Windows 10: Starting a program not produced by Microsoft generates a weird alert

Discus and support Starting a program not produced by Microsoft generates a weird alert in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi Everybody, Windows1-10 20H2 (OS build 19042.804) I've been living with this minor irritant for a long time. I wonder if I can find a setting that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jPaulB, May 4, 2021.

1. jPaulB Win User

Starting a program not produced by Microsoft generates a weird alert

Hi Everybody, Windows1-10 20H2 (OS build 19042.804) I've been living with this minor irritant for a long time. I wonder if I can find a setting that will allow me to simply go around this weird-issue and never make me look at it again. Whenever I start a program (that was not produced by Microsoft) I will get an alert asking if "I really want want to let this program make changes to my device?" The alert will kick whatever program is in focus to the background, and display the desktop image along with that alert. It doesn't look like I can do anything else other than respond with a "YES" or "NO". Can anyone tell me what the idea is about this alert, and how to avoid it? Many thanks, Paul

:)

jPaulB, May 4, 2021
  2. jPaulB Win User

Hi Everybody,

Windows1-10 20H2 (OS build 19042.804)
    I've been living with this minor irritant for a long time. I wonder if I can find a setting that will allow me to simply go around this weird-issue and never make me look at it again.

Whenever I start a program (that was not produced by Microsoft) I will get an alert asking if "I really want want to let this program make changes to my device?"
    The alert will kick whatever program is in focus to the background, and display the desktop image along with that alert. It doesn't look like I can do anything else other than respond with a "YES" or "NO".

Can anyone tell me what the idea is about this alert, and how to avoid it?

Many thanks,

Paul

jPaulB, May 5, 2021
  3. Starting a program not produced by Microsoft generates a weird alert

That notification is normal for programs being ran as an administrator.

RJARRRPCGP, May 5, 2021
  4. jPaulB Win User

Thank you, Samuria and Piko,

You're right Samauria! The are are a lot of programs that I use that were not produced by Microsoft. It appears that the O/S notices that they are not Microsoft "originals" and kicks off that message.
    AS far a I know, Microsoft has been doing this since Windows XP. I just want to get rid of the alert and allow my choices to run without this interference.

Gotta be a way.

Paul

jPaulB, May 5, 2021
Thema:

1. Starting a program not produced by Microsoft generates a weird alert - Similar Threads - Starting program produced

2. Microsoft servers generating DGA alerts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft servers generating DGA alerts: We have multiple DGA alerts generated by servers windows 2012. These are configured DCs and we are seeing randomly generated domains with added suffix.After research we got this article...
  3. Microsoft servers generating DGA alerts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft servers generating DGA alerts: We have multiple DGA alerts generated by servers windows 2012. These are configured DCs and we are seeing randomly generated domains with added suffix.After research we got this article...
  4. Microsoft servers generating DGA alerts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Microsoft start menu weird glitch

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft start menu weird glitch: Whenever I open anything Microsoft example start menu or Xbox app or the Microsoft store it just does this https://youtu.be/MNtuRoiILN0 pls help I just want to use the xbox app to talk to my friends but I cant pls pls help...
  6. desktop wallpaper slideshow producing weird split pictures

in Windows 10 Customization
    desktop wallpaper slideshow producing weird split pictures: can you guys explain this? I have a dir I use for the slideshow in this OS and NONE of them are split. they are single pictures only. Randomly I will get a pic that you see below. this is split in 2 frames, 2 different pics that are actually IN the dir! Sometimes I will...
  7. My program to generate website

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My program to generate website: I made a program with autoit which can generate web pages from text files and photos. It also converts folders into buttons. Clicking the buttons will open the web pages. Program can be downloaded below. Any comments are welcome....
  8. Microsoft Warning Alert

Microsoft Warning Alert: Is this real? My system is locked. It gives me a phone number but I'm skeptical. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-warning-alert/d68b16e5-a068-44bb-b44a-a39c66e7de60"
  9. Security alert on C:\Program...

Security alert on C:\Program...: Symantec Security Suite is warning me that the file video.ui.exe in the C:\Program Files\Microsoft.ZuneVideo_10.19011.11311.0_x648wekyb3d8bbewe folder is not signed and has an "Unproven" trust level. Is this safe? If yes, why isn't Microsoft signing their code?...
  10. Security alert on C:\Program...

Security alert on C:\Program...: Symantec Security Suite is warning me that the file video.ui.exe in the C:\Program Files\Microsoft.ZuneVideo_10.19011.11311.0_x648wekyb3d8bbewe folder is not signed and has an "Unproven" trust level. Is this safe? If yes, why isn't Microsoft signing their code?...