Windows 10: start up repair failed/start up issues

Discus and support start up repair failed/start up issues in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I've been having an issue with my pc starting up slow, it's never been a major problem until it starts to refuse to start up sometimes. My mouse and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Janel Paras, Mar 23, 2023.

1. start up repair failed/start up issues

I've been having an issue with my pc starting up slow, it's never been a major problem until it starts to refuse to start up sometimes. My mouse and monitor wouldn't even detect a signal from my pc. I would have to wait a few minutes until it does or just turn it off and on again, but recently, I've been getting an automatic start-up repair and the end result being "Startup repair couldn't repair your PC." I would shut down and retry a start up a few times until it turns on again. I've never had issues past start up--the pc works fine afterwards--starting up seems to be the major issue.Here's

:)

Janel Paras, Mar 23, 2023

2. Windows Start issue

Try this:

Right click on your start menu, and click on System:

start up repair failed/start up issues 125819d1489956270t-windows-start-issue-select-os-step-1.png

When the system window comes up, click on Advanced System Settings:

start up repair failed/start up issues 125820d1489956270t-windows-start-issue-select-os-step-2.png

There, click on Startup and Recovery:

start up repair failed/start up issues 125821d1489956270t-windows-start-issue-select-os-step-3.png

Then in the top menu you will have a choice of OSs. Select the one you want to boot to defaultly and uncheck the box for "Time to display list of operating systems."

start up repair failed/start up issues 125822d1489956270t-windows-start-issue-select-os-step-4.png

That should make it boot into Windows 10 without your intervention.

ArazelEternal, Mar 23, 2023
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Windows won't start or repair

Hi,

This issue may occur due to a
    missing/corrupted system files. We suggest that you perform these methods
    of troubleshooting steps to fix this matter:

Method 1:
    Run SFC Scan.

To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.

This will check and run an auto-repair on the issue.

Method 2:
    Run DISM Tool.

After running the
    SFC scan
    and the issue still persist, run the
    DISM
    to check the system health and to try restoring the files. To run
    DISM tool, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.

• Type the following command:

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /scanhealth

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

NOTE:
    This might take a while to finish scanning.
    Do not cancel.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Mar 23, 2023
  4. Milennin Win User

start up repair failed/start up issues

Scanning and repairing drive on every start-up

Recently, I had a start-up error with the "Reboot and select proper Boot device" message. I fixed it by unplugging and then plugging back in my drives, but since then it has been slow with starting up Windows, attempting to scan and repair an unknown drive before the login screen.

I need help to figure out which disk it is referring to and how to get rid of the scan and repair thing on start-up.

Windows Version Number: 1903 (OS Build 18362.900)

(Link to the previous thread: Scanning and repairing drive on every start-up
    Tried the things listed there, but couldn't get much further. Was suggested to start this new thread...)

Milennin, Mar 23, 2023
Thema:

start up repair failed/start up issues

1. start up repair failed/start up issues - Similar Threads - start repair failed

2. start up repair failed/start up issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    start up repair failed/start up issues: I've been having an issue with my pc starting up slow, it's never been a major problem until it starts to refuse to start up sometimes. My mouse and monitor wouldn't even detect a signal from my pc. I would have to wait a few minutes until it does or just turn it off and on...
  3. start up repair failed/start up issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    start up repair failed/start up issues: I've been having an issue with my pc starting up slow, it's never been a major problem until it starts to refuse to start up sometimes. My mouse and monitor wouldn't even detect a signal from my pc. I would have to wait a few minutes until it does or just turn it off and on...
  4. Issue with the start up repair

Issue with the start up repair: It only loops for restart process and done nothing. No matter what controls I choose like restore or uninstall updates none is working fine. Help me out. I cant boot my computer and no options work....
  5. Issue with the start up repair

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with the start up repair: It only loops for restart process and done nothing. No matter what controls I choose like restore or uninstall updates none is working fine. Help me out. I cant boot my computer and no options work....
  6. Issue with the start up repair

7. Start up repair

Start up repair: Hi, I accidentally clicked on a system registry folder when looking for a file on my surface station pc.When I restarted my computer it never showed windows, was thinking for 3 x weeks.I'm attempting the advice online regarding start-up repair and have entered the bitlock...
  8. Start up repair

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start up repair: Hi, I accidentally clicked on a system registry folder when looking for a file on my surface station pc.When I restarted my computer it never showed windows, was thinking for 3 x weeks.I'm attempting the advice online regarding start-up repair and have entered the bitlock...
  9. Start up repair

10. Start up repair

Start up repair: I left my PC alone for a while and I looked back to it and it showed a blue screen, then a black one. My PC turned on again and it took me to a repair screen. I clicked on advanced repair to restart my computer but the options weren't there. I've tried everything, I even...