Windows 10: Startbar searches unclickable.

Discus and support Startbar searches unclickable. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Startbar searches show results and can be accessed via arrow keys and activated using Enter. These items are un-clickable and keyboard navigation no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Arbetrayer, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Startbar searches unclickable.

Startbar searches show results and can be accessed via arrow keys and activated using Enter. These items are un-clickable and keyboard navigation no longer works once a click is initiated.

I have tried disabling"active" Cortana (and the service) and any combo of that and re-indexing. I have also done the DISM health commands. Nothing changes with any of these fixes. I got it the day of the creators install (After of course,) and figured I would live with it. But now I have a user with it and have done all the above fixes on both machines with no luck.

:)

Arbetrayer, Jul 12, 2017

2. Startbar searches show results and can be accessed via arrow keys and activated using Enter. These items are un-clickable and keyboard navigation no longer works once a click is initiated.

Does the computer-in-question belong to your employer or...?

Is OS Build 15063.483 installed now?

PA Bear - MS MVP, Jul 12, 2017
  3. Startbar searches show results and can be accessed via arrow keys and activated using Enter. These items are un-clickable and keyboard navigation no longer works once a click is initiated.

Thank you for your time it is very obvious to me now what Microsoft cares about. I was naive to think that I may actually get some help without signing up for a service contract. You may want to change the names, they are misleading. Instead of Answers
    and Community you may want to go with something more fitting like Contracts and Filters. I know its not your fault personally and I hold no ill will towards you but if you were me you probably wouldn't continue this charade either.

Look at that I can Copy/Paste to.

Arbetrayer, Jul 12, 2017
  4. zbook New Member

Startbar searches unclickable.

Check
    1) the integrity of the operating system
    2) the drive
    3) the user
    4) reduce to a minimum any conflicting software:

Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste these commands:

1) winver (in the pop up about windows > view your windows version and build > type this information into the thread)

2) sfc /scannow

3) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

4) chkdsk /scan

When these have completed > right click on the top bar or title bar of the administrative command prompt box > left click on edit then select all > right click on the top bar again > left click on copy > paste into the thread

5) msconfig (in the pop up system configuration > move the dot from normal startup to selective startup > uncheck load startup items > click service tab > in left lower corner check hide all Microsoft services > in the lower right side click disable all > click apply or ok > do not reboot)

6) taskmgr (in the pop up task manager > click on the start up tab > click on status so that the column sorts with enable rising to the top > right click on each row with enable and change to disable)

7) shutdown /r (you will reboot the computer so that it is in clean boot)

Evaluate the performance on your computer in clean boot during typical use. Are the boots faster or slower? Are the shutdowns faster or slower? How has the video performance changed? Is it better, worse, or the same? Continue using clean boot indefinitely to monitor performance.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...ndows-10.aspx7)

8) run the start menu troubleshooter:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12385/windows-10-troubleshoot-problems-opening-start-menu-cortana

Evaluate the performance on your computer in clean boot during typical use. Are the boots faster or slower? Are the shutdowns faster or slower? How has the video and audio performance changed? How has the start menu and task bar changed? Is it better, worse, or the same? Continue using clean boot indefinitely to monitor performance.

zbook, Jul 13, 2017
Thema:

Startbar searches unclickable.

1. Startbar searches unclickable. - Similar Threads - Startbar searches unclickable

2. Taskbar programs unclickable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar programs unclickable: I cant move my apps or click it to any direction in the taskbar. It will not open as well when you click the apps. The start menu and search box is working properly but not the pinned apps and the tray in the taskbar. It happens when I remove some application in my system...
  3. Taskbar programs unclickable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar programs unclickable: I cant move my apps or click it to any direction in the taskbar. It will not open as well when you click the apps. The start menu and search box is working properly but not the pinned apps and the tray in the taskbar. It happens when I remove some application in my system...
  4. Unclickable area on screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unclickable area on screen: In the last couple of days I've noticed that a strip on the right edge of my screen will randomly become unclickable until I restart, and buttons or menu items on that side can't be interacted with unless I pull the window further left again, until I restart. The stranger...
  5. Fix Startbar Icon

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fix Startbar Icon: [ATTACH] Does anyone know how I can fix icon pictures on the Start bar? I tried deleting icon cache database (IconCache.db) in my appdata local folder but didn't work after resetting. Thanks....
  6. Startbar won't autohide

in Windows 10 Customization
    Startbar won't autohide: Windows 10: Start bar will not autohide. Can't see my desktop. What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/startbar-wont-autohide/135c6946-6682-4601-95c9-06a65ff51434
  7. Calendar Not Synchronizing On Startbar Quickmenu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Calendar Not Synchronizing On Startbar Quickmenu: Hello! I have all my calendars on Google-calendar, and they work well on my phone, and when opening the calendar-app in its own window, but for some reason it will not show most of the meetings on the quick-calendar that opens when clicking the clock and date. The ones that...
  8. DEP unclickable

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    DEP unclickable: ​Long story short, I have been trying to play a game I downloaded from the internet and my laptop has been refusing to play it and the game just wont work, because it is a 16 bit program trying to work in a 64 bit computer. After some research I finally figured out how to fix...
  9. "Search my stuff" unclickable, search window becomes blank white box

in Windows 10 Support
    "Search my stuff" unclickable, search window becomes blank white box: Hi, I am a former Windows 7 Ultimate user who upgraded to Windows 10 Pro. I am having some major problems with the Search feature which renders Windows mostly unusable. The problem consists of the following, in order: 1. Windows Search rebuilds the index with "We're...
  10. Broken(unclickable) App Search Result in Start Menu.

in Windows 10 Support
    Broken(unclickable) App Search Result in Start Menu.: I have GeForce Experience installed and working perfectly. However, when I try to navigate to it through the windows app search, an unknown file is shown which does not respond to either left or right click. Screenshot attached. How can I find where the file shown in...