Windows 10: Start up Repair from Windows RE environment never works on any of our pc's

Discus and support Start up Repair from Windows RE environment never works on any of our pc's in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; how to make start up repair (from RE) work?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by map77_1, Sep 6, 2018.

1. map77_1 Win User

Start up Repair from Windows RE environment never works on any of our pc's

how to make start up repair (from RE) work?

:)

map77_1, Sep 6, 2018
  2. Mark Ole Win User

Recovery. Your pc or device needs to be repaired

Hi,

To address your concern, we suggest that you run the Windows Startup repair. To do that, follow these steps:

• Using you installation media, access the Windows recovery environment.
    • Select Troubleshoot
    • Choose Advanced option
    • Choose Automatic Repair or Startup Repair.
    • Once done, your system will restart.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Mark Ole, Sep 6, 2018
  3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Sep 6, 2018
  4. Aileen Alf Win User

Stuck in a loop of Automatic repair then black screen then automatic repair could not repair the PC

Hi Paul,

If Automatic Repair couldn't repair your PC, you can use
    Command Prompt
    from the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRe) to resolve unbootable operating system issues. Please be guided by the steps below:

• Use the power button to restart your computer three times. This will start the Windows Recovery Environment.
    • In the Windows Recovery Environment, on the Choose an option screen, click
      Troubleshoot.
    • Click Advanced options and then click Command Prompt.
    • Type the following commands and press Enter after each line:
      • bootrec.exe /rebuildbcd
      • bootrec.exe /fixmbr
      • bootrec.exe /fixboot
    • Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.

Let us know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Start up Repair from Windows RE environment never works on any of our pc's - Similar Threads - Start Repair environment

2. PC locks up when re-starting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC locks up when re-starting: My home PC locks up every time I try to re-start it. PC: Zoostorm (model 7910-4349/B Windows 10, version 1803 When I select the re-start option from the power menu my PC locks up. I then have to use the power button to turn off my system. If I use the shut down...
  3. How to stop Windows 10 from re-opening applications on start up?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to stop Windows 10 from re-opening applications on start up?: Since one of the recent releases when booting up Windows 10 any applications that were open prior when shutting down open again. This didn't used to happen. Whoever thought this was ever a good feature? How do I configure Windows 10 to NOT open previously open applications...
  4. Re beeping noise from PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Re beeping noise from PC: Hello I think I have the answer, but would like someone to confirm my theory.... My PC has started beeping intermittently, I believe it only happens when transferring files across...I noticed that when the PC beeps the file transfer stops for a few seconds then...
  5. PC not starting up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC not starting up: Sigh, I need your help again guys. Today I decided ito was time to re-cable and generally tidy up my PC. I have been planning this for a few months as its the first anniversary since getting my new PC. So I did the re-cable which took me several hours. It also involved...
  6. Taskbar Icons Disappear at Start-Up or Re-Start

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Taskbar Icons Disappear at Start-Up or Re-Start: Hi, The program icons all disappear from the task-bar when I start or restart in Windows 10. But, if I right-click on the task-bar and select: Task Manager > Windows Explorer (right-click) > restart, I get all my icons back until my next start-up or restart and then...
  7. Start up repair... unsuccessful!?

Start up repair... unsuccessful!?: Here's the skinny ^^ Installed Win10... Didn't like it. Tried revert to Win7 via Settings/Update-Recovery. Now all I get is... [img] Then I get... [img] Then... [img] Tried msconfig from command window (read in another thread)... How to...
  8. We close our Laptop's and it's takes a Long Time to re-start

We close our Laptop's and it's takes a Long Time to re-start: My wife and I both have HP laptops that has Win 7.... We upgraded to Win 10 and now every time we close or they time out and shut off. It takes a REAL long time to re-start... The ON button is always lit and the WiFi light remains on I had to hold the off button on my wife's...
  9. Repair Windows Disc Never Worked For Me

in Windows 10 Support
    Repair Windows Disc Never Worked For Me: Don't know why "Repair Disk" has never worked for me. Since I first used it, at least about twenty or thirty times, but I keep trying whenever I need such on any PC am working on. It ALWAYS reports the PC cannot be repaired. I have both 32 and 64 bits PCs. It happen...
  10. Start up window not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Start up window not working: When I left click the start up icon I get a message: Critical Error, Start Up Window isn't functioning. Will try to fix when you re-start. The Error message prevents all other windows from opening. When I click the message, the system re-boots, but the Error continues. If I...