Windows 10: Starting Command Prompt from Windows 10 Troubleshooting restart screen requires for...

Discus and support Starting Command Prompt from Windows 10 Troubleshooting restart screen requires for... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi I was trying to fix something in Windows 10 by Advanced Restarting into Troubleshooting mode and launching Command Prompt from there, but then it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Sesamme, Nov 27, 2020.

1. Sesamme Win User

Starting Command Prompt from Windows 10 Troubleshooting restart screen requires for...

Hi

I was trying to fix something in Windows 10 by Advanced Restarting into Troubleshooting mode and launching Command Prompt from there, but then it requires my Microsoft password, but it doesn't accept it - says password wrong. I know for sure that it is my correct password. In the end I had to boot from an installation USB instead. How do I fix that in the future?

thanks

:)

Sesamme, Nov 27, 2020

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Nov 27, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

4. zbook Win User

Starting Command Prompt from Windows 10 Troubleshooting restart screen requires for...

How to backup and restore registry using only win10 iso command prompt

In a link it suggested several registry troubleshooting steps for a Windows with black screen.

For Windows 10 1909 how do you backup and restore one registry change using a windows 10 iso command prompt?

If more than one registry entry is modified how do you backup and restore a second change?

In addition to modifying one or two commands how do you backup and restore the whole registry when the only access is via a windows 10 iso command prompt?

zbook, Nov 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Starting Command Prompt from Windows 10 Troubleshooting restart screen requires for... - Similar Threads - Starting Command Prompt

2. Unable to uninstall updates from troubleshoot command prompt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to uninstall updates from troubleshoot command prompt: I installed updates KB5031474 and KB5031539 and it resulted in not being able to properly boot my computer. When I open my computer, I get the MOBO logo and then the windows logo both as normal and then I get a black screen. The black screen does not go away. I have tried...
  3. Unable to uninstall updates from troubleshoot command prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to uninstall updates from troubleshoot command prompt: I installed updates KB5031474 and KB5031539 and it resulted in not being able to properly boot my computer. When I open my computer, I get the MOBO logo and then the windows logo both as normal and then I get a black screen. The black screen does not go away. I have tried...
  4. Unable to uninstall updates from troubleshoot command prompt

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Troubleshoot Command Prompt Sign in Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Troubleshoot Command Prompt Sign in Issue: I am currently attempting to convert my Legacy OS to a UEFI system and as it currently has the sufficient system requirements to do so.I intended to open command prompt from the troubleshoot menu and enter the command"mbr2gpt /validate" followed by mbr2gpt /convertbut I...
  6. Troubleshoot Command Prompt Sign in Issue

Troubleshoot Command Prompt Sign in Issue: I am currently attempting to convert my Legacy OS to a UEFI system and as it currently has the sufficient system requirements to do so.I intended to open command prompt from the troubleshoot menu and enter the command"mbr2gpt /validate" followed by mbr2gpt /convertbut I...
  7. Troubleshoot Command Prompt Sign in Issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Command prompt in troubleshoot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Command prompt in troubleshoot: Hi ive tried to delete my second partition in my ssd drive but it says ure unable due to pagefile I tried to change the security to administrator but it didnt work and now im recieving this error appup.intel graphics experience_1.100 ...\igcctray.exe the parameter is...
  9. Command prompt in troubleshoot

Command prompt in troubleshoot: Hi ive tried to delete my second partition in my ssd drive but it says ure unable due to pagefile I tried to change the security to administrator but it didnt work and now im recieving this error appup.intel graphics experience_1.100 ...\igcctray.exe the parameter is...
  10. Command prompt in troubleshoot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging