Windows 10: Start Up

Discus and support Start Up in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm wanting to keep a program from starting when I boot up. Namely Oculus. How can I accomplish this? 99480 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nementh, Dec 2, 2017.

1. Nementh Win User

Start Up

I'm wanting to keep a program from starting when I boot up. Namely Oculus. How can I accomplish this?

:)

Nementh, Dec 2, 2017

2. Display issues

Didn't help Start Up :(

start - now, Dec 2, 2017
  3. Display issues

Has anyone ever encountered such a problem?

The windows become small and the text is smeared each other..

Start Up [​IMG]

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

start - now, Dec 2, 2017
  4. Start Up

Hi Nementh.

First place to check is settings within program. Sometimes right clicking an icon in systray will give you options.

If that doesn't pan out then open Task Manager, CRTL+ALT+DEL, then click on Startup tab. If start up tab not visible click on show more details, lower left corner. You should see a list of Start up item. Please know what you are disabling in Startup, sometimes they aren't obvious.

If that fails you could use Autoruns from sysinternals.com

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/sys...loads/autoruns

Ken

Caledon Ken, Dec 2, 2017
  5. Nementh Win User
    Caledon, Thanks the autoruns program worked.

Nementh, Dec 2, 2017
  6. Great. Those sysinternals tool are great and you can't argue with pricing.

Caledon Ken, Dec 2, 2017
  7. Barman58 Win User
    Also remember that all of the Sysinternals tools come with a fully detailed User Manual/Guide.

Now this is not the most exciting read in the world, but with the extreme power of these tools and their ability to cause serious damage to a systems software if used incorrectly I do suggest you read at least the basics and warnings

Autoruns Can for example delete startup items completely, but as this is a one time option you are better off unchecking the box next to the entry, which can be rechecked later if the change causes issues, and running the system for a short while before going back in to permanently delete an item. - this can also be interesting to see which items reappear, and may need an edit or two to the task scheduler to tame fully

I would also advise that you keep a small notepad to record the changes you have performed as if some change needs reversing in a years time the notes will be very useful.

The other thing to remember is the change one thing at a time and reboot the system before you look to change another, Yes this increases the time taken to finish a task, but a complete reinstall of the operating system Programs and data can take considerably longer *Wink

Barman58, Dec 2, 2017
  8. Nementh Win User

Start Up

Yeah, I'm going to have to read the manual. After I deleted Oculus from startup, I couldn't get it to run at all had re initiate it in autorun. Just need to read I guess.

Nementh, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Start Up

1. Start Up - Similar Threads - Start

2. Apps close in a few seconds after starting the computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps close in a few seconds after starting the computer: Whatever I open after starting the computer the apps will shut down in a few seconds. I've tried Edge. Chrome and some other games, the results are all the same. It seems like whatever I run in a few minutes after starting windows have the same issue.Restarting the computer...
  3. Apps close in a few seconds after starting the computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps close in a few seconds after starting the computer: Whatever I open after starting the computer the apps will shut down in a few seconds. I've tried Edge. Chrome and some other games, the results are all the same. It seems like whatever I run in a few minutes after starting windows have the same issue.Restarting the computer...
  4. How can I fix the sound in video playback so it does not start muted?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I fix the sound in video playback so it does not start muted?: I am trying to view videos on CompTIA Testout PC Pro site. For some reason, I start the videos and they are muted. In order to unmute, I have to rightclick on the video while it is playing to show controls, then adjust the volume. I then can hear the video. This happens on...
  5. How can I fix the sound in video playback so it does not start muted?

How can I fix the sound in video playback so it does not start muted?: I am trying to view videos on CompTIA Testout PC Pro site. For some reason, I start the videos and they are muted. In order to unmute, I have to rightclick on the video while it is playing to show controls, then adjust the volume. I then can hear the video. This happens on...
  6. Why when I start up windows the taskbar is not visible?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why when I start up windows the taskbar is not visible?: For a minute or more I have to wait untill the taskbar pops up I can't even open edge. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-when-i-start-up-windows-the-taskbar-is-not/0336ebca-5066-467a-aa89-28a1a054b5a8
  7. Why when I start up windows the taskbar is not visible?

Why when I start up windows the taskbar is not visible?: For a minute or more I have to wait untill the taskbar pops up I can't even open edge. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-when-i-start-up-windows-the-taskbar-is-not/0336ebca-5066-467a-aa89-28a1a054b5a8
  8. evoo laptop starts in American mega trends and asking for password can't pass this starting...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    evoo laptop starts in American mega trends and asking for password can't pass this starting...: evoo laptop starts in American mega trends and keep asking the password. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/evoo-laptop-starts-in-american-mega-trends-and/43371f2f-1303-49a2-91a7-15f4b5b7730a
  9. evoo laptop starts in American mega trends and asking for password can't pass this starting...

evoo laptop starts in American mega trends and asking for password can't pass this starting...: evoo laptop starts in American mega trends and keep asking the password. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/evoo-laptop-starts-in-american-mega-trends-and/43371f2f-1303-49a2-91a7-15f4b5b7730a
  10. evoo laptop starts in American mega trends and asking for password can't pass this starting...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade