Windows 10: Started getting error on copy/paste error is Error Code 0x80028ca0

Discus and support Started getting error on copy/paste error is Error Code 0x80028ca0 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For years I have been copying from libraries the folders Documents, Pictures, Videos and Music. Just starting today when I paste and it is computing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by diverjer, Oct 11, 2019.

1. diverjer Win User

Started getting error on copy/paste error is Error Code 0x80028ca0

For years I have been copying from libraries the folders Documents, Pictures, Videos and Music. Just starting today when I paste and it is computing files and size of paste I get Mismatch Errors and error code 0x80028ca0. I have run sfc /scannow and all is fine also did chkdsk c: and all is fine. So knowing there libraries are different, I went to directly to the data c:\users\my user name and selected folders Documents, Pictures, Videos and Music, then a copy and paste- all is running fine. Copy and past is going as I type this. I just did the latest MS update about a week ago, actually I may have done several MS updates since I last did one of the copy/paste from libraries. However it has always worked with no problems until now, I assume one of the last few MS updates changed something. I am on WIndows 10 pro 64 bit, 1903 build 18362.388 using a Dell Optiplex 3040.

:)

diverjer, Oct 11, 2019
  2. sp_ba Win User

When trying to copy a Library I get Error 0x80028CA0: Type mismatch.

The issue started after 1607 patch, I tried on a desktop prior to the patch, the library copy / paste to backup drive was working, however after the patch the following error occurs.

An unexpected error is keeping you from copying the folder. If you continue to receive the error, you can use the error code to search for help with this problem

Error 0x80028CA0: Type mismatch

Tried the sfc, did not help with the issue

sp_ba, Oct 11, 2019
  3. When trying to copy a Library I get Error 0x80028CA0: Type mismatch.

In copying my Library to paste on an external hard drive, I get and error message: "Error 0x80028CA0 Type Mismatch"

Jerry Carll, Oct 11, 2019
  4. meloneum Win User

BIOS error codes

So I have motherboard with installed small LED screen, which presents BIOS error codes.

Where can I find a list of those errors. And I don't mean beep codes, but the "number" codes.

Ex after installing sound card, the motherboard startup fails with the code 15.

Example picture of code is here.

meloneum, Oct 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Started getting error on copy/paste error is Error Code 0x80028ca0 - Similar Threads - Started getting error

2. Fix 0x80028CA0 Type Mismatch error when copying Libraries

in Windows 10 News
    Fix 0x80028CA0 Type Mismatch error when copying Libraries: [ATTACH]Some PC users are reporting the issue whereby after installing new Windows Update on their Windows 11 or Windows 10 computer, they get the 0x80028CA0 Type Mismatch error when copying Libraries to an external drive attached to their system. This post provides the most...
  3. copy and paste error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    copy and paste error: This is an odd one and doesn't fit into any forum:A friend copied a link I sent her for members to click to view a newsletter on Google Drive. No typing was involved just straight copy and paste. It was a task that has been done many times in the past.The link I sent was...
  4. getting a Ox800705b4 error code

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    getting a Ox800705b4 error code: Ok i will first start off by saying I went to go upgrade my win 10 home to win 10 pro. However the process failed and then i kept getting activate windows etc etc. However It would not let me cause Ox800705b4 error code keeps coming up. So i went into system on my computer...
  5. File Explorer error: An unexpected error is keeping you from copying... Error code...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer error: An unexpected error is keeping you from copying... Error code...: I am trying to copy a folder that's a few hundred gigs from one hard drive to another. I can't copy them because Windows Explorer gives me an unspecified error. Both hard drives are in perfect health as reported by Crystal Disk and are both internal SATA drives. My system is...
  6. copy aand paste not working error code instead

copy aand paste not working error code instead: Every time I copy and paste in windows 10 it pastes the below error code. how can i fix this its ****ing annoying and ruining my work flow?...
  7. ERROR 0X80028CA0 WHEN MAKING BACKUP COPY OF LIBRARY HOLDING PICTURES, DOCUMENTS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ERROR 0X80028CA0 WHEN MAKING BACKUP COPY OF LIBRARY HOLDING PICTURES, DOCUMENTS: ERROR 0X80028CA0 WHEN MAKING BACKUP COPY OF LIBRARY HOLDING PICTURES, DOCUMENTS???? WHY????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-0x80028ca0-when-making-backup-copy-of/c9e6b69c-5979-43e7-b4a3-12e95885d6a7
  8. No warning/error message but can not copy paste

No warning/error message but can not copy paste: Hello everyone, I have an interesting issue. I bought new Asus notebook and it has windows 10 installed in it. Within computer I can copy and paste files to other files. However, when I wanted to take files from usb drive to my computer by "copy-paste (all commands)" or...
  9. Crash dump error message on Copy and Paste

Crash dump error message on Copy and Paste: Lets say I am trying to copy and paste the word "Hello", I hit Control+C then Control+V and instead of "Hello" being printed where my cursor is, this message gets spit out:...
  10. Copy and paste code

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copy and paste code: I just made a YouTube channel and edited my first video in the Photos app on my Windows 10 Surface Pro 3. When I finished, I clicked on "Export or share" and then selected the medium size and waiting for it to create the video. After it finished and was at 100%, I selected...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. copy error 0x80028CA0

2. paste error code