Windows 10: starting bitlocker incorrect function

Discus and support starting bitlocker incorrect function in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, I am facing issue while turning on bitlocker in the customer laptop, when click on turn on bitlocker it gives error starting bitlocker incorrect... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Naushad Mapkar, Feb 20, 2023.

1. starting bitlocker incorrect function

Hi, I am facing issue while turning on bitlocker in the customer laptop, when click on turn on bitlocker it gives error starting bitlocker incorrect function.Thanks

:)

Naushad Mapkar, Feb 20, 2023

2. Bitlocker - The parameter is incorrect

I have one data drive that is Bitlocker protected and it has always worked fine. Now it seems to unlock, but when I try to access the drive I get "The parameter is incorrect". The am running Windows 10 Pro 1607 14393.105.

Does anyone have any suggestions before I pull out the drive and try it in another machine?

Ak

alkaufmann, Feb 20, 2023
  3. Paola Gar Win User
    Need to turn off Bitlocker to install Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest doing the following steps again to resolve the issue. To complete the procedure, make sure that you have the following information:

• You must be able to provide administrative credentials.
    • The drive must be BitLocker-protected.
    To suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption on an operating system drive, please follow the steps below:

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security, and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Suspend Protection for the operating system drive.
    • A message is displayed, informing you that your data will not be protected while BitLocker is suspended and asking if you want to suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Yes to continue and suspend BitLocker on the drive.

Let us know how it goes.

Paola Gar, Feb 20, 2023
  4. starting bitlocker incorrect function

Bitlocker Questions

Hey brink, I dont use hibernate ... but I might use it when i use bitlocker though.

But my concern is if i only do one step of step 3 and not do the other part of step 3... there might be some issue along the way right? Thats why im concerned about this and want to do it first before i turn on bitlocker. Or had i not do step one of step 3... i would feel safe to do it.

But could you tell me what im typing wrong though in the last step of 3 like how you found i spelled that bcdedit incorrect earlier?

paulyjustin, Feb 20, 2023
Thema:

starting bitlocker incorrect function

1. starting bitlocker incorrect function - Similar Threads - starting bitlocker incorrect

2. The bitlocker is INCORRECT!!!!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    The bitlocker is INCORRECT!!!!: Hi guys,I understand from other threads that there are many of us experienced problem with bitlocker. I have similar and way ridiculous problem. I found bitlocker for my device, but with different update date prompted in the Windows troubleshooting. I tried to use it anyway,...
  3. The bitlocker is INCORRECT!!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The bitlocker is INCORRECT!!!!: Hi guys,I understand from other threads that there are many of us experienced problem with bitlocker. I have similar and way ridiculous problem. I found bitlocker for my device, but with different update date prompted in the Windows troubleshooting. I tried to use it anyway,...
  4. The bitlocker is INCORRECT!!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. starting bitlocker incorrect function

starting bitlocker incorrect function: Hi, I am facing issue while turning on bitlocker in the customer laptop, when click on turn on bitlocker it gives error starting bitlocker incorrect function.Thanks...
  6. starting bitlocker incorrect function

starting bitlocker incorrect function: Hi, I am facing issue while turning on bitlocker in the customer laptop, when click on turn on bitlocker it gives error starting bitlocker incorrect function.Thanks...
  7. Incorrect Function error when turning off BitLocker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Incorrect Function error when turning off BitLocker: Hello, we are trying to turn off BitLocker on a computer however every way we try we get the same unhelpful error of 'Incorrect function'?We are doing it all using administrator privileges and have tried from the BitLocker settings page and from CMD with the same result see...
  8. Incorrect Function error when turning off BitLocker

Incorrect Function error when turning off BitLocker: Hello, we are trying to turn off BitLocker on a computer however every way we try we get the same unhelpful error of 'Incorrect function'?We are doing it all using administrator privileges and have tried from the BitLocker settings page and from CMD with the same result see...
  9. BitLocker "Incorrect Function" when attempting to enable on ESATA drive.

BitLocker "Incorrect Function" when attempting to enable on ESATA drive.: Drive D: is a freshly format NTFS drive connected via ESATA to Windows 10 Version 1903 OS Build 18362.476. When attempting to enable BitLocker on the drive, the message below is displayed. [ATTACH] BitLocker works as expected with the same drive installed internally via...
  10. BitLocker "Incorrect Function" when attempting to enable on ESATA drive.

BitLocker "Incorrect Function" when attempting to enable on ESATA drive.: Drive D: is a freshly format NTFS drive connected via ESATA to Windows 10 Version 1903 OS Build 18362.476. When attempting to enable BitLocker on the drive, the message below is displayed. BitLocker works as expected with the same drive installed internally via SATA....