Windows 10: Starting computer and Defender update

Discus and support Starting computer and Defender update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello,Recently two problems 'arrived'.1. On starting the computer, after desktop and all icons and system loaded, get a message about "Class not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Motim, Sep 19, 2017.

1. Motim Win User

Starting computer and Defender update

Hello,Recently two problems 'arrived'.1. On starting the computer, after desktop and all icons and system loaded, get a message about "Class not registered", as on attached screenshot. I click on ok, it gone, and everything is fine.2. Updating definitions in windows defender: Pressing the update button, most of the times it is updated in seconds, and sometimes get a notice that defender could not update, as on attached screenshot. Net connection is OK, downloaded manuallythe daily definitions file and manually installed it.What are both problems and how to fix them.Could not find a suitable subject name, so I will name it:"Starting computer and Defender update"Answers will be appreciatedThanks

:)

Motim, Sep 19, 2017

2. windows defender

Window defender does not always update the latest until a few hours after turning on the computer. How can I set up Defender to start up when I turn on the computer. I alwasys need to do it manually.

RalphSchlesinger, Sep 19, 2017
  3. Windows defender offline don´t work because cannot updated

My lap top has a rootkit virus

I have down loaded with the other computer window defender offline and made a start usb stick.

Then I put the start usb in the Lap Top and started by changing the Bios start with the usb stick.

All went well, but after the program starts it ask me for updating

Because I have started with stick only windows defender there is no access to w-lan and internet.

So I cannot work with the defender.

I did not find a very new version for window defender offline to download without updating.

Can somebody help a desperate

Peter

PeterPfeifer, Sep 19, 2017
  4. pepanee Win User

Try this:

Starting computer and Defender update [​IMG]

pepanee, Sep 20, 2017
  5. Plankton Win User
    What is the make/model of your laptop? Your current version of 10 is outdated....a lot. The latest version is 1703 build 15063.608.

Next; I would start looking into malware and virus's.

Plankton, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Starting computer and Defender update - Similar Threads - Starting computer Defender

2. Windows defender not starting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows defender not starting: the windows defender services have been disabled. and i am not able to on it again . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-not-starting/d09057d3-617c-4015-b136-01e639b1f568
  3. Windows defender not starting

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender not starting: the windows defender services have been disabled. and i am not able to on it again . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-not-starting/d09057d3-617c-4015-b136-01e639b1f568
  4. defender not starting

defender not starting: hi i downloaded an exe program i got a notification potentially unwanted app so i deleted the exe program i did not know there was an icon on the taskbar windows security/ actions recommended i clicked on it nothing happens also defender is not starting only a blue screen how...
  5. windows defender is not starting

windows defender is not starting: windows defender is not staring. It says the services could not be started. The specific service does not exist as a installed service. Please help me. Give me a suggestion.....
  6. Windows Defender does not start automatically when starting Computer

Windows Defender does not start automatically when starting Computer: Hello, I think I deleted the Windows Defender Autostart file from the registry accidentally. From: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion/run How do I enable it back, Windows Defender does not start automatically Thanks...
  7. windows defender is not starting

windows defender is not starting: when I was trying to scan my flash disk I got stuck since the windows defender was no longer installed[ATTACH] when I tried to open windows defender by going start>Setting>updates &security [ATTACH] then I have clicked open windows security the I found this security at...
  8. Windows defender update crashing computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows defender update crashing computer: I have a laptop and when the new defender update came around on the 4 everything was fine, but then my laptop crashed saying it was an error with the update and i get black screened befor i can even log in. Is there a fix? Or one coming soon?...
  9. can not start defender on

can not start defender on: can not start defender on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/can-not-start-defender-on/c9d76917-1c76-49da-9c6f-67649abd6051
  10. defender won't start

defender won't start: A friend asked me to check his antivirus, defender will not start no matter what I do, I have followed many suggestions as to how to get it to start, none worked. He had newest version 1709, he did have webroot and took it out so defender should start, it will not, it says...