Windows 10: start up sound not changing

Discus and support start up sound not changing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Ive wanted my computer for the longest time to have jarvis speak when the computer shuts on/off. Ive followed many sugestions with all the same way on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by christesoriero, Jun 21, 2019.

1. start up sound not changing

Ive wanted my computer for the longest time to have jarvis speak when the computer shuts on/off. Ive followed many sugestions with all the same way on how to do it and it dose not seam to change it still plays the default sound.

:)

christesoriero, Jun 21, 2019
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue start up sound not changing :p

cadaveca, Jun 21, 2019
  3. windows 10 start and exit sounds

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on windows 10.

I understand your concern and will help you with the issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the windows start up sound.

• Type sounds
      in the control panel.

• Click on sounds.

• Under program events ,under
      windows just click windows logon.

• Enable play start up sounds.

• From speech
      select the sound for windows logon.

• Click on apply.

• Click ok.
    Method 2

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the windows log off sound.

• Type sounds in the
      control panel.

• Click on sounds.

• Under program events ,under
      windows just click windows logoff.

• From speech select the sound for
      windows logoff.

• Click on apply.

• Click ok.
    If windows logon and logoff options are not available,then in that case you just need to

• Enable play start up sounds.to get the windows start up sound .And by default there will be single sound available for windows logon sound.

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

AmritaBhattacharjee1709, Jun 21, 2019
  4. fireberd Win User

start up sound not changing

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Jun 21, 2019
Thema:

start up sound not changing

1. start up sound not changing - Similar Threads - start sound changing

2. cannot change windows start up sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    cannot change windows start up sound: Hello, I was trying to change Windows 10 start up sound using this guide https://helpdeskgeek.com/windows-10/how-to-change-the-windows-10-startup-sound/and when I got to the part where you select the program event to change the sound, I couldn't find one that says windows...
  3. Why is start-up sound a checkbox?

Why is start-up sound a checkbox?: See this screenshot. Why is Windows Start-up sound a checkbox, instead of being in the list like all other sounds? I remember it was like that back in the day, when a computer going bleep-bloop was cool and interesting. Why has specifically that one sound been moved to a...
  4. Windows 10 Start-up sound

Windows 10 Start-up sound: Can the windows 10 Start-up sound be modified. I tried almost everything but still playing the original sound, I can only turn it ON or OFF. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-start-up-sound/229925da-feab-413b-9215-e3889355aadc
  5. Custom start up sound??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Custom start up sound??: Is there no way to add a custom start up sound in windows 10 I've tried a few tutorials and nothing happens submitted by /u/autoconprime [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k6duje/custom_start_up_sound/
  6. Windows 10 start up sound

Windows 10 start up sound: Windows 10 start up sound comes and goes. It had been off for weeks. Then when the Tuesday updates were installed on Sep 13, the startup sound was active for the first startup. Then it has been quiet ever since. Please don't suggest changing registry or activating the...
  7. Sound change pop up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound change pop up: there is always this giant pop up whenever i go to change the sound. How can i turn this off.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-change-pop-up/33060786-8b19-47ea-8caf-3b92e73803bf
  8. Sound not Starting Up Properly on Boot-Up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound not Starting Up Properly on Boot-Up: Hello everyone, Back in late November I updated my parents' computer to Windows 10 Home October 2018 update. A few months later, my parents told me they were having a re-occurring sound issue with the system. It started with the update, but they never bothered to tell me....
  9. Windows 10 start up sound

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 start up sound: Windows 10 Pro play sound at startup is checked but the select a sound option is grayed out 15898
  10. Start-up sound missing **RESOLVED**

in Windows 10 Support
    Start-up sound missing **RESOLVED**: Start up sound has been restored via Windows Update KB3081424. 9881