Windows 10: Startcomponentcleanup task issue

Discus and support Startcomponentcleanup task issue in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Good morning, I used W10v1607 & 1809 Ltsc and I notice a big issue, WinSxS folder is growing up constantly without a periodic clean. I found 2 ways... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ladodolela33, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Startcomponentcleanup task issue

Good morning,

I used W10v1607 & 1809 Ltsc and I notice a big issue, WinSxS folder is growing up constantly without a periodic clean.

I found 2 ways :

• create a personal scheduled task using Dism command with Startcomponentcleanup operator.
    • Use System Scheduled task "Startcomponentcleanup".

Creating task was fine but I notice issues if I use "Run wether user is logged or not", randomly task is stuck in "running". I forgot to tell that I need task should be executed "silently"

After I decide to use system task but every time I launch, task stop Immediately with result is 0x0 task completed. If I launch "AnalyzeComponentStore", nothing is cleaned.

Do you know What file is used for this system task ? Have you already had this kind of issue ?

Regards

:)

Ladodolela33, Oct 28, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Oct 28, 2020
  3. Task Scheduler with error message The selected task »CreateChoiceProcessTask« no longer exists

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

I suggest you to clear the task from Task Scheduler using the below steps and check if the issue still persists.

Steps:-

• Type Task Scheduler on Search bar.
    • Click on Task Scheduler Library.
    • Select the particular task and right click on it.
    • Select End.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Oct 28, 2020
  4. Startcomponentcleanup task issue

Cannot modify Task Bar settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on the Task Bar.
    • Uncheck the option " Lock the Taskbar."

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Oct 28, 2020
Thema:

Startcomponentcleanup task issue

1. Startcomponentcleanup task issue - Similar Threads - Startcomponentcleanup task issue

2. Task Manager Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Manager Issue: Dear Team,My PC missing with some important columns CPU, Memory, Disk, GPU when Task Manager-->Process windows opens https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager-issue/0e118bb5-1e0b-43a8-9731-d94df8e7bdc0
  3. Unknown task and issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown task and issue: Hello pals jason here got an issue on my pc i found this task named-uxtIdsktkgfv.exe The impact is highAnd got windows explorer issue using alot of resources of my CPU please help...
  4. DSIM StartComponentCleanup is acting weird

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DSIM StartComponentCleanup is acting weird: This is a Windows 10 PC built in 2012 and will never upgrade to Win11 I had just previously completed an update on an optional [KB5014666 OS Builds 19042.1806, 19043.1806, and 19044.1806 Preview]It had hung my system prior to reboot and after waiting a very long time, I...
  5. DSIM StartComponentCleanup is acting weird

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DSIM StartComponentCleanup is acting weird: This is a Windows 10 PC built in 2012 and will never upgrade to Win11 I had just previously completed an update on an optional [KB5014666 OS Builds 19042.1806, 19043.1806, and 19044.1806 Preview]It had hung my system prior to reboot and after waiting a very long time, I...
  6. DSIM StartComponentCleanup is acting weird

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. DISM.EXE /StartComponentCleanup vs /StartComponentCleanup /ResetBase

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    DISM.EXE /StartComponentCleanup vs /StartComponentCleanup /ResetBase: Hi all Back in the first days after getting Windows 10 Laptop, I invested quite a lot of time regarding reducing the size of the C: partition. One of the things that helps reducing the size of the C: partition, is cleaning the C:\Windows\WinSxS\ folder I have 2 commands that...
  8. DISM.exe /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup seems to be having an issue cleaning...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DISM.exe /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup seems to be having an issue cleaning...: Windows 10 home 64-bit Version 20H2 OS Build 19042.985 Installed RAM = 16 Gb Storage = 1 Tb SSD System = HP ENVY m7 Notebook All recommended updates from HP applied All available updates from MS applied Almost all of the things I run are browser based Chrome Version...
  9. DISM startcomponentcleanup not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    DISM startcomponentcleanup not working: So when I try to do DISM startcomponentcleanup it says "the operation could not be completed due to pending operations" but nothing else is running. submitted by /u/1pcbetterthanxbox [link] [comments]...
  10. StartComponentCleanup: The component store has been corrupted

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    StartComponentCleanup: The component store has been corrupted: Helllo! I have a problem with 'StartComponentCleanup' Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.15063](c) 2017 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.C:\WINDOWS\system32>Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanupDeployment Image Servicing and Management toolVersion:...