Windows 10: Starting a program without running it as administrator

Discus and support Starting a program without running it as administrator in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I just installed Photoshop CS6 and whenever I want to open it, it requires administration and I have to click "yes". Is there a way to stop this? The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/harukami06, Jan 29, 2020.

1. Starting a program without running it as administrator

I just installed Photoshop CS6 and whenever I want to open it, it requires administration and I have to click "yes". Is there a way to stop this? The program seems like it's set to always run as administrator since there's a shield icon on it. But the option in the properties isn't checked. What should I do?

submitted by /u/harukami06
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/harukami06, Jan 29, 2020
  2. Jose Est Win User

a program on windows 10 can only be started with "Run as an adminstrator"

Hi Jaap,

If a program is configured to Always Run as an Administrator, there is a possibility that the program is protected from unauthorized access.

For us to isolate your issue and provide an appropriate resolution, we would like to know the following:

• Is the issue isolated only on a specific program?
    • Are you using an administrator account?

In the meantime, we have steps that we can try to allow a program to run in standard mode. Here are the steps below:

• Type in the "program name" in the Search box.
    • Right-click on the program and select Open file location.
    • Right-click on the program and click Properties.
    • Click the Compatibility tab.
    • Under the Settings section, uncheck Run this program as an administrator.

Let us know if you need anything else.

Jose Est, Jan 29, 2020
  3. Joe9090 Win User
    Running Programs for a standard user

Hello

You mentioned checking the the box 'Run as Administrator'

This is the opposite of what I require ,I wanted to avoid running programs as admin . By unchecking 'Run As Administrator' I am still getting an admin credential verification prompt

Any further suggestions ?

Joe9090, Jan 29, 2020
  4. Starting a program without running it as administrator

Windows 10 and starting a program as administrator

We can run as administrator simply by right clicking on the shortcut and clicking "Run as administrator".

Another possibility is to change properties of the shortcut so that right clicking is not necessary. The steps to do this are as follows:

1. Right click on the program (shortcut)
    2. Click on Properties
    3. Navigate to the Shortcut tab and find "Choose enhanced properties of this shortcut"
    4. Click on Advanced...
    5. Check Run as administrator
    6. Click OK twice
    7. (Optional) Rename the shortcut to know it runs under administrator rights

Previous method can make two independent shortcuts.
    Another option:
    Note that following method changes rights to the whole program, so you cannot have two independent shortcuts for a single program. If you just want to run program as administrator by right clicking, that is also valid option. The below changes rights to all shortcuts of the program.

1. Right click on the program (shortcut)
    2. Click on Properties
    3. Navigate to the Compatibility tab
    4. Check Run this program as administrator
    5. Click OK

weatherman, Jan 29, 2020
Thema:

Starting a program without running it as administrator

1. Starting a program without running it as administrator - Similar Threads - Starting program without

2. Opening Install Program Run Without Administrator Permission

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Opening Install Program Run Without Administrator Permission: sir,My Windows 10 home Version 22H2 OS Build 19045.3996 After Install Program Opening Without Administrator Permission Please Help Me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-install-program-run-without-administrator/ed2ef817-6b0b-49c0-bbc4-1fb4e552da90
  3. Opening Install Program Run Without Administrator Permission

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Opening Install Program Run Without Administrator Permission: sir,My Windows 10 home Version 22H2 OS Build 19045.3996 After Install Program Opening Without Administrator Permission Please Help Me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-install-program-run-without-administrator/ed2ef817-6b0b-49c0-bbc4-1fb4e552da90
  4. After Install Program Run Without Administrator Permission

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After Install Program Run Without Administrator Permission: sir,My Windows 10 home Version 22H2 OS Build 19045.3996 After Install Program Run Without Administrator Permission Please Help Me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-install-program-run-without-administrator/ed2ef817-6b0b-49c0-bbc4-1fb4e552da90
  5. installing and starting programs for users without prompt for administrator credentials

installing and starting programs for users without prompt for administrator credentials: Hello everyone,I am a sysadmin in a midsized company. We have our domain with Windows server 2008. and 2012. This problem that i am about to present is troubling me and my colleagues for some time now, so i will appreciate any help or advice. The following happens: we have...
  6. installing and starting programs for users without prompt for administrator credentials

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    installing and starting programs for users without prompt for administrator credentials: Hello everyone,I am a sysadmin in a midsized company. We have our domain with Windows server 2008. and 2012. This problem that i am about to present is troubling me and my colleagues for some time now, so i will appreciate any help or advice. The following happens: we have...
  7. Programs always run as administrator without checking "Run this program as an administrator"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Programs always run as administrator without checking "Run this program as an administrator": Hello as the title says random things have an administrator icon shield thing and when I open it, it says Do you want to allow this program, etc normal run as administrator stuff and when I go in properties then compatibility I don't have checked "Run this program as an...
  8. cannot install a program without "run as administrator"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    cannot install a program without "run as administrator": Hello A while ago, I did format my laptop But I ran into a strange problem Namely, I cannot install a program without run as administrator https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-install-a-program-without-run-as/c6508078-fe17-4ebb-a0ae-f26d5b8e02fa
  9. Allow program to run without administrator privileges

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Allow program to run without administrator privileges: I have a program that I want a user in my "users" group to be able to run, but I don't want to put the user in the "Administrators" group. The program currently requires elevation to run. Can I remove this? I have given the "users" group full control of the folder that the...
  10. Programs won't start when trying to run as administrator

Programs won't start when trying to run as administrator: Hello. I have run into an interesting issue. User needs an application installed from Software Center (SCCM package is ok, since I have done this 10 times already without any issues) User is signed in and this software in questions needs to be installed by administrator....