Windows 10: Start Windows in save mode

Discus and support Start Windows in save mode in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows 10 is not starting in save mode. I have checked how to start Windows in save mode from this link. I tried the options from Settings and from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by puertas12, Oct 10, 2019.

1. puertas12 Win User

Start Windows in save mode

Windows 10 is not starting in save mode. I have checked how to start Windows in save mode from this link. I tried the options from Settings and from sign-in screen. I finally arrive to a screen were I can either shut down the computer or continue to Windows (see attached picture). How can I start my Windows 10 in save mode?Start Windows in save mode [​IMG]

:)

puertas12, Oct 10, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

Unable to Start in Safe Mode Win10

I understand that as repeating the basic problem. Is that what you mean? I can't tell you why- some sort of corruption- hence all the steps I'm suggesting. Please try each in turn.

The first are to check for basic forms of corruption and so proceed onwards in order.

dalchina, Oct 10, 2019
  3. Saving and deleting files

I suspect you have some agent that interferes with the normal operation of Windows. Please try this to find out:

• Press Shift+Restart to start Windows in Safe Mode.
    • Modify some file, then save it.

Delete some file.
    • Press Shift+Restart to start Windows in Safe Mode.
    • Check if the actions from Step 2 persist.

Frederik Long, Oct 10, 2019
  4. Start Windows in save mode

New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

Start Windows in save mode

1. Start Windows in save mode - Similar Threads - Start save mode

2. Power savings mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power savings mode: Ok so one day i restarted my pc like I normally do when I have a problem and it always solves it but this time whenever I did it it put me in power savings mode and it’s been like that for about a month or two I’ve tried other monitors but they were from family so I don’t...
  3. Power savings mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Power savings mode: Ok so one day i restarted my pc like I normally do when I have a problem and it always solves it but this time whenever I did it it put me in power savings mode and it’s been like that for about a month or two I’ve tried other monitors but they were from family so I don’t...
  4. Power saving mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power saving mode: Whenever I am not plugged in as soon as my laptop reaches around 35-40% the power saver mode automatically switches on. My power saver settings are set to turn on at 15%. Please help....
  5. Power saving mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power saving mode: Whenever I am not plugged in as soon as my laptop reaches around 35-40% the power saver mode automatically switches on. My power saver settings are set to turn on at 15%. Please help....
  6. Power save mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power save mode: hello I just bought my first NMVE M.2 and when i installed the Windows every time I open my pc after Motherboard logo appearmy pc just enter power saving mode so please help me to solve it Thx for your time...
  7. Power save mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power save mode: hello I just bought my first NMVE M.2 and when i installed the Windows every time I open my pc after Motherboard logo appearmy pc just enter power saving mode so please help me to solve it Thx for your time...
  8. Save to Windows Start

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Save to Windows Start: Hi, can anyone tell me what has happened to the Move to Windows Start. I have always used this and it seems that MS has again decided to do away with it, just typical really. I do not like pinning it to task or saving it as it then ends up in Programs and features which...
  9. Power saving mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Power saving mode: How do I turn OFF power saving mode …...I have just updated to windows 10 ( god knows why ) not user friendly.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-saving-mode/9510c35d-9d7d-491a-ab7a-c9cc1a63260a
  10. save mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    save mode: how do I start in safe mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/save-mode/6d868958-a026-4e2c-8590-d8c15e929972"