Windows 10: start up repair loop

Discus and support start up repair loop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi there, I recently ran into a start up repair loop, looked at many ways to fix it but not had any success as of yet. My PC is a home build and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by samjukes, Apr 27, 2020.

1. samjukes Win User

start up repair loop

Hi there,

I recently ran into a start up repair loop, looked at many ways to fix it but not had any success as of yet.

My PC is a home build and I'm using windows 10. The last time I had a successful start up I authorised an update for windows, perhaps this was corrupted but I'm not sure.

I have tried to reset my PC since I have no restore point saved but I end up with the error screen every time saying no changes were made on all reset options.

I have tried using a windows 10 install usb and restoring my pc, I have also tried chkdsk in the command prompt.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

samjukes, Apr 27, 2020

2. Automatic Repair Loop

Hi Charlene,

Your concern regarding the device going into an Automatic Repair Loop can be caused by change on its settings/configuration or broken system files. To effectively assist you with your concern, can confirm if you've made any changes on your device prior to
    your concern?

As an initial step to get back into the normal Windows screen, we suggest that you perform a
    Startup repair. The repair will attempt to fix any broken components/files which may prevent your device from booting properly. To do this, follow the steps below:

• On theAutomatic Repair screen, select Advanced options.
    • Select Troubleshoot.
    • Select Advanced options.
    • Select Startup Repair.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Apr 27, 2020
  3. Windows 10 repair loop at start up

Hi Glenn,

We would like to ask a few questions in order for us to properly address your repair loop issue.

• Just to verify, did you recently upgraded to Windows from a later version of Windows? Or did you just install the latest updates in Windows?
    • What is the exact error message you are getting?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps before posting this concern? If yes, what are those?

Looking forward to your response.

Reymichael Ros, Apr 27, 2020
  4. David Haz Win User

start up repair loop

Windows 10 Repair Boot Loop

Hi Jed,

If your computer is stuck in a boot-loop state of Windows, it could mean that automatic repair isn't able to repair a corrupted or broken system file, but attempts to repair it over and over again. For us to assist you properly in resolving this boot-loop
    state, kindly respond to the questions below:

• Did the issue occur even after removing the USB wireless mouse?
    • Aside from running DISM, what other troubleshooting steps have you done? This is for us to know and to avoid any duplication of efforts on your end.

We look forward to your response.

David Haz, Apr 27, 2020
Thema:

start up repair loop

1. start up repair loop - Similar Threads - start repair loop

2. Can't restore laptop stuck in repair loop on start up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't restore laptop stuck in repair loop on start up: Hi, my laptop is stuck in the automatic repair loop, I've tried resetting and restore is coming up with no saved restore points, I have downloaded win 11 to a usb but on installation when asked what drive to install windows to my c: drive doesn't show up just the usb, any...
  3. Help I can't fix start-up repair loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help I can't fix start-up repair loop: Help I can't fix my problem start-up repair loop it is still stuck. I can't Reset my pc, I can't boot into safe mode, I can't system restore. I also did every tutorial on youtube and it still not fixed please help me....
  4. Help I can't fix start-up repair loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help I can't fix start-up repair loop: Help I can't fix my problem start-up repair loop it is still stuck. I can't Reset my pc, I can't boot into safe mode, I can't system restore. I also did every tutorial on youtube and it still not fixed please help me....
  5. Automatic repair start up loop - no memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic repair start up loop - no memory: HiyaI have tried so many threads to try and fix but nothing is working and I feel its due to not having storage but I don't know how to get around this Auto start stuck on a loop Have tried all advanced options and many command prompts. No restore points or previous versions...
  6. Automatic repair start up loop - no memory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatic repair start up loop - no memory: HiyaI have tried so many threads to try and fix but nothing is working and I feel its due to not having storage but I don't know how to get around this Auto start stuck on a loop Have tried all advanced options and many command prompts. No restore points or previous versions...
  7. Automatic repair start up loop - no memory

8. Windows 10 on an automatic repair loop on start up

Windows 10 on an automatic repair loop on start up: Windows 10 is on a automatic repair loop at start up nothing wo rks in advance options can not do anything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-on-an-automatic-repair-loop-on-start-up/f2822a72-cffa-4ac2-98a1-069e5d86060b
  9. Windows 10 stuck on "Automatic start up repair, repair failed" loop.

Windows 10 stuck on "Automatic start up repair, repair failed" loop.: Everything was working fine, but today when I started my pc, it automatically started "Start up repair", after few minutes, it failed with error "Automatic repair couldn't repair your pc" Screenshot(not my PC's, but this image looks exactly like the error in my case):...
  10. Laptop stuck in start up repair loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop stuck in start up repair loop: As soon as it restarts it does a "Preparing Automatic Repairs" then "Diagnosing your PC" then "Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to complete" It goes back to the start up screen, shows a bunch of numbers in the upper left part of the screen, then it repeats...