Windows 10: Starting as clean as I want to go on with Windows 10

Discus and support Starting as clean as I want to go on with Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So, here is my situation. I have a custom made computer that has never been started up, and has NO operating system on it. I know what I want it to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TheySayISay, Jan 25, 2021.

1. Starting as clean as I want to go on with Windows 10

[COLOR=rgba40, 40, 40, 1]So, here is my situation. I have a custom made computer that has never been started up, and has NO operating system on it. I know what I want it to look like. Or I know just enough to THINK I know what I want.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba40, 40, 40, 1] [/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba40, 40, 40, 1]The plan/dream iswas this. Install a completely clean version of Win 10. Only programs I have chosen will go on the computer.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba40, 40, 40, 1]Clean to me means nothing but Win 10. Bloatware to me means any program that is not the operating system. So bloatware includes, Edge, Microsoft Store, Skype, One Note, etc. And of course, the most dreaded, Cortana.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba40, 40, 40, 1]I start my research, and reality started setting in. From what I can see, there is no such thing as a "pure" install of Win 10. It will always come with some programs, and the only way to get rid of them is to get some sort of bloatware removal program.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba40, 40, 40, 1]But even if I do uninstall them, I have read things mentioning that Win programs could NEVER truly be uninstalled, that there would always be something left of them, a way for them to reactivate themselves with the next update tales form the crypt anyone?.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba40, 40, 40, 1]Now, for the summary of questions:[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba40, 40, 40, 1]1. If deleting the bloatware programs after installation is the only way to get Win 10 clean, which program will do this the best?[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba40, 40, 40, 1]2. Will the bloatware go away completely forever? PLEASE at least let Cortana be able to go away[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba40, 40, 40, 1]3. Is deleting any of these programs going to cause problems with the running of the operating system?[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba40, 40, 40, 1]Is it so much to just want only an operating system?[/COLOR]

:)

TheySayISay, Jan 25, 2021
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Jan 25, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 25, 2021
  4. Starting as clean as I want to go on with Windows 10

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jan 25, 2021
Thema:

Starting as clean as I want to go on with Windows 10

1. Starting as clean as I want to go on with Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Starting clean

2. Windows 10 clean install crashes before it even starts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 clean install crashes before it even starts: Hello,I am trying to install Windows 10 in my new build, but I'm having several issues. The last, and most frustrating issue, is that Windows installer doesn't even start. About 10 seconds after Windows logo appears, it crashes and the system reboots. I can't even get to the...
  3. Windows 10 clean install crashes before it even starts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 clean install crashes before it even starts: Hello,I am trying to install Windows 10 in my new build, but I'm having several issues. The last, and most frustrating issue, is that Windows installer doesn't even start. About 10 seconds after Windows logo appears, it crashes and the system reboots. I can't even get to the...
  4. Windows 10 clean install crashes before it even starts

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I bought a used Acer laptop. It has somebody else's info. How do I wipe it clean and start...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I bought a used Acer laptop. It has somebody else's info. How do I wipe it clean and start...: I bought a older used Acer laptop. I cannot get passed sign in page. I need to wipe it back to factory reset and I don't know how. Help please...
  6. I bought a used Acer laptop. It has somebody else's info. How do I wipe it clean and start...

I bought a used Acer laptop. It has somebody else's info. How do I wipe it clean and start...: I bought a older used Acer laptop. I cannot get passed sign in page. I need to wipe it back to factory reset and I don't know how. Help please...
  7. I bought a used Acer laptop. It has somebody else's info. How do I wipe it clean and start...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Best procedure to wipe windows clean in Virtual Machine and start over

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Best procedure to wipe windows clean in Virtual Machine and start over: Hi, I use a VMWare Workstation Player 17 the free version to run a licensed Windows 10 operating system.I use this VM to practice and run programs and stay isolated from my main system.The VM is running slow, and I am trying to troubleshoot this.I would like to wipe the VM...
  9. Best procedure to wipe windows clean in Virtual Machine and start over

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Best procedure to wipe windows clean in Virtual Machine and start over: Hi, I use a VMWare Workstation Player 17 the free version to run a licensed Windows 10 operating system.I use this VM to practice and run programs and stay isolated from my main system.The VM is running slow, and I am trying to troubleshoot this.I would like to wipe the VM...
  10. Best procedure to wipe windows clean in Virtual Machine and start over