Windows 10: Started Happening recently. All my icons turn black when I hover over them. Desktop turns...

Discus and support Started Happening recently. All my icons turn black when I hover over them. Desktop turns... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/IamToasterMan [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/IamToasterMan, May 23, 2020.

1. Started Happening recently. All my icons turn black when I hover over them. Desktop turns...

/u/IamToasterMan, May 23, 2020
  2. Bree Win User

No recent document for applications on start menu

These list of recent files are called Jump Lists. Windows 10 still has them, but now you get them by right-clicking on the application on the Start menu (or on an application pinned to the taskbar).

If you can't see a jump list this way, check that 'Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar' is turned on in:
    Settings > Personalise > Start

NB: Be careful with this setting. The way to clear all Jump Lists is turn this setting off then back on again.

3. LenyM Win User
    Desktop turning black & black squres behind icons

When I do a selection (click and drag) the space that I selected turns my desktop background black.

When my cursor goes over an icon, a black square appears behind it.

Also, when I drag an icon around on the desktop, all of the background turns black.

All of this started happening after I pressed a lot of keys at the same time by pressing the keys with my whole hand. I've looked for it on a lot of forums already and I tried every solution to similar problems but it never worked.

I really need help! Please.

I don't know if this can be usefull but I don't have a Windows key so Windows isn't activated on my computer.

And here are my specs if needed:

GPU: Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1080ti 11go

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700X (not overclocked)

Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16go DDR4 2666Hz

Motherboard: MSI x470 Gaming

LenyM, May 23, 2020
  4. Edwin Win User

Started Happening recently. All my icons turn black when I hover over them. Desktop turns...

Invisible Icon on desktop turns black

There are no 'truly' invisible icons in the Windows system, you need to search the web for one.
    (I think they're created from a completely transparent bitmap image, then assigned an .ico extension, or sumpthin like that, I can't remember!)

Started Happening recently. All my icons turn black when I hover over them. Desktop turns... [​IMG]

Edwin, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Started Happening recently. All my icons turn black when I hover over them. Desktop turns...

1. Started Happening recently. All my icons turn black when I hover over them. Desktop turns... - Similar Threads - Started Happening recently

2. my taskbar icons are not showing preview when i hover over them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my taskbar icons are not showing preview when i hover over them: hello,my taskbar icons have stopped showing the preview when i hover over them the little window that is normally displayedcan anybody please assist me...
  3. my taskbar icons are not showing preview when i hover over them

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my taskbar icons are not showing preview when i hover over them: hello,my taskbar icons have stopped showing the preview when i hover over them the little window that is normally displayedcan anybody please assist me...
  4. my taskbar icons are not showing preview when i hover over them

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Icons start duplicating on taskbar when i hover over them and When i open chrome the blue...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Icons start duplicating on taskbar when i hover over them and When i open chrome the blue...: So i have these very irritating issues and I read that I can do a normal startup but it is not allowing me to . Please help its urgent https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-start-duplicating-on-taskbar-when-i-hover/e8a958b6-ca1d-4ea2-8f92-f45b8ee53dcd
  6. Icons start duplicating on taskbar when i hover over them and When i open chrome the blue...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons start duplicating on taskbar when i hover over them and When i open chrome the blue...: So i have these very irritating issues and I read that I can do a normal startup but it is not allowing me to . Please help its urgent https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-start-duplicating-on-taskbar-when-i-hover/e8a958b6-ca1d-4ea2-8f92-f45b8ee53dcd
  7. Text goes black when I hover my mouse over an icon on my desktop.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Text goes black when I hover my mouse over an icon on my desktop.: The text goes black when I hover my mouse over an icon on my desktop not only that when I go into file explorer and look at files it only shows the picture of the files but no text beside it. Please HELP....
  8. Icons become black when hovering them, then suddenly wallpaper turns into black. Any idea...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Icons become black when hovering them, then suddenly wallpaper turns into black. Any idea...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Jika04 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kozxk7/icons_become_black_when_hovering_them_then/
  9. Change desktop icons when hovering over

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change desktop icons when hovering over: I have changed the options to make it so that when I click and drag, the selection box is red but now I want to make it so that when I hover over icons their background appears red instead of the light blue/gray. Is it possible to change the background color from the image...
  10. How is this happened when I hover them?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How is this happened when I hover them?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/achia70 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hop86o/how_is_this_happened_when_i_hover_them/