Windows 10: StartEd (A program to manage slow computer startups)

Discus and support StartEd (A program to manage slow computer startups) in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; A couple of years ago my fairly new computer started to take forever to boot. Actually, boot time was okay, the problem was getting to the desktop and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by mrclose, May 10, 2019.

1. mrclose Win User

StartEd (A program to manage slow computer startups)

A couple of years ago my fairly new computer started to take forever to boot.
    Actually, boot time was okay, the problem was getting to the desktop and then waiting up to five minutes for the desktop to fully load to be able to launch anything!

Looking for information on what I could do to speed everything up again I tried various suggestions like: Task Manager, WinPatrol, SysInternals etc. etc.

Some like Sysinternals would list all of the startups but I was in the dark on which programs were absolutely A MUST for computer functioning!

That is when I stumbled upon a program that not only listed every startup program but also pointed out the essentials, obsoletes, new, trojans, services etc. etc.

I was so impressed with the free lite version that I purchased the Pro version!

My question is .. Why in the world hasn't this app been recommended by more folks, to others who have startup problems?

The link that I have included goes to their home page where you can download the free version (or pro).

If any of you would like to try it out ... I'd appreciate your opinions.

I promise, there is no malware at the site or in the app itself! *Wink

About ...

Full feature list ...

View, Edit, Delete, Disable and Add entries to your Windows startup configuration

Detect obsolete startup items and unneeded memory hogs

Backup and Restore your startup configurations

Manage System Services with detailed notes and description

Filter Service List with keywords

See new startup items and services since last StartEd use
    Uninstall Applications

Show detailed information about every startup entry

Launch programs

Create shortcuts on desktop (useful for temporary disabled items)
    Print out and copy startup list to clipboard

Recognize Trojan Horses in startup configuration

StartEd (A program to manage slow computer startups) 33333333333333333333333333.jpg

StartEd (A program to manage slow computer startups) 44444444444444444444444.jpg

Manage Windows Startup with StartEd

:)

mrclose, May 10, 2019
  2. catstone Win User

Slow Startup

see if my words helps...skip the steps that u already tried.
    1. check the start-up items. Run the command of "msconfig" , check the "start up" page(i am not sure of the precise name of this page,coz.i am using chinese version of windows). diable ALL the items listed. save the setting and restart.
    2. check the free space of each partition of harddisk. make sure that each partition has a free space of more than 1 gb( higher ,better).
    3. check the list of installed programs, through the control panel. uninstall those seldom used
    4. it might be unkown comflict of softwares. keep your system as clean as possible. for example, you can disable your antivirus, then restart to see if it is faster
    5. it might be fragments. defrag all partitions.
    6. manage the services of your system. right click "my computer",click "manage(G)", in the window below, the third level-1 menu is "service and applications". disable unecessary auto startup services.
    7. up to repend~~

catstone, May 10, 2019
  3. SlipSlice Win User
    Slow Startup

Does anybody know why I am having really slow system startups? I don't have extra startup programs than I use to have. The only thing that I think it could be is my antivirus program. I use AVG now since I reformated 2 days ago..and every since then, I have a really slow startup..I don't know if that is the reason..Does anybody have any suggestions, on how to speed my startup? I use to be able to be on my desktop screen in like 35-40 seconds at most. And now it is way over a minute. Any help would be gr8.

-slip*Cool StartEd (A program to manage slow computer startups) :cool:

SlipSlice, May 10, 2019
  4. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, May 10, 2019
Thema:

1. StartEd (A program to manage slow computer startups) - Similar Threads - StartEd program manage

2. Computer VERY slow on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer VERY slow on startup: Good afternoon.When starting up my desktop it takes quite a long time for me to be able to perform the simplest of tasks. Can you please remote assist and look in to what may be causing this?Kind regards.David Charlesworth...
  3. Computer VERY slow on startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer VERY slow on startup: Good afternoon.When starting up my desktop it takes quite a long time for me to be able to perform the simplest of tasks. Can you please remote assist and look in to what may be causing this?Kind regards.David Charlesworth...
  4. Program called "Program" in Task manager startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Program called "Program" in Task manager startup: [IMG] It seems to be a webcompanion file but I already deleted webcompanion. Is this a bug or a virus of some sort? How do I remove It? https://preview.redd.it/82yy4oc4ovn61.png?width=1172&format=png&auto=webp&s=68360225e8910df543757e443f0fd3e0c4a64bb0 submitted by...
  5. slow program start times?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    slow program start times?: submitted by /u/caud1llo [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h8pl9z/slow_program_start_times/
  6. Programs not starting at startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Programs not starting at startup: I have Win 10 latest version. No viruses or spyware. Check regularly with good programs. I have notice over the last few weeks 2-3 of my programs were not starting with Windows like have been for the past few years. I go into the program itself and the box that says start...
  7. Programs start very slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs start very slow: I have weird problem with my windows 10 computer and I don't know what to try anymore. I recently upgraded my system, I have RTX2080, i9-9900ks, m2.ssd, corsair 1000w psu, G.skill DDR4 32gb, so components are good. All worked like a dream about a month, but now my computer...
  8. slow program starts, Slow boot, slow shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    slow program starts, Slow boot, slow shutdown: Windows Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.48) From switch-on to desktop start-up sound takes nearly two minutes, and after that there's still a lot of disc activity. Shutdown is equally slow. Once the system has started it takes 30 seconds after clicking on an MP3 icon for VLC...
  9. Slow boot, slow shutdown, and slow program starts.

in Windows 10 Support
    Slow boot, slow shutdown, and slow program starts.: Windows Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.48) From switch-on to desktop start-up sound takes nearly two minutes, and after that there's still a lot of disc activity. Shutdown is equally slow. Once the system has started it takes 30 seconds after clicking on an MP3 icon for VLC...
  10. Unknown program in Task Manager-Startup Programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown program in Task Manager-Startup Programs: I am using Windows 10 Home up-to-date. Just found this entry (Program) in my Task Manager-Startup Programs. It has no identification except 'Program' . On right click it doesn't show any properties or location just the enable or disable button. I have disabled it but am just...