Windows 10: Starting hotspot dosent automatily share wifi with virtual adapter

Discus and support Starting hotspot dosent automatily share wifi with virtual adapter in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Got a weird problem I have been working on wife's computer it is a asus n56dp. It had problems with video adapter so I downgraded from win 10 to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Dannyboy79, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Starting hotspot dosent automatily share wifi with virtual adapter

Got a weird problem I have been working on wife's computer it is a asus n56dp. It had problems with video adapter so I downgraded from win 10 to 8.1.Never having got adapter issue resolved I upgraded it back to win 10. Throughout this I have been using it as a hot spot but after going back to win 10 when I start hotspot I have to manually share wifi with the virtual adapter. I have tried resting network settings and normal diagnostic tools any help would be appreciated thanx

:)

Dannyboy79, Sep 24, 2019

2. Starting hotspot dosent automatily share wifi with virtual adapter

Got a weird problem I have been working on wife's computer it is a asus n56dp. It had problems with video adapter so I downgraded from win 10 to 8.1.Never having got adapter issue resolved I upgraded it back to win 10. Throughout this I have been using it as a hot spot but after going back to win 10 when I start hotspot I have to manually share wifi with the virtual adapter. I have tried resting network settings and normal diagnostic tools any help would be appreciated thanx

Dannyboy79, Sep 24, 2019
  3. ChrisUWS Win User
    Unable to share WiFi with Virtual Network Hotspot ?

I created a virtual hotspot and wanted to connect it to my Wifi. But when I go to my Wifi in the network settings, click properties and try to sharing the Wifi, I have no option to share it to my hotspot. Is there a reason that I'm unable to share my Wifi
    to my virtual hotspot?

ChrisUWS, Sep 24, 2019
  4. Loulybob Win User

Starting hotspot dosent automatily share wifi with virtual adapter

Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Missing

Hello,

I've been trying to get my virtual WiFi hotspot working since I upgraded to Windows 10 and it does not seem to be working. In Device Manager instead of finding an instance of Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter I have Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter installed and this is only present in Network Connections when the hosted network is started and it disappears when it is stopped, unlike the Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter which was persistently in Network Connections. Also, my devices can connect to the hotspot I create but the network itself is limited and they have no internet access even though I have enabled sharing on my Ethernet connection. When trying to troubleshoot the limited connection I get the error message '"Wi-Fi does not have a valid IP configuration".

Does anyone have any advice on how to get the Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter back? I've tried reinstalling both my Ethernet and WiFi drivers in Device manager but it always installs Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter instead. Or am I in the wrong ballpark and it is nothing to do with this new driver. Any help would be appreciated!

Loulybob, Sep 24, 2019
Thema:

Starting hotspot dosent automatily share wifi with virtual adapter

1. Starting hotspot dosent automatily share wifi with virtual adapter - Similar Threads - Starting hotspot dosent

2. Internet Connection Sharing won't start on my Wifi adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Connection Sharing won't start on my Wifi adapter: As the title says, I am unable to start my Internet Connection Sharing on my WiFi adapter and I have tried almost everything to make it work. BackgroundSo I was trying to connect my Raspberry Pi 3B to my laptop using Ethernet cable and one of the things that requires to make...
  3. Internet Connection Sharing won't start on my Wifi adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet Connection Sharing won't start on my Wifi adapter: As the title says, I am unable to start my Internet Connection Sharing on my WiFi adapter and I have tried almost everything to make it work. BackgroundSo I was trying to connect my Raspberry Pi 3B to my laptop using Ethernet cable and one of the things that requires to make...
  4. Internet Connection Sharing won't start on my Wifi adapter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Sharing a WiFi connection through Windows Hotspot using 2 adapters

Sharing a WiFi connection through Windows Hotspot using 2 adapters: Hi,my issue has been discussed before, 4 years ago thread closed: 2 WiFi adapters, one to receive, the other as hotspot - Microsoft CommunityI would like to share an internet connection that is established using an external USB-WiFi adapter through a hotspot in Windows 10,...
  6. Sharing a Public Hotspot to a Secure WiFi Router

Sharing a Public Hotspot to a Secure WiFi Router: Here's my situation. I'm full-timing in an RV. Every time I pull into a new campground, I have to connect all of my devices to the campground WiFi. I have on hand a dedicated laptop and a Netgear R6250 router. I also have a WDMyCloud network storage drive. What I want...
  7. Sharing Mobile hotspot from my pc virtual wifi driver problem

Sharing Mobile hotspot from my pc virtual wifi driver problem: I am using a wired broadband connection. I want to use my laptop as a router to share internet to other devices using the mobile hotspot option. I downloaded a software called mHotspot for this. But when I try to start hotspot from this software, it says there is a diver...
  8. wifi hotspot sharing to other devices

in Windows 10 Customization
    wifi hotspot sharing to other devices: I accidently disabled virtual ethernet 2 connection off of networks settings screen. now i cant activate wifi hot spot on my hp15 windows 10 laptop. im trying to share my wifi thru my laptop to other devices. i press turn on hotspot and it says sorry we cannot start hotspot....
  9. Problems when sharing WiFi with the Virtual Adapter

Problems when sharing WiFi with the Virtual Adapter: For many years I have always shared Internet to my devices like phone and tablet with my PC's WiFi antenna through the Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter, I only use it for that, since I have a cable connection, and I start the wifi with the command NETSH WLAN start...
  10. Virtual hotspot doesn't share bandwidth

Virtual hotspot doesn't share bandwidth: Recently I switch windows 10 creator from windows 7 *Biggrin . I am trying to create a virtual wi-fi hotspot on windows 10 pc/desktop by cmd. and it create a virtual hotspot perfectly but problem is that it doesn't share my bandwidth from pc to my phone *Mad.I can connect...