Windows 10: Start-up sound won't play on startup, because the computer defaults to my gaming headset...

Discus and support Start-up sound won't play on startup, because the computer defaults to my gaming headset... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I recently downloaded the windows 98 wake-up chime and a program called windows startup sound changer so I could hear that awesome sound effect... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/LEGITAMATE_DUST, Mar 10, 2021.

1. Start-up sound won't play on startup, because the computer defaults to my gaming headset...

So I recently downloaded the windows 98 wake-up chime and a program called windows startup sound changer so I could hear that awesome sound effect every time I start my awesome pc. but it doesn't work because it almost never starts with the audio driver that signals my external speakers, rather, it just decided to either try to play through my razer naris "which are almost never powered on, let alone on my head when I start up my computer in the morning" or it plays through my Tv's pitiful 5-watt speakers making the once back tingling roar of windows 98 sound like its playing through a Gameboy.

Possible Fixes:

A setting that makes my computer default to a sound driver of my choice regardless of what cables are plugged or not

Or a program that does the same thing.

-Thanks -Legit

submitted by /u/LEGITAMATE_DUST
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/LEGITAMATE_DUST, Mar 10, 2021
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Start-up sound won't play on startup, because the computer defaults to my gaming headset... :p

cadaveca, Mar 10, 2021
  3. Headset not playing sounds after mute and unmute

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

Before we proceed, I would like you to answer the following question:

• Did you connect your headset to any other device and check if the issue re-occurs?
    I suggest you to set your headset as default and check.To do so, please follow the steps below:

• Type sound in the search bar.

• Right click on
      headset/microphone
      , click on default.
    If issue persists,

As you said with other headset it is working fine,so,the issue might occur with your headset only.

In that case, I recommend you to contact the headset support.

You can also refer this article

Fix sound problems in Windows 10

Please get back to us with the updated status. WE will be happy to assist you further.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Mar 10, 2021
  4. Start-up sound won't play on startup, because the computer defaults to my gaming headset...

microsoft store games won`t play

when I download a game from the Microsoft store it won`t play

the splash screen appears then goes

I have a core i5 with an nvidivia graphics card I tb hdd and 8 gb ram

I have tried the diagnostic for microsoft store and it say cache may need fixing.

garrywilliams1, Mar 10, 2021
Thema:

Start-up sound won't play on startup, because the computer defaults to my gaming headset...

1. Start-up sound won't play on startup, because the computer defaults to my gaming headset... - Similar Threads - Start sound won't

2. My computer won't play sounds anymore!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer won't play sounds anymore!: I was doing something and I couldn't hear anything! Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-wont-play-sounds-anymore/774d9720-e931-4fd7-93fb-159870324338
  3. My computer won't play sounds anymore!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer won't play sounds anymore!: I was doing something and I couldn't hear anything! Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-wont-play-sounds-anymore/774d9720-e931-4fd7-93fb-159870324338
  4. Windows Startup Sound not playing after changing it; Plays default startup sound instead of...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Startup Sound not playing after changing it; Plays default startup sound instead of...: HiI have an issue with startup sound..Windows startup sound. I wanted to change the windows startup sound, so changed it with the new one. But after restarting to hear the sound, I still get the old windows startup sound..I tried several times to change and fix it, but still,...
  5. Windows Startup Sound not playing after changing it; Plays default startup sound instead of...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Startup Sound not playing after changing it; Plays default startup sound instead of...: HiI have an issue with startup sound..Windows startup sound. I wanted to change the windows startup sound, so changed it with the new one. But after restarting to hear the sound, I still get the old windows startup sound..I tried several times to change and fix it, but still,...
  6. Windows Startup Sound not playing after changing it; Plays default startup sound instead of...

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Startup and Shutdown Sounds Won't Play Properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Startup and Shutdown Sounds Won't Play Properly: Hey all, I'm not really sure where on these forums to ask this question, but I need a bit of help. Is anyone here familiar with Winaero Tweaker? I recently discovered this utility and found that there is an option to set a custom startup sound for Windows 10 (version 1909)....
  8. My computer won't start up.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My computer won't start up.: Help. I'm going nuts. I can usually figure things out but I'm stuck. It's a Dell Latitude E6400. It wasn't plugged in so I got a message on screen saying I was low on power and I plugged it back in but it still said lock or hibernate or both...it happened so fast. Hours later...
  9. Sound won't play out of my headset

Sound won't play out of my headset: I've tried all the guides I could find on this website but nothing works because my computer just doesn't seem to even realize my headset is plugged in. I've tried this with multiple headphones and headsets and my computer shows that the Mic in all of them is connected but...
  10. My Speakers & Headset Is Playing Sound

My Speakers & Headset Is Playing Sound: Hi, I have been roaming around the Microsoft forums and i have not found my problem at all. People have asked this question, and i have done everything they say, and nothing works I have a Windows 10 Laptop from about 2017 (Still under warranty till 27th of December,...