Windows 10: Started in safe mode with networking and now won’t accept my pin wants a password Idk...

Discus and support Started in safe mode with networking and now won’t accept my pin wants a password Idk... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Started in safe mode with networking and now won’t accept my pin wants a password Idk Locked out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by markcarlson5, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Started in safe mode with networking and now won’t accept my pin wants a password Idk...

Started in safe mode with networking and now won’t accept my pin wants a password Idk Locked out

:)

markcarlson5, Oct 25, 2020
  2. davidhk Win User

Starting in Safe Mode - Password is not accepted

My suggestion only.

If you have time, please do a Repair Install.
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

davidhk, Oct 25, 2020
  3. Hoggorm Win User
    Starting in Safe Mode - Password is not accepted

Hi,

I would like to start Windows 10 in Safe Mode, but when doing so and asked for my password it will not work.

I normally use a pin code. The only password I can remember to have used on this machine is the password used with Microsoft OneDrive and it is not accepted when trying to log in... This password is however accepted when starting normally (without Safe Mode).

Any ideas what can be wrong and how I can access Safe Mode?

Hoggorm, Oct 25, 2020
  4. Started in safe mode with networking and now won’t accept my pin wants a password Idk...

safe mode won't accept password

I followed these instructions to boot into safe mode to deal with a graphics driver issue:

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

This seemed unnecessarily complex, but I was reassured by the checkbox for "make this change permanent", which I DID NOT CHECK.

When the thing boots, I get a low resolution display and no network, so it appears to be safe mode.

It will not accept my PIN.

How do I cancel safe mode? When I reboot I am still in safe mode.

Or, failing that, how do I get it to accept my PIN?

In the many other times people have posted this question, it is suggested they boot safe mode with networking. That option seems to no longer be available. It is not in the list of options I get when I shift-click the power button on the signin screen and
    select "restart".

AmyHughes1, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

Started in safe mode with networking and now won’t accept my pin wants a password Idk...

1. Started in safe mode with networking and now won’t accept my pin wants a password Idk... - Similar Threads - Started safe mode

2. Windows 10 Safe mode won’t accept my password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Safe mode won’t accept my password?: Hi, hope someone can help or point me in the right direction. I am trying to get into safe mode on my laptop but it asks for a password. I’m assuming it’s my Microsoft password which isn’t accepted. I can’t remember the first password I would have used on this laptop. Is...
  3. Windows 10 Safe mode won’t accept my password?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Safe mode won’t accept my password?: Hi, hope someone can help or point me in the right direction. I am trying to get into safe mode on my laptop but it asks for a password. I’m assuming it’s my Microsoft password which isn’t accepted. I can’t remember the first password I would have used on this laptop. Is...
  4. Windows 10 Safe mode won’t accept my password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Password won’t be accepted in safe mode

Password won’t be accepted in safe mode: I thought my computer may have a virus and a told me to restart in safe mode so i did and i put in my password but it wont accept it. I have tried everthing and read every article or fourm regarding this issue but none of them have worked. Please help, thanks...
  6. Safe Mode not accepting my password

Safe Mode not accepting my password: Hey, I started my PC in Safe Mode -minimal- to try and fix an issue I was having with my monitor. Once my computer restarted I was unable to login to my computer, I have tried old password, restarting in Safe Mode with Networking but nothing seems to be working....
  7. in safe mode and it will not accept my password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    in safe mode and it will not accept my password: I have been try something from the microsoft web-site tellingme to try and run this office program ,so it told me to open the the computer up using the safe-mode whichi did, when it restarted it ask me for mypassword, which i put in, and all it said is incorrect password...
  8. Restarted in Safe Mode and now my pin won’t work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restarted in Safe Mode and now my pin won’t work: I was having issues with updating my graphics card so I was going to uninstall my graphics in safe mode. I told my computer to restart in safe mode. When it rebooted and asked for my password, it wouldn’t take it. I always signin using my pin number. I know I’m typing it...
  9. Safe mode windows 10 won’t accept password

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Safe mode windows 10 won’t accept password: in normal mode I use a 4 numeral password to enter windows. I entered safe mode. I had a request to enter a password and i entered the 4 digits. After repeated attempts it appeared that it might take yet the response came back stating incorrect password. Choosing an option...
  10. Starting in Safe Mode - Password is not accepted

in Windows 10 Support
    Starting in Safe Mode - Password is not accepted: Hi, I would like to start Windows 10 in Safe Mode, but when doing so and asked for my password it will not work. I normally use a pin code. The only password I can remember to have used on this machine is the password used with Microsoft OneDrive and it is not accepted...