Windows 10: Starting about a month ago, the restart on a windows 10 computer is extremely slow

Discus and support Starting about a month ago, the restart on a windows 10 computer is extremely slow in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; The event viewer shows some problem under Diagnostics-Performance/Operational: Error Windows has shutdown: Shutdown Duration : 118993ms... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by TomKoenning, Feb 29, 2020.

1. Starting about a month ago, the restart on a windows 10 computer is extremely slow

The event viewer shows some problem under Diagnostics-Performance/Operational:

Error

Windows has shutdown:

Shutdown Duration : 118993ms

IsDegradation : false

Incident Time UTC : ‎2020‎-‎02‎-‎29T17:35:31.286745200Z

Critical

Windows has started up:

Boot Duration : 391628ms

IsDegradation : false

Incident Time UTC : ‎2020‎-‎02‎-‎29T13:31:57.715538600Z

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Tom K

:)

TomKoenning, Feb 29, 2020

2. Windows 10 slow Startup and Start Menu not working

Installed windows 10 more than a month ago and was working fine. Now start up has become extremely slow and the start menu does not function. the computer functions normally other than those two things. How do i fix this?

RogerBonneau, Feb 29, 2020
  3. Back up in Windows 10 dated a month ago

Hi,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

As the initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to stop and start the File History service
    and check if that helps. Here is the steps:

• Press Windows+R key and type services.msc.
    • Look for File History Service and select it.
    • In the left pane, select Restart the service.
    Hope this helps. Let us know if the issue still persists and we'll be happy to help you.

Navneet Anand, Feb 29, 2020
  4. Starting about a month ago, the restart on a windows 10 computer is extremely slow

Extreme slow down and slow restart in Windows 8.1 after hours of usage

Lenovo s210, Windows 8 regular 64 bit upgraded to Windows 8.1 through store, Windows 8 is preinstalled with the new system

Since a month or 2 ago, when I use my computer for a couple of hours in 1 go, my computer will slow down. Sound menu from the notification area will not pop up, I can't open new programs or new windows, and some programs that are already opened will stop working. I can still go start menu and restart my computer, but I usually have to wait for at least 5~10 minutes until I can successfully restart my computer

I remembered when this used to happen on Windows XP, it's because I ran out of system resources, but I don't see why this could happen on my current system. My computer has 4 GB ram and 100 GB of free space, and from my periodic observation of my Task Manager, I never reach 80% of ram usage at any point in time. I never had this problem with Windows 7, so I am suprised to see it again in Windows 8.1.

To prevent running out of system resources too often, I turned off idle system mainteance, but it only allowed me to go on for a couple hours more before I had to restart.

When I don't use my comptuer, I only put it on standby instead of turning it off, I did the same thing with Windows 7 and I didn't have any problems.

I did Windows built in memory test and it said the memory has no errors.

For the most part, I only use Windows Explorer, Firefox, Notepad++ on a regular basis, and I don't have many programs on startup except driver utilities and security software in the taskbar notification area.

I used windows 8 for like less than 5 days, but I have used windows 8.1 for at least 4 months. During this time there were several problems, but the major updates solved some problems while introducing more.

The slow down is a new problem for me, it usually happens when I leave the computer, then come back and then the slowdown happens. I am not sure what it's doing when it's idling. I don't use any fancy screen savor, just the screen turning off after 3 minutes of idling.

JebusPrime, Feb 29, 2020
Thema:

Starting about a month ago, the restart on a windows 10 computer is extremely slow

1. Starting about a month ago, the restart on a windows 10 computer is extremely slow - Similar Threads - Starting month ago

2. VIDEO TDR FAILURE NO BSOD - Issue started about one month ago

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VIDEO TDR FAILURE NO BSOD - Issue started about one month ago: PC Specs:CPU: Ryzen 5800xMotherboard: RogStrix x570-EGPU: 2060S FERAM: 32GB 3600hz 8*4Storage: 2 of 1TB nVme and 1 2TB HDDIssue started about one month ago, the pc was built brand new by me in august 2021 beside GPU that was from last build.Latest DUMP file --> LINKGOOGLE...
  3. VIDEO TDR FAILURE NO BSOD - Issue started about one month ago

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    VIDEO TDR FAILURE NO BSOD - Issue started about one month ago: PC Specs:CPU: Ryzen 5800xMotherboard: RogStrix x570-EGPU: 2060S FERAM: 32GB 3600hz 8*4Storage: 2 of 1TB nVme and 1 2TB HDDIssue started about one month ago, the pc was built brand new by me in august 2021 beside GPU that was from last build.Latest DUMP file --> LINKGOOGLE...
  4. This has started about a month ago, but my computer has started to change settings on it's own.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This has started about a month ago, but my computer has started to change settings on it's own.: It just started to be a google chrome problem. The search engine changed to yahoo and tabs were closing. This happened for a good two weeks, and then, just when I opened this computer up, it felt like a whole new computer. The computer settings like dark and light mode was...
  5. This has started about a month ago, but my computer has started to change settings on it's own.

This has started about a month ago, but my computer has started to change settings on it's own.: It just started to be a google chrome problem. The search engine changed to yahoo and tabs were closing. This happened for a good two weeks, and then, just when I opened this computer up, it felt like a whole new computer. The computer settings like dark and light mode was...
  6. My computer is running slow and want to fix it. This just started about a month ago

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is running slow and want to fix it. This just started about a month ago: My computer is running slow and want to fix it. This just started about a month ago https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-is-running-slow-and-want-to-fix-it/43e69216-5acd-420d-afc7-52d951f17a2b
  7. My computer is running slow and want to fix it. This just started about a month ago

My computer is running slow and want to fix it. This just started about a month ago: My computer is running slow and want to fix it. This just started about a month ago https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-is-running-slow-and-want-to-fix-it/43e69216-5acd-420d-afc7-52d951f17a2b
  8. My computer is running slow and want to fix it. This just started about a month ago

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. I have an asus windows 10 laptop about 3 years old. About a month ago it started...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have an asus windows 10 laptop about 3 years old. About a month ago it started...: online or off, totally random and would not be able to reconnect for hours or days. Once disconnected, it would not show me any available networks. Yet my ancient laptop with Windows 7 which I am using right now, connects easily as does my phone and my visitors' laptops....
  10. Windows 10 | Computer extremely slow overnight

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 | Computer extremely slow overnight: Hi, Lately I've been having some issues with my Dell Precision 5530. When I come to check the computer overnight the clock on the login screen has stopped working. This has happend to me twice and now this is the indicator that the computer is now going to lagging and be...