Windows 10: Started 10/09/2019 Unable to open File Explorer from desktop or taskbar or from start also...

Discus and support Started 10/09/2019 Unable to open File Explorer from desktop or taskbar or from start also... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Started 10/09/2019 Unable to open File Explorer from desktop or taskbar or from start also the Firefox is gone from taskbar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SCULLY&ILUSHA, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Started 10/09/2019 Unable to open File Explorer from desktop or taskbar or from start also...

Started 10/09/2019 Unable to open File Explorer from desktop or taskbar or from start also the Firefox is gone from taskbar

:)

SCULLY&ILUSHA, Oct 10, 2019
  2. D_938 Win User

Cannot open File Explorer from Taskbar or Start Menu

I am unable to open File Explorer from the Taskbar or Start Menu from the Microsoft Account. I do have a local admin created and that account is fine. I have unpin File Explorer from the Taskbar and then open an file and then re-pin File Explorer and still
    same issue and also I had run the sfc /scannow from the Command prompt as the admin it did not find any problems. I did upgrade Windows RTM to Windows 10 TH2 and it fix the issue until I logged out of the account and logged back in and the same issue came.
    I tried the step from
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-desktop/cannot-launch-file-explorer-from-taskbar-in/d2c9f0c0-e1ab-47cf-8b68-b19d748f2734?auth=1
    and they did not work also have the same issue in safe mode. Also I do not want Microsoft standard
    answer to delete or create a new Microsoft Account profile.
    Started 10/09/2019 Unable to open File Explorer from desktop or taskbar or from start also... b53d2679-1254-4925-b9c1-75847558764b.png

D_938, Oct 10, 2019
  3. Taskbar hides and shows itself after opening start menu.

Steps:

1. Using HDMI for a second monitor.
    2. Open start menu using the icon.
    3. Close start menu using the icon.
    4. Click anywhere other than the task bars. (e.g. an open window, the desktop, even the first monitor's desktop)
    5. Taskbar on second monitor slides down to be hidden.
    6. Taskbar then immediately slides up to reappear.

If after closing the start menu (step 3), you click on the taskbar, then click outside the taskbar, this behavior does not occur.

Performing the steps on the main monitor's taskbar does not produce this behavior.

This has been happening for as long as I can remember using this laptop (~3years), with different nVidia drivers and Windows 10 updates.

Dreaming Void, Oct 10, 2019
  4. ke5tgd Win User

Started 10/09/2019 Unable to open File Explorer from desktop or taskbar or from start also...

File Explorer won't open from Taskbar or Start menu.

File Explorer won't open from Taskbar or Start menu and right click on files and folders (In file explorer and on desktop) is not working and causes explorer.exe to freeze. File explorer does open from desktop folder and shortcuts as well as "open file location" in task manager. The problem goes away after restart but returns soon after. Restarting explorer.exe does not fix the problem.

ke5tgd, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

Started 10/09/2019 Unable to open File Explorer from desktop or taskbar or from start also...

1. Started 10/09/2019 Unable to open File Explorer from desktop or taskbar or from start also... - Similar Threads - Started 2019 Unable

2. File Explorer Won't Start from Start Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Won't Start from Start Menu: I can no longer start File Explorer from the Start Menu link, or task bar link on Win 11. When pressed the screen goes off, reappears without icons or task bar then goes back to normal. File Explorer isn't visible but is running in Task Manager. Shortcuts to existing folders...
  3. File Explorer Won't Start from Start Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Won't Start from Start Menu: I can no longer start File Explorer from the Start Menu link, or task bar link on Win 11. When pressed the screen goes off, reappears without icons or task bar then goes back to normal. File Explorer isn't visible but is running in Task Manager. Shortcuts to existing folders...
  4. File explorer not opening from start menu (repost)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File explorer not opening from start menu (repost): [ATTACH] REPOST, ORIGINAL HERE I recently changed my Windows 10 theme and now I can't open folders in file explorer from the start menu. It works fine with apps but it just doesn't work with folders. I tried restarting and it still doesn't work. I tried searching for...
  5. File explorer not opening from start menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File explorer not opening from start menu: [ATTACH] I recently changed my Windows 10 theme and now I can't open folders in file explorer from the start menu. It works fine with apps but it just doesn't work with folders. I tried restarting and it still doesn't work. I tried searching for solutions but they were...
  6. Unable to go to Desktop From Start

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to go to Desktop From Start: Not sure if this is normal or not. Just got a new laptop. Seems I'm unable to brig up the desktop when I click the Windows icon in the bottom left of start screen I can get to the desktop by right clicking the Windows icon and selecting Desktop. Any ideas? James...
  7. File Explorer not opening when choosing from START

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer not opening when choosing from START: I'm curious if others are experiencing the following anomaly: 1) File Explorer is "pinned" to the Start menu (Windows 7 style view, i.e., not full menu) 2) File Explorer is opened from the Start menu (first time) -- File Explorer opens with no trouble or time delay 3) File...
  8. Start menu won't open from taskbar on the desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu won't open from taskbar on the desktop: I upgraded to Windows 10 last night and have had nothing but problems. The biggest one is the fact that I cannot open the start menu, I had worked around it by right clicking it and then selecting what I needed from there. However now that doesn't even work. Any help...
  9. Inability to open file explorer from start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Inability to open file explorer from start menu: I am not able to open the file explorer through the option on the start menu, or by clicking on the file explorer pinned to the task bar. When I click the pinned file explorer the window that pops up says "Windows cannot find ''. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and...
  10. File Explorer won't open from Taskbar or Start menu.

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer won't open from Taskbar or Start menu.: File Explorer won't open from Taskbar or Start menu and right click on files and folders (In file explorer and on desktop) is not working and causes explorer.exe to freeze. File explorer does open from desktop folder and shortcuts as well as "open file location" in task...