Windows 10: Start up Repair from Windows RE environment never works on any of our pc's

Discus and support Start up Repair from Windows RE environment never works on any of our pc's in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; how to make start up repair (from RE) work?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by map77_1, Sep 6, 2018.

1. map77_1 Win User

Start up Repair from Windows RE environment never works on any of our pc's

how to make start up repair (from RE) work?

:)

map77_1, Sep 6, 2018
  2. Mark Ole Win User

Recovery. Your pc or device needs to be repaired

Hi,

To address your concern, we suggest that you run the Windows Startup repair. To do that, follow these steps:

• Using you installation media, access the Windows recovery environment.
    • Select Troubleshoot
    • Choose Advanced option
    • Choose Automatic Repair or Startup Repair.
    • Once done, your system will restart.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Mark Ole, Sep 6, 2018
  3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Sep 6, 2018
  4. Start up Repair from Windows RE environment never works on any of our pc's

Stuck in a loop of Automatic repair then black screen then automatic repair could not repair the PC

Hi Paul,

If Automatic Repair couldn't repair your PC, you can use
    Command Prompt
    from the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRe) to resolve unbootable operating system issues. Please be guided by the steps below:

• Use the power button to restart your computer three times. This will start the Windows Recovery Environment.
    • In the Windows Recovery Environment, on the Choose an option screen, click
      Troubleshoot.
    • Click Advanced options and then click Command Prompt.
    • Type the following commands and press Enter after each line:
      • bootrec.exe /rebuildbcd
      • bootrec.exe /fixmbr
      • bootrec.exe /fixboot
    • Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.

Let us know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

Start up Repair from Windows RE environment never works on any of our pc's

1. Start up Repair from Windows RE environment never works on any of our pc's - Similar Threads - Start Repair environment

2. Repairing Windows 10 from the RE/PE environment?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repairing Windows 10 from the RE/PE environment?: I have never had the SFC/DISM commands work successfully from PE/RE by either getting an initialization error or Windows resource protection error. I am trying to find out if there is a way to structure those commands so that they do work successfully in those environments....
  3. Repairing Windows 10 from the RE/PE environment?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Repairing Windows 10 from the RE/PE environment?: I have never had the SFC/DISM commands work successfully from PE/RE by either getting an initialization error or Windows resource protection error. I am trying to find out if there is a way to structure those commands so that they do work successfully in those environments....
  4. Repairing Windows 10 from the RE/PE environment?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Start-up repair couldn't repair your pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start-up repair couldn't repair your pc: I've just recently moved and my pc was fine before I packed it and I just hooked it all back up and now when I turn it on it starts loading the dell logo and then it tells me that the startup repair couldn't repair my pc and I don't really know what to do. can anyone help me?...
  6. Start-up repair couldn't repair your pc

Start-up repair couldn't repair your pc: I've just recently moved and my pc was fine before I packed it and I just hooked it all back up and now when I turn it on it starts loading the dell logo and then it tells me that the startup repair couldn't repair my pc and I don't really know what to do. can anyone help me?...
  7. Start-up repair couldn't repair your pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Start-Up Repair couldn't repair your PC.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start-Up Repair couldn't repair your PC.: Hello, So last night I switched my computer off but it kept running in the background. I switched it off using the power button, it came back on, so I did it again. Looking back, it was a stupid thing to do but my cranky butt couldn't sleep with the humming. I assume this is...
  9. Start-up Repair couldn't repair your PC

Start-up Repair couldn't repair your PC: Hi, my PC was unresponsive so I restarted it. Now I keep getting the Start-up Repair page with the message Log file: C\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt. I have tried resetting it,and using a back-up usb but to no avail. I have a HP Pavilion running on Windows10,...
  10. Start up repair couldn’t repair your PC

Start up repair couldn’t repair your PC: Start up repair isnt working and it says Log file: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-up-repair-couldnt-repair-your-pc/e41ef1c8-2b78-47a0-976d-85cf06b956d1

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows startup repair never works