Windows 10: Start10 & MS Knows Best!

Discus and support Start10 & MS Knows Best! in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Seems every time there is a "Feature" update, MS takes it upon itself to change my desktop, tasks bar, etc. to what they know that I really wanted in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Homer712, Sep 28, 2020.

1. Homer712 Win User

Start10 & MS Knows Best!

Seems every time there is a "Feature" update, MS takes it upon itself to change my desktop, tasks bar, etc. to what they know that I really wanted in the first place. Not those pesky settings I've honed over a period of months. Happened when I went to 1903, 1909 and now 2004 (OK, so I was just fooling around with 2004 and via a Macrium Reflect image I'm right back to where I was this morning).

When installing an update all the shortcuts on my desktop get their pretty arrows back. Easy fix via a reg file here on these forums that I keep on a separate drive. Done!

But the Stardock Start10 settings are something else. I can't remember how long it took me to get everything just the way I like it, but it did take a while. And, unlike other programs, Start10 doesn't seem to have a "Save Settings" feature, at least not that I have found. So, for anyone that has Start10 installed, is there a way to get back to the look/feel of the Start Menu and task bar after an update other than spending hours tweaking the Start10 settings?

:)

Homer712, Sep 28, 2020
  2. TFreed Win User

Cortana and Start10 to circumvent Annoying Cortana pop-ups

Ok,

Cortana Pop-Ups absolutely killing me. It seems that there is a way with software START10 that I can circumvent Cortana. I have Start10. it lets me mess around with my Start config back to older representations of Windows. Thought I had gotten RID
    of Cortana but its BACK. Can somebody walk me through steps to modify Win10 as little as possible with Start10 but still KILL Cortana pop-ups.

Please ! Glowing feedback and mentions for anyone that can help !

Sincerely, Cortana Hater.

TFreed, Sep 28, 2020
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Start10 & MS Knows Best! :p

cadaveca, Sep 28, 2020
  4. Start10 & MS Knows Best!

mutant entry in Start: ms-resource:AppName/Text

Hi Watson,

Thank you for posting your concern on Microsoft Answer Community.

We would suggest you to follow the below step and let us know if that helps you.

Check for the mutant file "ms-resource:AppName/Text".
    and delete it from the below location.

• C:\Users\"username"\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs
    • C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

Hope it helps.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Sep 28, 2020
Thema:

Start10 & MS Knows Best!

1. Start10 & MS Knows Best! - Similar Threads - Start10 Knows Best

2. Best Win11 Protection App from Ms. Store?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Best Win11 Protection App from Ms. Store?: What about choose to use trend micro security app from microsoft store? Or windows defender paid version better? I even think about cloud and endpoint technologies for protection. What about semantec endpoint security from microsoft store? Is there some advanced cloud based...
  3. Best Win11 Protection App from Ms. Store?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Best Win11 Protection App from Ms. Store?: What about choose to use trend micro security app from microsoft store? Or windows defender paid version better? I even think about cloud and endpoint technologies for protection. What about semantec endpoint security from microsoft store? Is there some advanced cloud based...
  4. Whats the best MS Store software for optimization?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whats the best MS Store software for optimization?: Hi, I bought a new computer but for some reason it was getting slower everyday so i thought installing any optimization third-party software to help me out but they were just consuming my computer's resources. So then i thought i should download an optimizer available on MS...
  5. Whats the best MS Store software for optimization?

Whats the best MS Store software for optimization?: Hi, I bought a new computer but for some reason it was getting slower everyday so i thought installing any optimization third-party software to help me out but they were just consuming my computer's resources. So then i thought i should download an optimizer available on MS...
  6. I need to know the best and easiest way to fix a windows tablet

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I need to know the best and easiest way to fix a windows tablet: Recently I received a tablet that has windows home as the default operating system without a specific branding for the restoration process. The issues are mentioned below:- 1. The screen does have a touch screen but no driver for that to work properly. 2. The tablet came...
  7. what is the best place to request MS add a feature to windows?

in Windows 10 Customization
    what is the best place to request MS add a feature to windows?: The title says it all. Original request I am looking for a program that will lock my icons on the desktop positions I put them in and I read about a program calledDesklock but I can't find any place to get it. Is this program any good and where can I find it. IfDesklock is...
  8. MS OneDrive will not launch - tried everything I know...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MS OneDrive will not launch - tried everything I know...: I have never had this issue with OneDrive.... I download, install it, and it will absolutely not launch. No taskbar icon, no service. Things I have tried: SFC scan (found errors and able to fix) DISM restore health (found errors and able to fix) Compatibility mode...
  9. Start10 beta announced (must have active ObjectDock sub)

Start10 beta announced (must have active ObjectDock sub): If you used an early version of Windows 8, you will know that it did not ship with a Start menu and because of this, many companies built products to fill this gap. Startdock, who built Start8, is back with a new version of their popular application for Windows 10 called...
  10. [UWP App] The best MS sticky notes replacement,

[UWP App] The best MS sticky notes replacement,: Hi guys, before I start, I'm not sure if its the right place and if it isn't please excuse my mistake, but here is my app https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9p41djtn9d0s It is 2 times less ram consuming than the stock app and unlike that app it collects no usage...