Windows 10: starting a game shuts down programs like plex, itunes and netflix

Discus and support starting a game shuts down programs like plex, itunes and netflix in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Not sure where the issue is but when I start a game like world of Warcraft, factorio etc several programs if running close down automatically,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RobinOosterbeek, Jan 26, 2019.

1. starting a game shuts down programs like plex, itunes and netflix

Not sure where the issue is but when I start a game like world of Warcraft, factorio etc several programs if running close down automatically,

:)

RobinOosterbeek, Jan 26, 2019

2. netflix icon disappeared from start screen

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community Forums. We are glad to help you.

I suggest you to try the steps given below and check:

• Type Netflix in the search bar and hit
      enter.

• Right click on Netflix and select the option
      pin to start.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Thanks and regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Jan 26, 2019
  3. Netflix

Hi Marshall3,

There could be a number of factors as to why you are having issues launching the Netflix app. This could be caused by a software conflict or due to an issue with the application itself.

I suggest that you reset your Netflix application by following the steps provided below:

• Go to Settings > Apps > Apps & Features.
    • Click the Netflix app from the list and then choose Advanced options.
    • Click Reset.

If the issue persists, you can consider uninstalling and reinstalling the device. To uninstall, follow these steps:

• Go to Settings > Apps > Apps & Features.
    • Click the Netflix app from the list and then choose Uninstall.

Let us know how it goes and we'll assist you further if needed.

Monica Cam, Jan 26, 2019
  4. Argel Obm Win User

starting a game shuts down programs like plex, itunes and netflix

iTunes not starting after WIN 10 Creators Update

There may be a problem with the iTunes program that is why it is not launching whenever you're attempting to access it. Let us repair iTunes through
    Programs and Features under Control Panel to resolve the issue. To do this, follow these steps:

• Delete iTunes shortcuts from the Start menu, Desktop, and Task bar.
    • Access Control Panel.
    • Click Programs and Features.
    • Look for iTunes, and then right click it.
    • Choose Repair.
    • Follow the repair prompt and wait for the repair process to finish running.
    • After running the repair process, check if you can start iTunes.
    Let us know how it goes after following the steps above.

Argel Obm, Jan 26, 2019
Thema:

starting a game shuts down programs like plex, itunes and netflix

1. starting a game shuts down programs like plex, itunes and netflix - Similar Threads - starting game shuts

2. PC shuts down when starting a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC shuts down when starting a game: Just built and set up my new PC with Win 11 installed all necessary programs and drivers. When starting a game e.g. Hell let loose it loads for a moment, then the PC fans run on max for a second and the PC shuts down.No error message, it just cuts off.. I opened HWMonitor on...
  3. PC shuts down when starting a game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC shuts down when starting a game: Just built and set up my new PC with Win 11 installed all necessary programs and drivers. When starting a game e.g. Hell let loose it loads for a moment, then the PC fans run on max for a second and the PC shuts down.No error message, it just cuts off.. I opened HWMonitor on...
  4. iTunes shuts down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    iTunes shuts down: Using Windows 11, downloaded latest version of iTunes through Microsoft Store. Problem:#1 - When "Store" from the Main Menu is clicked, iTunes shuts down. #2 - When drop down items are chosen with "Account" and "Help", iTunes shuts down....
  5. iTunes shuts down

iTunes shuts down: Using Windows 11, downloaded latest version of iTunes through Microsoft Store. Problem:#1 - When "Store" from the Main Menu is clicked, iTunes shuts down. #2 - When drop down items are chosen with "Account" and "Help", iTunes shuts down....
  6. Program refusing to shut down

Program refusing to shut down: Good afternoon,Recently Windows 11 has been installed over Windows 10 on my laptop and unfortunately I am left with a problem whereby I cannot get a photo viewer Breezebrowser to shut down. Also, Windows 11 is not responding to rolling back to Windows 10 or shutting down.I...
  7. PC randomly shuts down just like I ordered it to shut down in the middle of gaming,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC randomly shuts down just like I ordered it to shut down in the middle of gaming,...: I am posting all the errors and events in the Windows Logs\System category leading to the process initiating the power off of the computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-randomly-shuts-down-just-like-i-ordered-it-to/5be82472-d184-494a-8444-f244c6bc8c05
  8. PC randomly shuts down just like I ordered it to shut down in the middle of gaming,...

PC randomly shuts down just like I ordered it to shut down in the middle of gaming,...: I am posting all the errors and events in the Windows Logs\System category leading to the process initiating the power off of the computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-randomly-shuts-down-just-like-i-ordered-it-to/5be82472-d184-494a-8444-f244c6bc8c05
  9. PC randomly shuts down just like I ordered it to shut down in the middle of gaming,...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC randomly shuts down just like I ordered it to shut down in the middle of gaming,...: I am posting all the errors and events leading to the process initiating the power off of the computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-randomly-shuts-down-just-like-i-ordered-it-to/5be82472-d184-494a-8444-f244c6bc8c05
  10. Programs shutting down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs shutting down: My Windows 10 keeps closing all of my programs and the white Windows 10 box keeps popping up asking to shut down. I can't play anything in VLC for more than 5-10 minutes before it all shuts down. Same with Chrome and other programs. One store said it was a bad harddrive and...