Windows 10: Starting as clean as I want to go on with Windows 10

Discus and support Starting as clean as I want to go on with Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So, here is my situation. I have a custom made computer that has never been started up, and has NO operating system on it. I know what I want it to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TheySayISay, Jan 25, 2021.

1. Starting as clean as I want to go on with Windows 10

[COLOR=rgba40, 40, 40, 1]So, here is my situation. I have a custom made computer that has never been started up, and has NO operating system on it. I know what I want it to look like. Or I know just enough to THINK I know what I want.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba40, 40, 40, 1] [/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba40, 40, 40, 1]The plan/dream iswas this. Install a completely clean version of Win 10. Only programs I have chosen will go on the computer.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba40, 40, 40, 1]Clean to me means nothing but Win 10. Bloatware to me means any program that is not the operating system. So bloatware includes, Edge, Microsoft Store, Skype, One Note, etc. And of course, the most dreaded, Cortana.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba40, 40, 40, 1]I start my research, and reality started setting in. From what I can see, there is no such thing as a "pure" install of Win 10. It will always come with some programs, and the only way to get rid of them is to get some sort of bloatware removal program.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba40, 40, 40, 1]But even if I do uninstall them, I have read things mentioning that Win programs could NEVER truly be uninstalled, that there would always be something left of them, a way for them to reactivate themselves with the next update tales form the crypt anyone?.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba40, 40, 40, 1]Now, for the summary of questions:[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba40, 40, 40, 1]1. If deleting the bloatware programs after installation is the only way to get Win 10 clean, which program will do this the best?[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba40, 40, 40, 1]2. Will the bloatware go away completely forever? PLEASE at least let Cortana be able to go away[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba40, 40, 40, 1]3. Is deleting any of these programs going to cause problems with the running of the operating system?[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba40, 40, 40, 1]Is it so much to just want only an operating system?[/COLOR]

:)

TheySayISay, Jan 25, 2021
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Jan 25, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 25, 2021
  4. Starting as clean as I want to go on with Windows 10

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jan 25, 2021
Thema:

Starting as clean as I want to go on with Windows 10

1. Starting as clean as I want to go on with Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Starting clean

2. Doing clean install of Windows 10 after restart, it starts from beginning - loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Doing clean install of Windows 10 after restart, it starts from beginning - loop: It sees the newly installed Windows files and saves them as windows.old and starts from the very beginning. I tried 3 times each time on a different drive. Loops every time..... background Dell Precision T7600 Perc8 SAS controller - three drives all formatted before...
  3. Windows 10 update 20h2 wants to delete everything and start clean.

Windows 10 update 20h2 wants to delete everything and start clean.: I went to update my Windows and was told my machine is ready for Windows 10 update 20h2. However once the update downloaded and went through it's steps, I was prompted to 'Choose what to keep' and the ONLY option is NOTHING: Everything will be deleted, including files, apps...
  4. is there a way to do a clean install in 2004 like fresh start in 1903 ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    is there a way to do a clean install in 2004 like fresh start in 1903 ?: iirc the fresh start was different in that instead of just wiping the windows installation, it actually downloaded a latest copy of windows and installed that while wiping everything (or keeping personal files). I see that option is gone now and only the Reset is there. Does...
  5. my mouse suddenly started doing this, I've changed ports, cleaned it, help

my mouse suddenly started doing this, I've changed ports, cleaned it, help: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Wraithmainbtwxd [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k173sl/my_mouse_suddenly_started_doing_this_ive_changed/
  6. Automated Windows 10 clean install using USB for multiple units, how to get started?

Automated Windows 10 clean install using USB for multiple units, how to get started?: Hi Reddit, I work in a workplace where we clean install and update windows 10 home machines on a daily basis as a service for our costumers. As of the moment, we manually install pc's using the windows tool with usb-sticks but this is a time consuming process for time we...
  7. Windows start menu does not work after Clean Reinstall

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows start menu does not work after Clean Reinstall: I am facing a very strange issue with my Dell G7 7588 i7-8750h laptop, Please note these are the following issues and have not been able sot solve the problem past 1 month. 1. I am not able to move or arrange the tiles on windows start screen. 2. The start menu flickers...
  8. Trying to reset and clean install windows. The laptop wont even start now.

Trying to reset and clean install windows. The laptop wont even start now.: Hello, I was resetting my old hp 15-ac121TU (N8M17PA) laptop as I was about to sell it. After the reset, the laptop wont sign in as there were no users anymore. So i decided to clean install the Windows 10. I got a bootable USB using Media Creation Tool from a different...
  9. All links to programs lost - started with clean slate?

All links to programs lost - started with clean slate?: When I booted my computer up, it told me I had to log out. When it came back up and I logged in it was as if I started WIndows with a new slate - nothing was loaded or set up? My data is still out there on the hard drive, so that is not an issue. But, all programs were like...
  10. Clean start instead of resuming from hibernation and Vivaldi cookies

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Clean start instead of resuming from hibernation and Vivaldi cookies: I had a problem with my computer - last night I hibernated it, which I assume completed fine, as it turned off but I didn't monitor it closely or anything. I am running Windows 10 Pro version 2004 (OS build 19041.450) with latest updates. Today when I turned it on, it...