Windows 10: Start (Windows) Button not working

Discus and support Start (Windows) Button not working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My Windows button Start Menu on my Dell Laptop stopped working and is unresponsive to any clicks. I am unable to access software and other major... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Nkol19, May 16, 2019.

1. Nkol19 Win User

Start (Windows) Button not working

My Windows button Start Menu on my Dell Laptop stopped working and is unresponsive to any clicks. I am unable to access software and other major functionalities on my computer due to this. I tried updating Windows 10 version as well, but after many hours of preparing and installing, it gave me an error message (code : 0xc0000005). Thanks for any advice!

Nk

:)

Nkol19, May 16, 2019
  2. twiggs462 Win User

Start Button Not Working?

What steps should be taken to diagnose a Windows 10 start button not working?

twiggs462, May 16, 2019
  3. Start Button displaying but not working

The start button was working until there was a forced reboot (power failure). Then left click (normal click) over the start button does absolutely nothing. Right click brings up a menu but "programs" and also "settings" are missing and not included on this list. Search or Task View buttons do not work either with "normal" click. Does anyone have any suggestion or fixes?
    Thank you in advance *Huh
    Sue

suejbakula, May 16, 2019
  4. Start (Windows) Button not working

Windows 10 start button not working

Followed the steps as indicated. They actually made the situation worse.

First reboot after doing the listed steps, the start button would work but there was a 2 second delay before the start menu would appear. It was always instantaneous before. second, Edge no longer works at all. Edge will load and I can enter url, but nothing
    happens.

Second reboot and start button no longer works at all (again). Edge still does not work.

Never had ANY issues with Windows 7. Should never have upgraded!!!!!!!!!

marvin darter (L: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***)

marvindarter, May 16, 2019
Thema:

Start (Windows) Button not working

1. Start (Windows) Button not working - Similar Threads - Start Button working

2. Start(Windows) button not working!!!!!!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start(Windows) button not working!!!!!!: Start menu in Windows 10 Home is not opening(From both keyboard and display button). I have tried all ways and solutions given on the previously asked same question. Still not working!!!...
  3. Windows start button, and taskbar not working

in Cortana
    Windows start button, and taskbar not working: I have a surface pro 5 running Windows 10, I was unable to logon due to a Group Policy service not starting. I ran a number of suggested fixes without success. I have now reinstalled Windows 10 (keeping my files option). I can now log in, but the start button does not work,...
  4. start button in windows 10 is not working

start button in windows 10 is not working: Since 2 weeks, my Start button in bottom left corner stopped working. When I click the button (icon), the processor seems to be working on something but the Menu does never pop up. Since I did not install any new software (other than the automatic MS Windows and Office...
  5. Start button not working

Start button not working: Start button not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_menu/start-button-not-working/741d7bdb-1055-48ee-9aa2-d32cef6e6830
  6. Start Button Not Working?

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Button Not Working?: What steps should be taken to diagnose a Windows 10 start button not working? 48746
  7. start button not working

in Windows 10 Support
    start button not working: I did the upgrade and know my start window wont work I cant get to the apps or shortcut windows*Mad 23819
  8. Start Button & Windows Key Not Working?

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Button & Windows Key Not Working?: Start Button (is it still called that?) & Windows Key Not Working. I've seen other posts about this (example), but there doesn't seem to be any reason given for the problem. I've got this issue on a clean Windows 10 install. 18737
  9. Windows Start Button/Start menu not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Start Button/Start menu not working: When I click on the Windows icon in the bottom left hand corner of the screen nothing happens. I've re-booted, restored and via Powershell I've tried the 'Get - Appx package etc' that has been suggested in a number of places on the Web. None of that has worked. I've...
  10. Taskbar/Start Button NOT WORKING

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar/Start Button NOT WORKING: Hello, I have a Surface Pro 3, updated for Windows 10. I have been switching in and out of tablet mode, and I find myself at a point where now my task bar are not working. For example, when I click on the "Action Center" nothing pops up, or when I click on the WiFi...