Windows 10: Start View

Discus and support Start View in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows 10's Start Menu occupies a large portion of the desktop when opened. How do I make the Start Menu smaller? A tip on how to reduce the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by martian, Sep 19, 2016.

1. martian Win User

Start View

Windows 10's Start Menu occupies a large
    portion of the desktop when opened.

How do I make the Start Menu smaller?

A tip on how to reduce the width is most welcome.

TIA for anyone who helps.

Attachment 102315

:)

martian, Sep 19, 2016

2. tile view instead of desktop view

From Action center , turn off Tablet mode

leopard_jumps, Sep 19, 2016
  3. tile view instead of desktop view

I just installed Windows 10. I am tired of the desktop view, but my computer defaults to that. I just want to see the tiles view, and perhaps recently used items, when I log in.

Can I change the default to tiles view? Every idea I've found online leads me astray. It's like it is for a different program.

Thank you!

MichaelWolf_922, Sep 19, 2016
  4. Bree New Member

Start View

You obviously don't like tiles (seems you've removed most of them). I don't think it's possible to remove the 'tiles' area (make it larger, yes).

If you don't like Windows 10's Start menu then you're in good company. @dalchina doesn't either, and recommends the Classic Shell instead. See s screenshot here:
    https://www.tenforums.com/drivers-har...tml#post817356

Thema:

Start View

1. Start View - Similar Threads - Start View

2. They are trying it AGAIN! Now no options to view news articles without using the ms start...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    They are trying it AGAIN! Now no options to view news articles without using the ms start...: They are trying it AGAIN! Now just started today 01/29/22024, no options to view news articles without using the ms start app. So tired of this. What options do we have? I don't want to use the ms start app!...
  3. They are trying it AGAIN! Now no options to view news articles without using the ms start...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    They are trying it AGAIN! Now no options to view news articles without using the ms start...: They are trying it AGAIN! Now just started today 01/29/22024, no options to view news articles without using the ms start app. So tired of this. What options do we have? I don't want to use the ms start app!...
  4. Unable to View App Icons in Start Menu and Search!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to View App Icons in Start Menu and Search!: Hey there!Since I installed the latest Windows 10 Update, No app icons are showing on Start Menu and Search!Please help with this issue... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-view-app-icons-in-start-menu-and-search/16641f24-688f-4842-b0ce-1006ef1e0254
  5. Unable to View App Icons in Start Menu and Search!

Unable to View App Icons in Start Menu and Search!: Hey there!Since I installed the latest Windows 10 Update, No app icons are showing on Start Menu and Search!Please help with this issue... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-view-app-icons-in-start-menu-and-search/16641f24-688f-4842-b0ce-1006ef1e0254
  6. Unable to View App Icons in Start Menu and Search!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Is there a way to view all apps in the start menu with one click?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to view all apps in the start menu with one click?: I want to be able to see all apps in a list when I FIRST open the start menu ins Windows 11 like I did in WIndows 10. However, I see no instruction for that. Is it possible? IF the community does not know, how so I contact a PERSON in Support; every time I click on "contact...
  8. Is there a way to view all apps in the start menu with one click?

Is there a way to view all apps in the start menu with one click?: I want to be able to see all apps in a list when I FIRST open the start menu ins Windows 11 like I did in WIndows 10. However, I see no instruction for that. Is it possible? IF the community does not know, how so I contact a PERSON in Support; every time I click on "contact...
  9. When view JPG images the explorer closes suddenly, it started after recent windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When view JPG images the explorer closes suddenly, it started after recent windows update: I noticed when I view JPG images all of sudden the explorer close without warning it started after recent windows 10 update. Some time, I can view one or two images some time not. Nothing had changed on computer.To confirm the problem I installed third party image viewer and...
  10. When view JPG images the explorer closes suddenly, it started after recent windows update

When view JPG images the explorer closes suddenly, it started after recent windows update: I noticed when I view JPG images all of sudden the explorer close without warning it started after recent windows 10 update. Some time, I can view one or two images some time not. Nothing had changed on computer.To confirm the problem I installed third party image viewer and...