Windows 10: Started downloading a game in C: Drive, changed drive and now I cant install it

Discus and support Started downloading a game in C: Drive, changed drive and now I cant install it in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Okay so I just bought the Ultra game pass and tried to install a game. It said I dont have enough space on my C: Drive, so I changed it so Apps... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by DeathMaster, May 18, 2021.

1. Started downloading a game in C: Drive, changed drive and now I cant install it

Okay so I just bought the Ultra game pass and tried to install a game. It said I dont have enough space on my C: Drive, so I changed it so Apps download automatically in the D: Drive. Now whenever I try to install the game it still says I dont have enough space, even though I absolutely have more than enough space...I tried downloading other games and they work perfectly fine.I think its still trying to download in the C: Drive for some reason. I restarted my PC, but it wont download. I dont know what to do

:)

DeathMaster, May 18, 2021

2. Installing to a second Drive. D: or external (Non Boot up Drives)

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are looking for an option to move the game location from the C drive to the Drive D, which is an external drive.

In this scenario, we would suggest you to perform these steps and check if that resolves your issue on both laptop and Desktop.

1. As usual install the game on the PC’s in
      C Drive.
    2. Insert the external
      D drive
      to the PC.
    3. Press Windows + I key from the keyboard to launch
      Settings.
    4. Select Apps and click on
      Apps & features
      from the left pane.
    5. Search for the installed game from the list on the right pane.
    6. Single click on the game and select
      Move.
    7. Select the D drive under
      Choose a drive
      where you want to move the game.
    8. Restart the PC with the external drive connected and then launch the game.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, May 18, 2021
  3. Installed game on D drive, MS Store tries to update to C drive.

So I have an issue where I downloaded a game on my D drive by using the "Change where new content is installed" in storage settings, it downloaded to the D drive without much issue. But now that I want to update the game, it keeps trying to
    reinstall the entire game instead of just downloading the update. I keep getting an error as it keeps trying to reinstall the entire thing, because it is trying to reinstall the newest version it on to my C drive, which doesn't have space.

Basically I can't get the MS Store to recognize that I already downloaded a game onto my D drive in order for it to update, instead of whenever I try to update the game it tries to reinstall it onto my C drive.

I tried resetting the MS store, changing where new content is installed back and forth, clearing caches etc, but whenever I open the MS store page of the game it just automatically begins to download into my C drive, and proceeds to fail.

Miaomelette, May 18, 2021
  4. Started downloading a game in C: Drive, changed drive and now I cant install it

little cat, May 18, 2021
Thema:

Started downloading a game in C: Drive, changed drive and now I cant install it

1. Started downloading a game in C: Drive, changed drive and now I cant install it - Similar Threads - Started downloading game

2. i cant install games on the d drive

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    i cant install games on the d drive: i am trying to install age of empires IV on my pc and i dont have enough space on the c drive so i want to install it on the d drive but it wont even though i set the app installation on the d drive from the system settings...
  3. Changed C: Drive Permissions and now have random files in my C Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changed C: Drive Permissions and now have random files in my C Drive: Hello, I was in a coding class and needed to put a picture into the app I was working on. To do this, as an inexperienced coder I thought I had to upload it to my C: drive. When I uploaded the pictures, I was unable to because of the permissions of the drive. I changed the...
  4. I cant install or move games from my C drive to my D drive! Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I cant install or move games from my C drive to my D drive! Microsoft Store: Every time i try to install or move games from the Microsoft store i just gives my diffrent errors like this one.It basically sais "We cant move Sea of ThievesThe action was not completet, try again later.The error is 0x80070005, If you need it" Please help me :-...
  5. I changed the Location of Downloads folder in C drive to F drive and now I cant reset its...

I changed the Location of Downloads folder in C drive to F drive and now I cant reset its...: I changed the location of "downloads from C;Users;_ownername_;Downloads to F drive Right click downloads->properties->location->Move->F drive. Now, I want to change it to the default locationC;Users;_ownername_;Downloads. But i cant do it now. It shows like that in the...
  6. Change C drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Change C drive: I have two SSDs installed internally in my desktop. The C: drive is 500GB and the additional D: drive is 2TB. I would like to transfer everything to the D drive, making it my boot C: drive. Everything that I have stored fits on the 500GB SSD so I know that I should be able...
  7. Cant Move Games from C drive to other Drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant Move Games from C drive to other Drive: Hey, so I downloaded Sea of Thives over the Night and now I wanna move it on my D drive cause I have more Space there. So I went into Settings > Apps > SoT and tried to move it. After a few Seconds into the Moving I get the Error "SoT cant be moved the Error Code is...
  8. Cant change where apps will download to. Wanting to change from c: drive to d: drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant change where apps will download to. Wanting to change from c: drive to d: drive: Bought Forza Horizon 4 and wanting to download it to my d: drive because my c: drive is too full with other files. Every time I try to change it in my settings where I want it to go to I get error code 0x80070005....
  9. Changing Downloads folder from C: SSD drive to D: HDD drive, now the downloads folder path...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing Downloads folder from C: SSD drive to D: HDD drive, now the downloads folder path...: Hi ! I was trying to make space on my SSD by changing the location of the Downloads folder. I moved the location from C:\Users\MyName\Downloads to the D:\ folder. Now instead of moving the folder to the other drive, the location of downloads IS the drive, meaning all the...
  10. Switching Game download and install from C to D drive

Switching Game download and install from C to D drive: i recently bought sea of theives from the microsoft store and when it updated it came to my attention the game installed into the c drive not the d which is much bigger.. its telling me i have to clear up space but there is not the space to be cleared on c i need to know how...