Windows 10: Start-up using power button

Discus and support Start-up using power button in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows 10. I have an external monitor for my laptop. How can I start-up the laptop (external monitor only) with the power button while keeping the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HighPockets48, Dec 28, 2018.

1. Start-up using power button

Windows 10. I have an external monitor for my laptop. How can I start-up the laptop (external monitor only) with the power button while keeping the laptop screen closed?

:)

HighPockets48, Dec 28, 2018

2. Start Button displaying but not working

The start button was working until there was a forced reboot (power failure). Then left click (normal click) over the start button does absolutely nothing. Right click brings up a menu but "programs" and also "settings" are missing and not included on this list. Search or Task View buttons do not work either with "normal" click. Does anyone have any suggestion or fixes?
    Thank you in advance *Huh
    Sue

suejbakula, Dec 28, 2018
  3. Only the Power Button Wakes PC from Sleep - Laptop

• Open the Keyboard control panel item by typing keyboard into Start Menu.
    • Click the Hardware tab, and then click Properties.
    • Click the Change Settings button

Note: This step requires Administrator access
    • Click the Power Management tab, and then verify that the Allow this device to wake the computer is enabled.
    • Click OK, and then click OK again.

FreeBooter, Dec 28, 2018
  4. OOOO Win User

Start-up using power button

How to disable "5 seconds power button shut off" on a laptop?

I does not suggest you to do this, if you insist on this, try the following steps.

1. Open Control Panel
    2. Find and click System and Security
    3. Find and click Power Options
    4. On the left hand, you will see Choose what the power button does and click it
    5. Click Change settings that are currently unavailable to be able to change the settings
    6. In When I press the power button, you can choose Do nothing

Start-up using power button SQHnd.png

Hope this can help you.

Thema:

Start-up using power button

1. Start-up using power button - Similar Threads - Start using power

2. blinking power button and slow start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    blinking power button and slow start up: So when ever im done using my laptop and i close the lid and then whenever i open back up the screen is black and all i see that the power button is blinking and then i hold the power button it powers back on like normal, but the start up is very slow than before. if there is...
  3. blinking power button and slow start up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    blinking power button and slow start up: So when ever im done using my laptop and i close the lid and then whenever i open back up the screen is black and all i see that the power button is blinking and then i hold the power button it powers back on like normal, but the start up is very slow than before. if there is...
  4. power button on starting

power button on starting: i am click on power button but not started my computer this is less time consume https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-button-on-starting/6f5d4176-2479-43b7-8885-8ca568e25338
  5. power button on starting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    power button on starting: i am click on power button but not started my computer this is less time consume https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-button-on-starting/6f5d4176-2479-43b7-8885-8ca568e25338
  6. How do i use the power "button" in the start menu?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i use the power "button" in the start menu?: No i did not just catfish you. Im in the middle of a VERY F*&ing important work meeting for work.. MY GOD DAMN JOB depends on this meeting. and my Internet ethernet port stopped working on my dock my other computers have a working internet connection ... so I need to REBOOT...
  7. How do i use the power "button" in the start menu?

How do i use the power "button" in the start menu?: No i did not just catfish you. Im in the middle of a VERY F*&ing important work meeting for work.. MY GOD DAMN JOB depends on this meeting. and my Internet ethernet port stopped working on my dock my other computers have a working internet connection ... so I need to REBOOT...
  8. How do i use the power "button" in the start menu?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. Flashing power button/not powering up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Flashing power button/not powering up: Hi I have a lenovo yoga laptop and for the past few days it wont turn on even though it is fully charged. Whenever I press the on button it starts to flash and the screen is black and i cant hear it starting up . Please help my computer has a lot of important files for...
  10. Wake up computer without using Power Button

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Wake up computer without using Power Button: I have a new laptop with Windows 10 and use a second monitor. The laptop remains closed on a tray under my desk. Is there a way to wake up the computer without using the Power Button?...