Windows 10: Starting at the 1st of Decmember my windows 10 desktop started booting up and going to a...

Discus and support Starting at the 1st of Decmember my windows 10 desktop started booting up and going to a... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This usually requires hitting the reset button or sometimes hitting Esc or enter repeatedly. In computer management, Systems logs I find error codes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by daveburch62, Jan 1, 2020.

1. Starting at the 1st of Decmember my windows 10 desktop started booting up and going to a...

This usually requires hitting the reset button or sometimes hitting Esc or enter repeatedly. In computer management, Systems logs I find error codes

of DistributedCOM 10010. warnings of DistributedCOM 10016. I also have Log Name: System
    Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
    Date: 12/31/2019 10:03:35 PM
    Event ID: 41
    Task Category: 63
    Level: Critical
    Keywords: 70368744177664,2
    User: SYSTEM
    Computer: DESKTOP-K18LUJI
    Description:
    The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}" />
    <EventID>41</EventID>
    <Version>6</Version>
    <Level>1</Level>
    <Task>63</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x8000400000000002</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2020-01-01T03:03:35.409703500Z" />
    <EventRecordID>70746</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />
    <Channel>System</Channel>
    <Computer>DESKTOP-K18LUJI</Computer>
    <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
    </System>
    I have tried to turn off a fast start-up which works every other time but display does not always

:)

daveburch62, Jan 1, 2020

2. How to set Windows 10 to boot to Start Screen instead of desktop?

Windows 10 Boot to Start Screen

When you start your Windows 10 PC, it will automatically boot to the desktop.

Steps to make Windows 10 boot to Start Screen:

Step 1: Go to replace the Start Menu with the Start Screen.

Step 2: Turn on the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties dialog.

Right-tap any blank area on the taskbar, and choose Properties in the menu.

Step 3: Deselect related setting in the Navigation settings.

Click the Navigation tab, deselect the setting called When I sign in or close all apps on a screen, go to the desktop instead of Start, and then choose OK.

Later, when you restart or log in your PC, the computer will boot to Start Screen instead of desktop.

Pradeep Trout, Jan 1, 2020
  3. Plantje Win User
    Boot to start screen in Windows 10

The first item on your list is not the case: it will not directly boot me up to my start screen.

The rest of the steps will only disable the need to enter a password or PIN to login. I will still end up in the desktop rather than the start screen...right?

Plantje, Jan 1, 2020
  4. Starting at the 1st of Decmember my windows 10 desktop started booting up and going to a...

Windows boots to the desktop then freezes

Yeah...I went to google and got the F8...lol*Stick Out Tongue Starting at the 1st of Decmember my windows 10 desktop started booting up and going to a... :p....thxxx

It boots up in safe mode and seems to work fine. Now I just need to figure out what's causing windows to freeze up befor it fully loads in normal start up operation.

Any suggestions where I might start ?

dieselcat18, Jan 1, 2020
Thema:

Starting at the 1st of Decmember my windows 10 desktop started booting up and going to a...

1. Starting at the 1st of Decmember my windows 10 desktop started booting up and going to a... - Similar Threads - Starting 1st Decmember

2. Windows start up/ boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows start up/ boot: Hey community, my laptop won't startup into windows when powered on. Every time it powers on the HP logo appears briefly and the screen goes black and stays black till turned off. Some startups redirect to the advanced startup/recovery menu, but 9/10 the screen just stays...
  3. Freeze on start up (Desktop)

in Windows 10 Support
    Freeze on start up (Desktop): As this is the second time it has happened - I would like some advise on the matter please. Thereafter I turn my PC on - I would say 5/10 seconds in on the desktop, the whole computer will lock. The keyboard is lighting up, as is the mouse, but they too are unresponsive This...
  4. Windows 10 won't boot/start up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 won't boot/start up: This problem literally started out of nowhere. All was fine today until while trying to do something, my Gateway laptop which obviously has Windows 10 just went black. I turned it back on, and the "slide to shut down" appeared and it obviously turned my PC off. Now, when I...
  5. Windows 10 desktop start up failure

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 desktop start up failure: I just started having issues with turning on my pc. Its stuck on a blck screen and does not respond to any keyboard commands. When i push the power button it shows the HP logo and the loading dots then it goes to a black screen. The mouse appears with the loading blue circle...
  6. Windows 10 desktop start up failure.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 desktop start up failure.: I just started having issues with turning on my pc. Its stuck on a blck screen and does not respond to any keyboard commands. When i push the power button it shows the HP logo and the loading dots then it goes to a black screen. The mouse appears with the loading blue circle...
  7. desktop start up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    desktop start up: my window 10 desktop when starting there's a red light that blinks 4 time and will not start just keeps blinking and sounding noise help thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-start-up/18dc1f7e-bd8c-4936-9f36-ff0ffb1c64f4
  8. Unable to go to Desktop From Start

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to go to Desktop From Start: Not sure if this is normal or not. Just got a new laptop. Seems I'm unable to brig up the desktop when I click the Windows icon in the bottom left of start screen I can get to the desktop by right clicking the Windows icon and selecting Desktop. Any ideas? James...
  9. Windows 10 Start/Boot up error

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Start/Boot up error: I recently ran into an issue whilst turning on my pc, I would get a blue screen then it would restart and attempt an automatic repair, however, this wouldn't/hasn't worked and i would receive the error code "BadSystemConfigInfo" and I have tried different methods found online...
  10. Windows Booting But Start Up Screen Won't Go Away

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Booting But Start Up Screen Won't Go Away: I got a weird one. My Windows 10 Pro has been running great, but all the sudden today I get a problem. I turned on my PC, get the blue start up screen with the spinning dot. I hear the start up music, but no desktop. There is activity of the drive being read, machine is...