Windows 10: Start up repair

Discus and support Start up repair in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I accidentally clicked on a system registry folder when looking for a file on my surface station pc.When I restarted my computer it never showed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DaleRoberts3, Nov 30, 2021.

1. Start up repair

Hi, I accidentally clicked on a system registry folder when looking for a file on my surface station pc.When I restarted my computer it never showed windows, was thinking for 3 x weeks.I'm attempting the advice online regarding start-up repair and have entered the bitlock number but I don;t know the password code, as it seems to be different to my account code.Please help asap

:)

DaleRoberts3, Nov 30, 2021
  2. Kem Mon Win User

Windows won't start or repair

Hi,

This issue may occur due to a
    missing/corrupted system files. We suggest that you perform these methods
    of troubleshooting steps to fix this matter:

Method 1:
    Run SFC Scan.

To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.

This will check and run an auto-repair on the issue.

Method 2:
    Run DISM Tool.

After running the
    SFC scan
    and the issue still persist, run the
    DISM
    to check the system health and to try restoring the files. To run
    DISM tool, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.

• Type the following command:

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /scanhealth

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

NOTE:
    This might take a while to finish scanning.
    Do not cancel.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Nov 30, 2021
  3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Nov 30, 2021
  4. Milennin Win User

Start up repair

Scanning and repairing drive on every start-up

Recently, I had a start-up error with the "Reboot and select proper Boot device" message. I fixed it by unplugging and then plugging back in my drives, but since then it has been slow with starting up Windows, attempting to scan and repair an unknown drive before the login screen.

I need help to figure out which disk it is referring to and how to get rid of the scan and repair thing on start-up.

Windows Version Number: 1903 (OS Build 18362.900)

(Link to the previous thread: Scanning and repairing drive on every start-up
    Tried the things listed there, but couldn't get much further. Was suggested to start this new thread...)

Milennin, Nov 30, 2021
Thema:

Start up repair

1. Start up repair - Similar Threads - Start repair

2. My laptop won’t start up. “preparing Automatic Repair” or STOPCODE esif_if.sys or...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop won’t start up. “preparing Automatic Repair” or STOPCODE esif_if.sys or...: I am running Windows 10, my laptop froze and rebooted into Stop Code. I’ve tried SFC scans that don’t work. I’ve tried resetting the PC, it won’t allow me to. I’ve tried various CMD prompts given in previous QnAs on Microsoft. Most of them can’t run. I’ve tried leaving my PC...
  3. My laptop won’t start up. “preparing Automatic Repair” or STOPCODE esif_if.sys or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop won’t start up. “preparing Automatic Repair” or STOPCODE esif_if.sys or...: I am running Windows 10, my laptop froze and rebooted into Stop Code. I’ve tried SFC scans that don’t work. I’ve tried resetting the PC, it won’t allow me to. I’ve tried various CMD prompts given in previous QnAs on Microsoft. Most of them can’t run. I’ve tried leaving my PC...
  4. My laptop won’t start up. “preparing Automatic Repair” or STOPCODE esif_if.sys or...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Start up cannot repair your PC problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start up cannot repair your PC problem: Hello sir i am in deep problem . I was going to reset my laptop from settings reset my pc then it told me Reset this PC Keep my files option "There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made." And then i entered in deep problem then my laptop cannot re open it...
  6. Start up cannot repair your PC problem

Start up cannot repair your PC problem: Hello sir i am in deep problem . I was going to reset my laptop from settings reset my pc then it told me Reset this PC Keep my files option "There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made." And then i entered in deep problem then my laptop cannot re open it...
  7. Windows 10 Start-up Repair: Password for my MS Account not being accepted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Start-up Repair: Password for my MS Account not being accepted: Hi there,Windows 10 doesn't start up anymore. Therefore I started that procedure for Start-up Repair 3 times hard reset to remove latest updates which obviously cause this trouble. I perfectly got there to the Start-up Repair screen and my Microsoft User account also shows up...
  8. Windows 10 Start-up Repair: Password for my MS Account not being accepted

Windows 10 Start-up Repair: Password for my MS Account not being accepted: Hi there,Windows 10 doesn't start up anymore. Therefore I started that procedure for Start-up Repair 3 times hard reset to remove latest updates which obviously cause this trouble. I perfectly got there to the Start-up Repair screen and my Microsoft User account also shows up...
  9. Windows 10 Start-up Repair: Password for my MS Account not being accepted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. I am stuck on automatic repair page how to start my pc normally?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I am stuck on automatic repair page how to start my pc normally?: After starting it says automatic repair system and shows key pad style I selected US after that it gives me only two options troubleshoot and turn off your pc and in troubleshoot i tried start up repair it says it can not be repaired i tried system restore it says turn off...