Windows 10: Start Windows in save mode

Discus and support Start Windows in save mode in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows 10 is not starting in save mode. I have checked how to start Windows in save mode from this link. I tried the options from Settings and from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by puertas12, Oct 10, 2019.

1. puertas12 Win User

Start Windows in save mode

Windows 10 is not starting in save mode. I have checked how to start Windows in save mode from this link. I tried the options from Settings and from sign-in screen. I finally arrive to a screen were I can either shut down the computer or continue to Windows (see attached picture). How can I start my Windows 10 in save mode?Start Windows in save mode [​IMG]

:)

puertas12, Oct 10, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

Unable to Start in Safe Mode Win10

I understand that as repeating the basic problem. Is that what you mean? I can't tell you why- some sort of corruption- hence all the steps I'm suggesting. Please try each in turn.

The first are to check for basic forms of corruption and so proceed onwards in order.

dalchina, Oct 10, 2019
  3. Saving and deleting files

I suspect you have some agent that interferes with the normal operation of Windows. Please try this to find out:

• Press Shift+Restart to start Windows in Safe Mode.
    • Modify some file, then save it.

Delete some file.
    • Press Shift+Restart to start Windows in Safe Mode.
    • Check if the actions from Step 2 persist.

Frederik Long, Oct 10, 2019
  4. Start Windows in save mode

New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

Start Windows in save mode

1. Start Windows in save mode - Similar Threads - Start save mode

2. Starting Windows 10 in Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Starting Windows 10 in Safe Mode: Symptom: Pressing F8 repeatedly while Windows is starting no longer works. Workaround: To workaround this problem: 1. Click Start->Power, and then click Restart while holding down SHIFT. 2. Click Troubleshoot->Advanced options->Start-up Settings->Restart. 3. Press...
  3. Windows 10 start enu settings not saving!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 start enu settings not saving!: Hello, I have reinstall windows 10 (clean install) and im trying to show some folders in start menu. From Settings > Personalization > Start -> choose which folders appear on start , i turn some of them on (for example downloads), the switch moves to right side and turns...
  4. Start menus settings not saving

Start menus settings not saving: I'm trying to change setting under personalization settings for the start menu to view as full start screen. I'm also trying to customize the apps on the start menu but the apps won't move to the move....
  5. Power saving mode

Power saving mode: How do I turn OFF power saving mode …...I have just updated to windows 10 ( god knows why ) not user friendly.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-saving-mode/9510c35d-9d7d-491a-ab7a-c9cc1a63260a
  6. save mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    save mode: how do I start in safe mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/save-mode/6d868958-a026-4e2c-8590-d8c15e929972"
  7. windows 10 starts in duplicate windows mode

windows 10 starts in duplicate windows mode: I have windows 10. Connected to a hub with an external monitor. When I start up it is always in duplicate mode. Can I set the startup default to be pc screen only?...
  8. How to remove the "save energy" mode in Windows 10

How to remove the "save energy" mode in Windows 10: Hello, Since several days, the Windows 10 on my Lenovo laptop is always in "save energy" mode, even when plugged on AC. So the screen is almost colorless and I cannot read it. How to remove this save energy mode ? Thanks...
  9. start full mode

start full mode: I am trying to take off the full start mode, but every time i turn off the "use start full screen", it doesn't do anything. Is there any other way to remove the "full start screen"?...
  10. Windows only starts in safe mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows only starts in safe mode: Thank you very much. I will look into all these options although it updated a few days ago and there were no prompts about it this time.