Windows 10: Start up when opening the lid

Discus and support Start up when opening the lid in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My Windows 10 laptop has worked wonderfully until recently. Whenever I open the lid, it used to restart instantly. Now--nothing. I have to turn on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by CarolK-2020, Dec 3, 2020.

1. Start up when opening the lid

My Windows 10 laptop has worked wonderfully until recently. Whenever I open the lid, it used to restart instantly. Now--nothing. I have to turn on the power button and wait for it to reboot. What has changed? How do I fix this? The only info I can find is regarding powering down and out--what happens when you close the lid, not vice versa.

Thanks.

:)

CarolK-2020, Dec 3, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Dec 3, 2020
  3. Lenovo Z51 lid opening

Hello !

I`m having problems with the lid of my laptop.

So what happens is that during the day when the laptop is in my bag or luggage during flights, the lid slightly opens and close. Apparently this is enough for the system to start and load. It causes a complete battery lose in a very short time.

What I thought to be a solution is to ask my laptop to do nothing when the lid opens, just wait for a power button push.

I have been trying to solve this through the battery settings of the system but it seems like nothing works.

So for example in the advanced settings, there is power button lid, and when I ask it to do nothing it still turns on when I slightly open the lid.

I have windows 10.

Any suggestions??

Yair

יאירשמר, Dec 3, 2020
  4. Start up when opening the lid

Laptop Automatically Turns On when Openning Lid after SHUTDOWN

Hello Ali,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand your concern in this regard.

What is the make and model of your device?

Is it really going to Shutdown state?

Opening a Lid will make PC to wake it from Sleep Mode. I guess the same is happening in your situation. It might be going to sleep mode and opening Lid brings it back from the sleep. Why because, when system goes to complete shutdown, then it won't turn
    on automatically when you open the Lid, until unless you press Power button.

Suggest you to cross the same with the Power options. To go to power options, press Start, type
    Power Options into the search space and select the same from the list.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Dec 3, 2020
Thema:

Start up when opening the lid

1. Start up when opening the lid - Similar Threads - Start opening lid

2. pc trouble when opening the lid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc trouble when opening the lid: when i close my lid then re-open it , my pc completely shuts down / sleep and i have to wait for it to turn on again , i tried hibernate mode and it still requires waiting for the logo etc till the lockscreen / sign in page shows up eng isnt my first language idk how to...
  3. pc trouble when opening the lid

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pc trouble when opening the lid: when i close my lid then re-open it , my pc completely shuts down / sleep and i have to wait for it to turn on again , i tried hibernate mode and it still requires waiting for the logo etc till the lockscreen / sign in page shows up eng isnt my first language idk how to...
  4. how to wake up computer when opening lid windows 11

how to wake up computer when opening lid windows 11: I have a new Acer Swift 1 with Windows 11. Everything is great except when I shut the lid and reopen the keyboard lights up but the screen is blank. I have tried looking at change power options etc but i can't find anywhere in the control panel to allow the screen to ping...
  5. Black screen when opening lid of laptop back up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen when opening lid of laptop back up: So I've Seen This In A Post From 2019 Those Methods Don't Work For Me Anymore I Have An Alienware m17 R3 And It Seems Only After I Leave The Lid For 10 + Minutes ? It Seems To Not Come Back On And I Have To Hold Down The Power Button Which Is Still On And I Can Hear...
  6. Black screen when opening lid of laptop back up

Black screen when opening lid of laptop back up: So I've Seen This In A Post From 2019 Those Methods Don't Work For Me Anymore I Have An Alienware m17 R3 And It Seems Only After I Leave The Lid For 10 + Minutes ? It Seems To Not Come Back On And I Have To Hold Down The Power Button Which Is Still On And I Can Hear...
  7. Prevent windows from starting when I open the lid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Prevent windows from starting when I open the lid: My Dell laptop always automatically booting when I open the lid and it is quite annoying. I was told to use command prompt to reveal the hidden option in the Power Options panel but it did not work. Is there an another way to turn this function off?Spec:Device name Laptop...
  8. Prevent windows from starting when I open the lid

Prevent windows from starting when I open the lid: My Dell laptop always automatically booting when I open the lid and it is quite annoying. I was told to use command prompt to reveal the hidden option in the Power Options panel but it did not work. Is there an another way to turn this function off?Spec:Device name Laptop...
  9. Problem with Open Lid power up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Problem with Open Lid power up: I have a Lenovo laptop that I recently purchased. I turn off the power and close the lid. When I open the lid it powers up and I don't want it to. I have gone into power settings and then system settings to change what opening the lid does to "do nothing". I then pressed...
  10. No sleep/standby when lid is open wakes up immediately

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    No sleep/standby when lid is open wakes up immediately: My notebook is a Lenovo Z710 running Windows 10 2004. The problem is as follows: If I put the system to standby mode start menu / power symbol / standby and the lid is open, it wakes up immediately. Just to clarify: This happens without touching the lid. As long as the...