Windows 10: Start Up Screen Photos

Discus and support Start Up Screen Photos in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I'm running the latest version of Windows 10 and every time I start my computer, I get a wallpaper of which Microsoft will ask if I like it, or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Dave Off, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Dave Off Win User

Start Up Screen Photos

Hi,

I'm running the latest version of Windows 10 and every time I start my computer, I get a wallpaper of which Microsoft will ask if I like it, or don't. I prefer geographical nature wallpaper so every time I click "I like it", I expect more of the same to follow, just as it says in the pop up window. However, Microsoft gave me mountains which I like, then the next time they gave me a big cat??? I don't prefer these pictures so I click on "I don't like it" So they send another one of trees, which I like. I click "I like it" and Microsoft again informs me that they will send more of the same. Then I get an architectural designed house ??? This has gone on now through hundreds of pictures. It seems that although Microsoft claim to send me more of the same photo type I like, in reality, they are going to continue to send every photo that was ever taken. Microsoft tell me in their pop up that if I click on the photo I like, they will continue to send like for like photos. Well why don't they just do it and stop asking me if I like every photo. Otherwise what is the point, as I will never get to just geographical nature whilst I am sent photos of a Scooty Puff junior scooter, two wombats and an upside down house. I know the whole feature can be switched off, but it is a good feature to have on start up. I also know that I am not going to like every photo but that is tough. Just send like photos and switch off the process of whether I like it or not. Any guidance on how to get just the pictures I like would be appreciated.

:)

Dave Off, Apr 4, 2020

2. photos on desktop start screen

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I will certainly help you with this.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Are you viewing photos in Photo app or Photo app tile on start screen?
    • Have you syncing the iPhone photos with OneDrive?

If you have sync the iPhone photos with the OneDrive, then this may be the cause for the photos on Photos app. As the photos in Photos app are also integrated with connected OneDrive account. To search the path for the source in Photos app, kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Open Photo app from the Start menu.
    • Click on the Setting (gear) button in lower left corner.
    • Find the source path under Source section in right pane.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Apr 4, 2020
  3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Start Up Screen Photos :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Apr 4, 2020
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Start Up Screen Photos

Lock screen photo

Hi,

To change the
    lock screen photo, follow these steps:

• Go to
      Settings.

• Choose
      Personalization.

• On the left side of the screen, click on
      Lock screen.

• In the
      Background, change it to
      Picture.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Apr 4, 2020
Thema:

Start Up Screen Photos

1. Start Up Screen Photos - Similar Threads - Start Screen Photos

2. Start up screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Start up screen: Can I get rid of the start up screen and the sign in screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-up-screen/27c80b5b-0583-4dbf-af08-c5e1d637ce0e
  3. Photos upon start-up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Photos upon start-up: When I start my computer I get these great pictures displayed on my monitor. I want to know where they were taken, what they are so I can go learn more about the place. Is there some way to find that out?...
  4. Start-up Photo

Start-up Photo: I love the photos that come up when I power on my computer. Until a few days ago a small icon appeared in the upper right corner of the screen asking ,"Like what you see?" When I clicked on it, I was able to see the location of the photo and give feedback. That icon and...
  5. start up screen

start up screen: start up screen has an owl its a bad omen to my people how do i change it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-up-screen/72d059db-8965-489a-aae1-b614bd0ff1e7
  6. Start up screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Start up screen: I recently reset a laptop running windows 10. I wiped everything. When I went on to the start up/ login screen, I was met with defaultuser1 and Other user. Ive tried logging in with my account onto the "other user" and I've had no luck. I am sure my details are correctWhat...
  7. Start up screen

Start up screen: All of a sudden my screen start up changed and now I have pop ups and "Bing" opens at the same time. **** Did look like this: [ATTACH] Now looks like this.....? [ATTACH] Thanks for the help, John...
  8. Start up Photos

Start up Photos: I realize the start up photos are random and Microsoft might not feel this is "OK" But I think a few photos of the Amazon fires would not hurt and might open peoples eyes as to the gravity of the situation. This is something beyond personal opinions it is our planet and...
  9. Start up photos

Start up photos: When my computer starts up it always shows a nice photo that usually changes nearly every month but you never know where the photo was taken. Would it be possible to put a description of where the photo was taken on the photo, as often I would like to know so I can go and...
  10. Start-up screen

Start-up screen: A start-up screen wastes time by filling up with program icons that I do not want. How do I get rid of this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/start-up-screen/0e0e8efa-41d5-4dc7-81fe-c48add885755