1. Start up question - Similar Threads - Start question

2. Fresh Start Questions + 0x80070057 and 0x800f0831 errors

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fresh Start Questions + 0x80070057 and 0x800f0831 errors: So ive trying to update windows for a long time and ive been trying EVERYTHING ive been recomended to do. So the one last thing I have left to do is reset my computer. I was thinking about doing the fresh start, and having it keep my personal files. So here is where the...
  3. File transfer rate question (starts off good, drops to 0, then accelerates)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File transfer rate question (starts off good, drops to 0, then accelerates): I frequently transfer audio files to a USB drive and have noticed something odd about the transfer rate: it always starts off relatively high, continues at that rate for a while, drops off rapidly to near 0, then gradually ramps back up. Why is this? I suspect it's due to a...
  4. [Question] Has this ever happened to anybody before? Strange Start up issue

[Question] Has this ever happened to anybody before? Strange Start up issue: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Justin-Sirois [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eoxwyt/question_has_this_ever_happened_to_anybody_before/
  5. Another start menu question

Another start menu question: I used to be able to hit the windows key, start typing "path" or "environment" and the suggestion to modify my path will come up. Since a few days ago, this is no longer true. No sure what changed. Any ideas how to fix this? submitted by /u/JackeJR [link] [comments]...
  6. [Question]: How do I only remove the 'Pin to Start' option in the recycle bin context menu?

[Question]: How do I only remove the 'Pin to Start' option in the recycle bin context menu?: I tried to use the first answer to this post on superuser on StackExchange: https://superuser.com/questions/593547/remove-pin-to-start-option-on-just-desktop-recycle-bin-in-windows-8 But I got 'Unable to save permission changes on empty. Access is denied', even though I am...
  7. New computer - moved from Vista to Win10 - HATE IT! Have many questions, will start with 2!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New computer - moved from Vista to Win10 - HATE IT! Have many questions, will start with 2!: I've tried to find info online but it seems I don't have the same options as these earlier responses indicate. Like I said, just got it yesterday - and it's awful! Already missing Vista, which I didn't think would happen. 1. It appears that the computer assigned a username...
  8. Last minute questions before i start clean install

Last minute questions before i start clean install: Thanks to this great forum I have been gathering a heap of information for a new W10 Install to replace my existing W7 Pro – which I am about to start. I shall be going for W10 Home edition. I now have a Bootable USB version of W10 Home via MCT, purchased an OEM ‘unused’ W10...
  9. Win10 Reet this PC or fresh start question

Win10 Reet this PC or fresh start question: What does 'keep personal file, settings and apps' mean? To be more specific - I'd like to reset my pc. Fully. But would like the previous installation to be moved to the windows.old folder, so that I can hand-pick files to move to the new installation. Does either Fresh...
  10. i download a game from shockwave an when it starts to install i get a question do i want to...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    i download a game from shockwave an when it starts to install i get a question do i want to...: I can not get a install of a game to go threw I answer yes to changes an get an errer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-download-a-game-from-shockwave-an-when-it-starts/3fdcdf52-b814-4c1c-bb57-cb446f181789"