Windows 10: Starting from recovery stick: The digital signature for this key couldn't be verified

Discus and support Starting from recovery stick: The digital signature for this key couldn't be verified in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Dear community, due to the recent bug with chkdsk /f and trying to run recovery, my Lenovo Yoga C940 is in a state where it always loads to this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by exceluser_123, Jan 23, 2021.

1. Starting from recovery stick: The digital signature for this key couldn't be verified

Dear community,

due to the recent bug with chkdsk /f and trying to run recovery, my Lenovo Yoga C940 is in a state where it always loads to this stage:

Starting from recovery stick: The digital signature for this key couldn't be verified [​IMG]

I am aware that this is an issue with proposed solutions. However, these always involve creating a recovery drive so I did that and selected the USB from this screen:

Starting from recovery stick: The digital signature for this key couldn't be verified [​IMG]

However, after selecting the USB, the computer still shows the error message shown above. So for some reason, I cannot even run the recovery of the system. Is there anything I can do to get it running again?

As said, even when starting from the recovery USB I cannot get to the windows menu for resetting or repairing the PC.

Thank you for your help!

:)

exceluser_123, Jan 23, 2021
  2. revin Win User

W7, Winload.exe Can't verify digital Signature ...edit fixed

No the BCD is working, it's the "Windows Can't verify digital Signature Winload.exe "

revin, Jan 23, 2021
  3. USB printer support doesn´t work in windows 10 because its not digitally signed

Hi Liem,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

The error code 52 mainly occur, when the system cannot verify the digital of the driver.

I suggest you to remove the digital signature of the device and check if the issue persists.

Follow the below steps.

• Press and hold Shift key and click on
      Restart your Computer.

• Select Troubleshoot.

• Select Advance Option.

• Select Startup Settings.

• Select Disable Digital signature enforcement.

Hope this helps. Please get back to us if the issue still persists. We are here to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jan 23, 2021
  4. KetanBuch Win User

Starting from recovery stick: The digital signature for this key couldn't be verified

Status: 0xc0000428, Windows cannot verify the digital signature for this file.

I got the "blue screen of death " several months after upgrading to Windows 10. Technicians at Office Depot could not repair it and suggested factory restore. When I try system recovery on start up Windows is unable to repair the computer, in Windows Boot
    Manager I get the following:

File: \ Windows\system32\winload.exe

Info: Windows cannot verify the digital signature for this file.

I do not have the Windows installation disc and cannot start in safe mode.

Any suggestionsto fix this?

Unable to log in to my PC- Original Title

KetanBuch, Jan 23, 2021
Thema:

Starting from recovery stick: The digital signature for this key couldn't be verified

1. Starting from recovery stick: The digital signature for this key couldn't be verified - Similar Threads - Starting recovery stick

2. PC Won't Start 'The Digital Signature For This File Couldn't Be Verified'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Won't Start 'The Digital Signature For This File Couldn't Be Verified': PC randomly turned itself off last night and constantly boots to a BSOD with the following text:RecoveryThe Digital Signature For This File Couldn't Be VerifiedError Code: 0xc0000428Press F1 to enter Recovery EnvironmentPress Esc for UEFI Firmware SettingsWe've attempted...
  3. PC Won't Start 'The Digital Signature For This File Couldn't Be Verified'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Won't Start 'The Digital Signature For This File Couldn't Be Verified': PC randomly turned itself off last night and constantly boots to a BSOD with the following text:RecoveryThe Digital Signature For This File Couldn't Be VerifiedError Code: 0xc0000428Press F1 to enter Recovery EnvironmentPress Esc for UEFI Firmware SettingsWe've attempted...
  4. Windows cannot verify the digital signature Code 52

Windows cannot verify the digital signature Code 52: Hi, We got the driver signed from hardware dashboard and the certification status is green mark. When we install the signed files on Windows 7 x64 with SP1, the Device Manager shows it cannot verify the digital signature. The OS has installed security update KB3033929 but it...
  5. Failed to verify digital signature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failed to verify digital signature: I am facing below issue please suggest me for the .sfc /scannow is done.windows update also done.How to fix the issue . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/failed-to-verify-digital-signature/0a4dab46-487b-48b1-84fd-1b82b00af75e
  6. Failed to verify digital signature

Failed to verify digital signature: I am facing below issue please suggest me for the .sfc /scannow is done.windows update also done.How to fix the issue . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/failed-to-verify-digital-signature/0a4dab46-487b-48b1-84fd-1b82b00af75e
  7. Failed to verify digital signature of C:\Program...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failed to verify digital signature of C:\Program...: I am unable to work on InstallShield 2022 because of this issue. Any help would be appreciated.ISDEV : fatal error -7210: Failed to verify digital signature ofC:\Program Files\InstallShield\2012Spring\System\IsUiServices.dllPROJECT_ASSISTANT\SINGLE_EXE_IMAGE - 1 errors, 4...
  8. Failed to verify digital signature of C:\Program...

Failed to verify digital signature of C:\Program...: I am unable to work on InstallShield 2022 because of this issue. Any help would be appreciated.ISDEV : fatal error -7210: Failed to verify digital signature ofC:\Program Files\InstallShield\2012Spring\System\IsUiServices.dllPROJECT_ASSISTANT\SINGLE_EXE_IMAGE - 1 errors, 4...
  9. Windows cannot verify the digital signature for GamePanel.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows cannot verify the digital signature for GamePanel.exe: I recently made a ticket for an issue i had with updating and one of the solution was as follows: "Navigate to below folders and delete all the content of below folders This will remove all pending updates and will refresh the update cache, removing all update history and...
  10. Can't Install windows 10 from UEFI usb drive (Digital signature couldn't be verified)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't Install windows 10 from UEFI usb drive (Digital signature couldn't be verified): When i'm trying to install windows 10 download from mediacrationtool using UEFI bootable usb, it just gives me a BSOD telling me that the digital signature couldn't be verified. I've tried redownloading windows installer and formatting the usb drive several times, but it...