Windows 10: Starting last week our two Windows 10 laptop stopped being able to print with our Brother...

Discus and support Starting last week our two Windows 10 laptop stopped being able to print with our Brother... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This is not a problem with any of our Android devices. It's not a communication issue because we can control the scanner and other functions on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BillSWQ, Jun 20, 2020.

1. BillSWQ Win User

Starting last week our two Windows 10 laptop stopped being able to print with our Brother...

This is not a problem with any of our Android devices.

It's not a communication issue because we can control the scanner and other functions on the printer.

We are connected through WiFi.

I reloaded the Windows drivers, rebooted the laptops, ran the diagnostics.

I also did a factory reset on the printer and re-configured it. No change, still works on Android devices but not for Windows 10.

There were no changes to the printers but there were updates to updates to Windows between the printer working and not working.

Is there a chance that one of those Windows updates caused the issue?

Thanks

:)

BillSWQ, Jun 20, 2020

2. Printing stopped with November upgrade

Hey Prestonpdx,

I would suggest you check if the print spooler is running. Start/Stop print spooler service. Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + R, type services.msc
      and press Enter.

• From the list, locate Print Spooler service.

• Double click on the service and select Stop.

• Restart the computer, repeat step 1&2.

• Double click on the service and check if the service is started.
    Get back to us with the updated status, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, Jun 20, 2020
  3. Jan123 Win User
    Windows 10 Home Won't Print to Remote Printer

I have three computers.
    Machine 1: Windows 10 pro, has the USB Brother HL-5040 printer
    Machine 2: Windows 10 pro, prints OK to the remote printer.
    Machine 3: Windows 10 home, Used to print, but not anymore (THIS IS THE PROBLEM).
    I’ve tried everything that I can think of, and would appreciate any suggestions.
    I did these steps on Machine 3 that did not work.

1. Remove the printer device.
    2. Add a Printer
    3. The printer that I want isn’t listed
    4. Select a shared printer by name
    5. Browse
    6. Select the displayed Machine 1.
    7. Select the displayed Printer.
    8. Next
    9. Failure “Connect to Printer”.
    10. Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or Hostname
    11. Next
    12. Set Hostname to Machine 2, and set port name.
    13. Detecting TCP/IP Port
    14. Additional Port information required.
    15. Device Type – Standard, Brother Port Server
    16. Next
    17. Detecting the Driver Model
    18. Install The Print Driver
    19. Select Brother and Brother HL-5040
    20. Next
    21. Replace the Current Driver
    22. Printer Name (setting it to HL-5040)
    23. Next
    24. Do not share this printer
    25. Next
    26. You’ve successfully added “HL-5040”
    27. Finish
    Printing on Machine 3 puts the document in the print queue, which reports error printing.
    Printing from Machine 2 to the printer on Machine 1 works perfectly.
    All three machines are in the same HomeGroup. Machine 3 can access the shared files from Machine 1.

Jan123, Jun 20, 2020
  4. TOMANDREW Win User

Starting last week our two Windows 10 laptop stopped being able to print with our Brother...

Brother printer stopped printing after a Windows update

Original title:- Computer won't print.

I have a Brother printer which stopped printing when print buttons are pushed, possibly because of a Windows 10 update. I have spent hours with Brother's tech service. I have connected and disconnected the power and USB cables and uninstalled and installed
    the latest drivers and software to no avail.

TOMANDREW, Jun 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Starting last week our two Windows 10 laptop stopped being able to print with our Brother... - Similar Threads - Starting last week

2. STOP REBOOTING OUR COMPUTERS AT NIGHT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    STOP REBOOTING OUR COMPUTERS AT NIGHT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!: FOR GOD SAKE AND FOR THE FIRST TIME I'M WRITING ALL CAPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MICROSOFT STOP REBOOTING OUR COMPUTERS AT NIGHT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I've applied every registry mod and that piece of g... still reboots my computer...
  3. STOP REBOOTING OUR COMPUTERS AT NIGHT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    STOP REBOOTING OUR COMPUTERS AT NIGHT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!: FOR GOD SAKE AND FOR THE FIRST TIME I'M WRITING ALL CAPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MICROSOFT STOP REBOOTING OUR COMPUTERS AT NIGHT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I've applied every registry mod and that piece of g... still reboots my computer...
  4. Our laptops are connected to Intune

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Our laptops are connected to Intune: Hi there, I am posting here to ask for help from you about fingerprints and face recognition login for our laptops. we are using intune and already created configuration profile to enable fingerprint and face recognition login but I can't do that. Here is the erorr I get "We...
  5. Our laptops are connected to Intune

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Our laptops are connected to Intune: Hi there, I am posting here to ask for help from you about fingerprints and face recognition login for our laptops. we are using intune and already created configuration profile to enable fingerprint and face recognition login but I can't do that. Here is the erorr I get "We...
  6. Our laptops are connected to Intune

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. After a Microsoft update our Brother MFC-L27100W stopped communicating with our computer.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After a Microsoft update our Brother MFC-L27100W stopped communicating with our computer.: After a Microsoft update our Brother MFC-L27100W stopped communicating with our computer. The faxes are stored in the memory, but won't upload to computer. The message reads: "Unable to write the file to the "Destination Folder". Change the "Destination Folder" from the...
  8. When will Microsoft's Cortona start being able to control our music again?

in Cortana
    When will Microsoft's Cortona start being able to control our music again?: When will Microsoft's Cortona start being able to control our music again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-will-microsofts-cortona-start-being-able-to/9a229f1a-0afa-487d-9669-f1ea8d415bda
  9. our laptop keeps dissconnecting to our wifi

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    our laptop keeps dissconnecting to our wifi: when it dissconnects it won't recconect again(can't connect to network) i have to turn my phones hotspot and connect it to that and connect it back to our wifi, any idea what's wrong? submitted by /u/alvherDcastro [link] [comments]...
  10. Weekly BSOD on our SBS 2011 server

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weekly BSOD on our SBS 2011 server: Dear support members, I need your help with fixing a BSOD issue with a server of one of our customers. I've run dm log collector and attached the zip file to my post. Attachment 25446 It is a DELL server but I don't know exactly which type. We've reinstalled the...