Windows 10: Starting CMD from run dialogue is blank

Discus and support Starting CMD from run dialogue is blank in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Running CMD from the Run prompt Windows + R results in a blank cmd window. Otherwise I can access cmd from wsl or powershell by running cmd.exe .... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Zain-Tech, Feb 2, 2020.

1. Zain-Tech Win User

Starting CMD from run dialogue is blank

Running CMD from the Run prompt Windows + R results in a blank cmd window. Otherwise I can access cmd from wsl or powershell by running cmd.exe .

:)

Zain-Tech, Feb 2, 2020

2. Windows 10 upgrade error. Can't access start menu and taskbar

Hi,

To assist you regarding your concern, we would like to know if your experiencing the same issue as the
    Original poster? If yes, we suggest that you run System file checker through command prompt to check and repair any corrupted files in your computer. Follow the steps bellow:

• Press Windows+R.
    • Type in CMD on the run dialogue box.
    • Once you have the CMD open, type in netplwiz.
    • Choose the administrator account then click OK.
    • Repeat step number 1 and 2.
    • Type in sfc /scannow

Let us know how it goes.

Carlos Tin, Feb 2, 2020
  3. No color management in print dialogue box

Why is the critical step of removing all old printer drivers (Step 5) in the Printui dialogue the same as Step 6 right clicking the printer in Devices and Printers to delete it and restart PC?

After you install the printer software in Print 8 you did a lot of other things with a Desktop app that are not in the list and unneeded. Why were these necessary instead of just selecting a .pdf document to print and trying it?

The reason I ask is that I've suggested these steps countless times and they have always worked if only they are followed, not adding a bunch of steps at the end.

I hope this helps.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Feb 2, 2020
  4. Ember Win User

SLI with different cards

@tal5352
    follow readme.txt to step 8

instead of right click -> running Install.bat as administrator do the following:

start cmd as Administrator from Start->Run
    cd to DifferentSLI folder
    run Install.bat from the cmd prompt you started

resume at step 9

Ember, Feb 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Starting CMD from run dialogue is blank - Similar Threads - Starting CMD run

2. Cmd font is different from cmd run as administrator vs run without administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cmd font is different from cmd run as administrator vs run without administrator: idk why this is but its annoyingwhen you start a cmd as admin you will execute "conhost.exe" / "cmd.exe"when you start a cmd without admin you will execute "windowsTerminal.exe" / "OpenConsole.exe"this leads for some reason to a discrepancy between starting size and font art...
  3. Cmd font is different from cmd run as administrator vs run without administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cmd font is different from cmd run as administrator vs run without administrator: idk why this is but its annoyingwhen you start a cmd as admin you will execute "conhost.exe" / "cmd.exe"when you start a cmd without admin you will execute "windowsTerminal.exe" / "OpenConsole.exe"this leads for some reason to a discrepancy between starting size and font art...
  4. Blank cmd pops up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank cmd pops up?: When my laptop is in charging, suddenly blank cmd pops up. It restart the google chrome and set the default search as bing. I have updated the drivers and window but still the problem continues...
  5. Blank cmd pops up?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blank cmd pops up?: When my laptop is in charging, suddenly blank cmd pops up. It restart the google chrome and set the default search as bing. I have updated the drivers and window but still the problem continues...
  6. Run dialogue name

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Run dialogue name: So some of you have heard about making the command prompt opening instead of sticky keys, but I'm trying to do this with the run dialogue, but I don't know the program name or its location, can anyone help me? submitted by /u/the_blocker1418 [link] [comments]...
  7. CMD not running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CMD not running: I tried running CMD, and flashes and cloes in a instant in both normal, and run as administrator. I found a help forum which asked to try and run it in a different user account, for some reason this seems to work. However I am still unable to run CMD in the original user...
  8. schtasks.exe blank cmd on startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    schtasks.exe blank cmd on startup: https://prnt.sc/t9xvai Windows 10, noticed the blank cmd window under the name schtasks.exe appearing upon logging into the pc, and then disappearing on its own pretty quickly. Google and forum search brought nothing up. I'm guessing it's some sort of error, if so, any...
  9. Blank SysTray, No cursor in MSWord, Blank Dialogue Boxes etc

in Windows 10 Support
    Blank SysTray, No cursor in MSWord, Blank Dialogue Boxes etc: Hi, I have an Alienware m18x R2 laptop that has been successfully running Windows 10 Pro (upgraded automatically from Windows 7 Ultimate) for the last couple of years. Intel Core i7 - 3820QM 16GB RAM Dual nVidia GTX675M SoundBlaster Recon 3Di 256GB SSD 1TB HDD...
  10. Registry is not starting from main .exe, RUN and in cmd

in Windows 10 Support
    Registry is not starting from main .exe, RUN and in cmd: i have no idea what's making it not pop up im trying all the ways to get it to open, i tried: * regedit in run(win+r) * registry.exe in cmd with admin rights * clicking on the main .exe located in the windows folder 18138