Windows 10: Start Up Screen taken over by weird HUGE FONTS

Discus and support Start Up Screen taken over by weird HUGE FONTS in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Start-up screen shows the following after login to Window. When bottom-left corner is clicked, a narrator menu shows. Try Ctrl-Alt-Delete to reboot but... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Katherine W, Apr 26, 2020.

1. Start Up Screen taken over by weird HUGE FONTS

Start-up screen shows the following after login to Window. When bottom-left corner is clicked, a narrator menu shows. Try Ctrl-Alt-Delete to reboot but the same thing shows. Cannot restart in Safe Mode. No way to escape from this screen. Please help. Start Up Screen taken over by weird HUGE FONTS 4352db69-bdb2-4d6d-a344-334078a4a286?upload=true.jpg Start Up Screen taken over by weird HUGE FONTS e94500cb-1d14-4a15-a4b1-c16338d0eebf?upload=true.jpg

:)

Katherine W, Apr 26, 2020
  2. NeoSOS Win User

Fonts

Hello,

I found these steps in this forum from back in 2010:

Step 1:

I would suggest you to try these steps and check whether it helps in fixing your issue.

Open font settings by clicking on start, click on control panel, and then click on appearance and personalization, under fonts click on change font settings. And select the font size.

Step 2:

If you’re trying to change windows font size then please follow the steps below:

To change Windows fonts

1. Open Appearance Settings by clicking the Start button and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type window color, and then click Change window colors and
    metrics

2. In the Item list, click the part of Windows that you want to change the font for. For example, if you want to change the menu font, click Menu in the list. Then, make any of the following changes:

· In the Font list, click the font that you want to use.

· In the Size list, click the font size that you want.

· In the Color list, click the font color that you want.

3. Repeat these steps for each item that you want to make changes to, and then click OK.

Does that help?

NeoSOS, Apr 26, 2020
  3. FONTS

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the instruction provided below and check.

Step 1:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Right click and click on install.
    • Check if you are able to view the fonts in documents.
    Or

Step 2:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Open Control Panel.
    • Click on fonts.
    • Now, drag and drop the downloaded fonts in the font’s folder.

Hope this information helps. If you have any queries, let us know. Will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Apr 26, 2020
  4. Start Up Screen taken over by weird HUGE FONTS

fonts

Hi,

For clarification regarding your smooth fonts in Windows, we would like to know if you are referring to the
    Smooth edges of screen fonts option in Windows 10. If yes, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to select it:

• Type-in advanced in the search box, and click View advanced system settings on the list.
    • As the System Properties window shows up, tap Settings in Performance.
    • Select Smooth edges of screen fonts, and hit OK.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Apr 26, 2020
Thema:

Start Up Screen taken over by weird HUGE FONTS

1. Start Up Screen taken over by weird HUGE FONTS - Similar Threads - Start Screen taken

2. Weird glitchy screen at start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird glitchy screen at start up: My laptop was just working fine a few minutes ago. I've gone down stairs to pick up some snacks, but when i came back, my laptop's screen was black, and the imagine wouldn't came back no matter what i do. I tried restarting it a few times. It actually booted up normally once,...
  3. Weird glitchy screen at start up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird glitchy screen at start up: My laptop was just working fine a few minutes ago. I've gone down stairs to pick up some snacks, but when i came back, my laptop's screen was black, and the imagine wouldn't came back no matter what i do. I tried restarting it a few times. It actually booted up normally once,...
  4. Weird glitchy screen at start up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. taken over

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    taken over: Somehow, someone, has used a developer app to allow windows 10 to make changes to my chrome book android with no windows version remotely. I cannot save files, they get deleted remotely from my chrome files regardless of where or how I save them. My emails are being...
  6. Account Taken Over

in Windows 10 Customization
    Account Taken Over: Daughter's account somehow took over my main account on my PC? Tried to get help fixing but they said I couldn't change it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-taken-over/0fffddda-61de-4454-a800-7a4df696a072
  7. huge font size

huge font size: The font size on my computer is all of a sudden huge. I need help to get it back to normal. Can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/huge-font-size/5e454194-9d60-46fd-9989-0922217bb5ff
  8. Why is Screen going to huge font when opening a PDF - just started?

Why is Screen going to huge font when opening a PDF - just started?: When opening a document PDF on dual screens, my screen 1 goes weird - very large icons and font, so much so that it no longer fits the screen, while the document opens fine on screen 2 - and all other open pages are fine on screen 2. When it is in this state I have gone into...
  9. Weird start screen

Weird start screen: An issue I had with my Surface 3 every now and then returns on my Surface Pro 5. See this screen shot: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ammc1nHNS73khb9NiNm13ILiXtS_rQ The issue in this is obviously not the erased parts, I did that myself for privacy purposes. The issue is all the tiles...
  10. Weird Font Issue - Mouse Overs

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird Font Issue - Mouse Overs: I just set up a new Surface Book for a user, running Windows 10 Pro x64. Everything seems fine on the native display. I have him using the Surface Dock and two Dell 24" monitors. Everything looks great on these monitors except the mouse-over popups, such as mousing over a...