Windows 10: Starting a few months ago, shortly after the next to last Windows 10 update, I started...

Discus and support Starting a few months ago, shortly after the next to last Windows 10 update, I started... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I get these blue screen error messages telling me that there was an error and the computer has to restart. In the beginning it was only occasionally... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MartiRRC, Jan 12, 2020.

1. MartiRRC Win User

Starting a few months ago, shortly after the next to last Windows 10 update, I started...

I get these blue screen error messages telling me that there was an error and the computer has to restart. In the beginning it was only occasionally but the past day or two it has become at least a few a day. The stop code is not always the same and on the Microsoft stop code page only two of the four codes I get from time to time only one at a time pops up are listed. I'm not a computer whiz so even for those two I would never endeavor to go through the process described on the Microsoft web page. My entire business is on this laptop and I can't afford to risk having the whole computer crash on me. Yes, I have either the original installation disks or access to a new download on the web but buying a new computer now and reinstalling all these programs and restoring all the data files just isn't an option right now. Does anyone know why I would start seeing all these blue screen stop codes over the past few months? I've installed updates to Quickbooks 2019 and 2018 in addition to updates to my tax software and the new 2019 tax program but there is so much in that directory that it is simply unrealistic to remove it all and then reinstall it. I'm hoping there is some reasonable answer as to what would cause this at this point in time. I've had this laptop with the Windows 10 on it for almost two years and this never happened before maybe around October although I really don't remember the exact point where this started.

:)

MartiRRC, Jan 12, 2020

2. Windows 10 hangs shortly after start

Hi, I upgraded to Windows 10 recently, and for about a month, I was happy. Then one day, about three or four weeks ago, it stopped working - it would boot fine, and then hang shortly after booting (about 10 seconds). Obviously I started in safe mode, but
    the same thing happened. So, no safe mode, and ten seconds to work with, makes it a bit hard to fix.

I'm running it on a hand built PC, with a SSHD.

What should I check first? (assume I am not computer literate - I used to be, but that was a long time ago).

Regards

Tim

TimboBlimbo, Jan 12, 2020
  3. Back up in Windows 10 dated a month ago

Hi,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

As the initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to stop and start the File History service
    and check if that helps. Here is the steps:

• Press Windows+R key and type services.msc.
    • Look for File History Service and select it.
    • In the left pane, select Restart the service.
    Hope this helps. Let us know if the issue still persists and we'll be happy to help you.

Navneet Anand, Jan 12, 2020
  4. ruff0r Win User

Starting a few months ago, shortly after the next to last Windows 10 update, I started...

Cannot Start the Star Wars Battlefront beta

Search Results

ruff0r, Jan 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Starting a few months ago, shortly after the next to last Windows 10 update, I started... - Similar Threads - Starting few months

2. Laptop start lagging shortly after start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop start lagging shortly after start up: Hi.Past few days, my laptop start lagging shortly after start up for about 5 min. Mouse and keyboard moves very slow, the videos playing and other processes still running fine, and for some programs like Task Manager or service.msc when i click mouse on, keyboard and mouse...
  3. Laptop start lagging shortly after start up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop start lagging shortly after start up: Hi.Past few days, my laptop start lagging shortly after start up for about 5 min. Mouse and keyboard moves very slow, the videos playing and other processes still running fine, and for some programs like Task Manager or service.msc when i click mouse on, keyboard and mouse...
  4. Help! Problem after the update of Windows 10 a month ago.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help! Problem after the update of Windows 10 a month ago.: Then my files on desktop were transferred automatically to windows(c) and all passwords were gone. My bigger problem is that - everytime I put my laptop to sleep, it has some updates and I have to login to everything (email, spotify, github, canva etc). It happens every 2...
  5. Start menu not working after last update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu not working after last update: I have Windows 10 and after the last forced update I cannot access my start menu. The key at the bottom left of my screen does nothing when clicked, quick access on my keyboard also gets no response. I have run several cleanup tasks including an sfc through powershell and...
  6. Last windows update a few days ago

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Last windows update a few days ago: Since the windows 10 update a few days ago, a lot of my Microsoft products do not seem to be working properly. It seems odd to me that they release these updates before they see how they react with programs etc that they manage. Like Microsoft Solitaire. It keeps turning...
  7. Starting about a month ago, the restart on a windows 10 computer is extremely slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Starting about a month ago, the restart on a windows 10 computer is extremely slow: The event viewer shows some problem under Diagnostics-Performance/Operational: Error Windows has shutdown: Shutdown Duration : 118993ms IsDegradation : false Incident Time UTC : ‎2020‎-‎02‎-‎29T17:35:31.286745200Z Critical Windows has started up:...
  8. A few months ago One Drive started acting up after a windows update and since then it needs...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    A few months ago One Drive started acting up after a windows update and since then it needs...: I know this is the wrong forum to post this in but with the OneDrive forum being locked, I have nowhere else to turn. So this has to be a close enough category. For a year now One Drive was working perfectly. But several months ago (I've lost track of how many) something...
  9. Windows 10 has started randomly freezing in the last month

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 has started randomly freezing in the last month: Hi all, I have a desktop PC which is about 4 years old and I upgraded it to Windows 10 as soon as it was available. I have had no problems since the upgrade until very recently. However in the last month or so, Windows has started freezing randomly after about 20-40...
  10. Upcoming Creators Update Sometime next month a Few Questions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upcoming Creators Update Sometime next month a Few Questions: Hi All As you probably know I just recently got my very very first SSD, trying to limit amount of writes to it, so wondering how I handle Creators update install, Option A over the top of 1607 via WIndows update, and keep everything, Option B: start the upgrade, and select...