Windows 10: Starting in Safe Mode - Password is not accepted

Discus and support Starting in Safe Mode - Password is not accepted in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I would like to start Windows 10 in Safe Mode, but when doing so and asked for my password it will not work. I normally use a pin code. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Hoggorm, May 18, 2016.

1. Hoggorm Win User

Starting in Safe Mode - Password is not accepted

Hi,

I would like to start Windows 10 in Safe Mode, but when doing so and asked for my password it will not work.

I normally use a pin code. The only password I can remember to have used on this machine is the password used with Microsoft OneDrive and it is not accepted when trying to log in... This password is however accepted when starting normally (without Safe Mode).

Any ideas what can be wrong and how I can access Safe Mode?

:)

Hoggorm, May 18, 2016

2. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi David,

Thank you for your response.

To understand the issue better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• Are you trying to disable the password for the user login and trying to set the PIN?
    • What issue are you exactly facing?
    Please elaborate the issue and post us back to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, May 18, 2016
  3. Password not accepted in Safe mode

I wouldn't want safe boot to start. I need it to disable so I can use my PIN. Can you help me with that?

I press enter to change to normal mode when restarting. Doesn't work either.

My account doesn't have a Safe boot password either.

MarjorieDavid, May 18, 2016
  4. RWOne Win User

Hmmm, not going to speculate on what's wrong.

But if your logon that works in normal mode is ok, then simply change the password for the account and re-try in safe mode.

Or,

Remove the password in normal mode and retry booting to safe mode, do what you need and restore afterwards,

RWOne, May 18, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    My suggestion only.

If you have time, please do a Repair Install.
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

davidhk, May 18, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    davidhk, May 18, 2016
  7. Hoggorm Win User
    Thank you for all help.

I was finally able to use my OneDrive password when starting in Safe Mode with networking

This was possible even though I was not actually connected to any network...

Hoggorm, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Starting in Safe Mode - Password is not accepted - Similar Threads - Starting Safe Mode

2. Password won’t be accepted in safe mode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Password won’t be accepted in safe mode: I thought my computer may have a virus and a told me to restart in safe mode so i did and i put in my password but it wont accept it. I have tried everthing and read every article or fourm regarding this issue but none of them have worked. Please help, thanks...
  3. Safe Mode not accepting my password

Safe Mode not accepting my password: Hey, I started my PC in Safe Mode -minimal- to try and fix an issue I was having with my monitor. Once my computer restarted I was unable to login to my computer, I have tried old password, restarting in Safe Mode with Networking but nothing seems to be working....
  4. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Password not accepted in Safe mode: I was having problems getting my password accepted in safe mode and could not connect to a network. One older forum suggested instead of going into safe mode try option #3, Enable Low resolution mode. Tried this and my login screen showed up on my other monitor. Was able to...
  5. in safe mode and it will not accept my password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    in safe mode and it will not accept my password: I have been try something from the microsoft web-site tellingme to try and run this office program ,so it told me to open the the computer up using the safe-mode whichi did, when it restarted it ask me for mypassword, which i put in, and all it said is incorrect password...
  6. safe mode won't accept password

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    safe mode won't accept password: I followed these instructions to boot into safe mode to deal with a graphics driver issue: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode This seemed unnecessarily complex, but I was reassured by the checkbox for "make this change...
  7. Tried to start PC in Safe Mode but the password is not accepted

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Tried to start PC in Safe Mode but the password is not accepted: I have problems with internet connection and decided to start my PC in Safe Mode. Unfortunately it didn’t recognize the password which I am sure to remember and have been using for a long time....
  8. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Password not accepted in Safe mode: ***Modify title from: PC password error *** Hi Just restarted my computer on Safe Mode (trying to solve an internet connection problem) and my PC doesn't recognize my long time password. Can you help me? Thanks....
  9. Pc stuck in safe mode & will not accept password

Pc stuck in safe mode & will not accept password: My pc is stuck in safe mode, Windows 10 and I cannot get passed the log on screen. I know the password but it will not accept it. When I go to advanced options, I cannot do anything because it asks for the password & everytime I enter it correctly, microsoft tells me it's...
  10. Current password not accepted in Safe Mode

Current password not accepted in Safe Mode: On my laptop computer my current Microsoft password is accepted in Safe Mode without a problem. On my desktop computer it isn't, but my previous Microsoft password is! Can you tell me how to make my desktop computer accept my current password in Safe Mode, please?...