Windows 10: start up repair keeps saying incorrect password

Discus and support start up repair keeps saying incorrect password in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi, I was trying to use startup repair clicked restart and held shift key the screen shows my account name with the same email as the Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by dalidali52, Apr 5, 2021.

1. start up repair keeps saying incorrect password

Hi,

I was trying to use startup repair clicked restart and held shift key the screen shows my account name with the same email as the Microsoft account. I input the password and it says it is incorrect. I changed the complicated password to a simple one so I would be able to type it correctly, but the same result.

I am confused.

I have both the Microsoft account, as admin, and a local account for which I gave a different name so I would be able to distinguish them.

I don't know which password it wants. I can sign in to the Microsoft account online just fine, and the laptop is also signed in without a problem.

I hope you can shed some light on this conundrum.

thanks

D. Hardwick

:)

dalidali52, Apr 5, 2021

2. Password says The paramenter is incorrect.

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

I understand your concern and will help you with the issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods:

Method 1

Please follow the steps below to go back to the normal startup:

• Type windows + r to open run command.

• Type msconfig to open system configuration.

• Uncheck the safe mode.

• Then restart the computer and check.
    Method 2

I recommend you to follow the article and check if it helps::

Password says The paramenter is incorrect.

Please get back to us with the updated status. WE will be happy to assist you further.

AmritaBhattacharjee1709, Apr 5, 2021
  3. Startup repair says "incorrect password" on password that works

Basically title. Every password i input in startup repair is incorrect, even though when i login to microsoft using the same acc it works.

AmazingAxe, Apr 5, 2021
  4. start up repair keeps saying incorrect password

Startup repair incorrect password

I hadnt used my laptop for a couple weeks. When i started it today my normal 4 digit passcode did not work and then said to contact an administrator. When I restarted it got stuck at “just a moment” so i restarted 3 times until i got recovery options. I
    tried system restore and startup repair BUT the problem is it keeps saying I am entering the wrong password. So i signed into my microsoft account on a different device and got in fine but my laptop keeps saying incorrect password. The last time i used the
    laptop it performed updates and shut down. What do I do?

RajanButtar, Apr 5, 2021
Thema:

start up repair keeps saying incorrect password

1. start up repair keeps saying incorrect password - Similar Threads - start repair keeps

2. I can't do anything in start up repair as it says "The password is incorrect"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't do anything in start up repair as it says "The password is incorrect": even though I have checked so many times and it works. However it just doesn't work on start up repairs, meaning my pc is stuck and it's inaccessible I can't launch it in safe mode as it instantly goes to automatic repair....
  3. I can't do anything in start up repair as it says "The password is incorrect"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't do anything in start up repair as it says "The password is incorrect": even though I have checked so many times and it works. However it just doesn't work on start up repairs, meaning my pc is stuck and it's inaccessible I can't launch it in safe mode as it instantly goes to automatic repair....
  4. I can't do anything in start up repair as it says "The password is incorrect"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. When i enter the password in the automatic repair it keeps saying incorrect password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    When i enter the password in the automatic repair it keeps saying incorrect password: Suddenly .my windows turns to automatic repair loop..and when i tried to restore it or doing anything to fix it. It requests password .when i enter password it keeps saying incorrect password While the password is correct .I hope someone can help...
  6. When i enter the password in the automatic repair it keeps saying incorrect password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When i enter the password in the automatic repair it keeps saying incorrect password: Suddenly .my windows turns to automatic repair loop..and when i tried to restore it or doing anything to fix it. It requests password .when i enter password it keeps saying incorrect password While the password is correct .I hope someone can help...
  7. When i enter the password in the automatic repair it keeps saying incorrect password

8. Trying to use windows start up repair but keeps saying my password is incorrect

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Trying to use windows start up repair but keeps saying my password is incorrect: Good day. Today I tried to log into windows on my pc. It just loads up to a black screen. I've reset my pc a few times to enable start up repair. When entering my Microsoft password on the start up repair page it says my password is incorrect. I've logged into my Microsoft...
  9. Trying to use windows start up repair but keeps saying my password is incorrect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to use windows start up repair but keeps saying my password is incorrect: Good day. Today I tried to log into windows on my pc. It just loads up to a black screen. I've reset my pc a few times to enable start up repair. When entering my Microsoft password on the start up repair page it says my password is incorrect. I've logged into my Microsoft...
  10. Trying to use windows start up repair but keeps saying my password is incorrect