Windows 10: Start vs Apps window

Discus and support Start vs Apps window in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; There is the Start which is better looking than ever [ATTACH] -VS- There is the Applications window which is better looking than scrolling... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Drew1903, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Drew1903 Win User

Start vs Apps window

There is the Start which is better looking than ever

Start vs Apps window 45dfd2a0-ec4d-4f4f-adee-3ce59c630c6d?upload=true.jpg

-VS-

There is the Applications window which is better looking than scrolling

Start vs Apps window 801db89d-870d-490e-8551-289e7c7a7333?upload=true.jpg Start vs Apps window cf6b1d71-f9c3-4ea0-988b-0ba7e3c589ae?upload=true.jpg

According to user feedback, the Applications window is preferred for finding & accessing items.

Cheers,
    Drew
    Start vs Apps window 986afd19-92d7-4aff-8bbd-d6aa70ee8d38?upload=true.jpg

:)

Drew1903, Sep 27, 2020
  2. Dos101 Win User

Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Sep 27, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Sep 27, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Start vs Apps window

Start menu not showing apps in Windows 10

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Have you updated all the Windows updates?
    • Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Have you installed any update recently?
    As a work around, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run built-in Windows Store app troubleshooter.

• Click on Start search and type troubleshooting and choose 'Troubleshooting'

• Click on 'View All'.

• Run the Windows Store apps troubleshooter.
    Step 2: I suggest you to check for the latest updates

• Press Windows logo key +R, enter MS-settings: and then press
      OK. This opens Settings.
    • In Settings, go to Update & security > Windows Update, and then select
      Check for updates. Install any available updates and restart your PC if required.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Sep 27, 2020
Thema:

Start vs Apps window

1. Start vs Apps window - Similar Threads - Start Apps window

2. Shutdown/start vs restart...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shutdown/start vs restart...: what is the disparity in time duration for a shutdown/wait 20 sec./restarting @ 45 seconds, and restarting via WinKey+X/U/R @ 2 mins & 20+ secs In both cases no apps opened, of course. Clean slate and includes login....
  3. Shutdown/start vs restart...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shutdown/start vs restart...: what is the disparity in time duration for a shutdown/wait 20 sec./restarting @ 45 seconds, and restarting via WinKey+X/U/R @ 2 mins & 20+ secs In both cases no apps opened, of course. Clean slate and includes login....
  4. Shutdown/start vs restart...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 7 Start vs. Windows 10 Start

Windows 7 Start vs. Windows 10 Start: I have recently "upgraded" to Windows 10, and I am floored that the revised Start Menu is cluttered and clunky by comparison. In Windows 7, I had the few programs I use regularly at the top of the Start Menu, but the biggest difference was that I had the Documents menu as a...
  6. Reset vs Fresh Start

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset vs Fresh Start: What is the difference between reset and fresh start? I know both have the option to keep personal files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-vs-fresh-start/1bf783a2-19b7-48eb-a9a8-f0f693171dcc
  7. Windows Photo App vs PowerPoint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Photo App vs PowerPoint: Hi I have been an avid fan of the then 'Microsoft Digital Media Edition' which I used to edit photos with as it was simple and easy to use. Fast forward now I have noticed that PowerPoint has more options for photo editing then the actual photo app namely 'background...
  8. Start Tile vs Taskbar

Start Tile vs Taskbar: I would like to pin a site to a tile on start menu and all help I have found tells me how easy it is three dots, you know. However my option only gives me the ability to pin it to the Taskbar not the start menu. Did I flip something to take away this choice?...
  9. Windows 10 Fresh Start vs Reset vs Refresh vs Clean install

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Fresh Start vs Reset vs Refresh vs Clean install: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 Advanced Recovery option offers recovery solutions which can help you bring back Windows 10 to a working condition. These are extreme solutions when nothing else can be done. That said, before one uses one of these solutions, its [...] This post...
  10. [Help] Start Menu All Apps - List vs Groups

in Windows 10 Support
    [Help] Start Menu All Apps - List vs Groups: Win10 forams plz halp mi. Iz ther a wai tu maek all apps list insted of groups (0-9, A, B, etc.)? when wif win7 i crated mi own foldrs in all aps menu. pls wni10 farum halp mi. 10857