Windows 10: starting my PC used to take 30 secs, now it takes at least 2 mins

Discus and support starting my PC used to take 30 secs, now it takes at least 2 mins in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; pretty much the title. My PC used to take 30 secs to start and now it takes at least 2 mins (i actually timed it), most of this time is spent on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kak2a2, Feb 9, 2019.

1. kak2a2 Win User

starting my PC used to take 30 secs, now it takes at least 2 mins

pretty much the title.

My PC used to take 30 secs to start and now it takes at least 2 mins (i actually timed it), most of this time is spent on the windows logo loading screen.

it's been 2 months. last thing i remember doing was installing Samsung SSD Magician and Samsung Nvme SSD Driver and ACE stream. since then, i uninstalled all of them but nothing helped. i also tried uninstalling apps and games i'm not using, nothing happened. also tried unplugging everything connected but the mouse and keyboard, didn't help.

i have 800 GB free on my 1 TB SSD, as most things are installed on my HDD. finally, i wanted to note that the slow start up happened suddenly, and not gradually and/or overtime.

it's also important to note that my PC is only slower when starting up, everything else seems to be fine.

pc specs :

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Intel Core i7 7700K

32 gb RAM

STRIX Z270E GAMING

GTX 1080 Ti

SSD 960 PRO NVMe M.2 1TB

WD black 4tb HDD

:)

kak2a2, Feb 9, 2019

2. I started my upgrade with 8 min 31 secs on the countdown. Update failed, marked 7/30/2016. Any recourse?

I started my upgrade with 8 min 31 secs on the countdown. I am running Win 7. Update failed, marked 7/30/2016. Any recourse?

MikePorzio, Feb 9, 2019
  3. Why Live Tile is updated in Windows Phone @ 30 Mins interval?

Hi Jay..

Thanks for response!!!

I tried as per suggested steps, unfortunalty does not help.

I think it is Windows OS Limitation to have tile update on every 30 mins.

Shrikrishna Khupasangikar, Feb 9, 2019
  4. starting my PC used to take 30 secs, now it takes at least 2 mins

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Feb 9, 2019
Thema:

starting my PC used to take 30 secs, now it takes at least 2 mins

1. starting my PC used to take 30 secs, now it takes at least 2 mins - Similar Threads - starting used secs

2. starting my PC used to take 30 secs, now it takes at least 2 mins

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    starting my PC used to take 30 secs, now it takes at least 2 mins: pretty much the title. My PC used to take 30 secs to start and now it takes at least 2 mins (i actually timed it), most of this time is spent on the windows logo loading screen. it's been 2 months. last thing i remember doing was installing Samsung SSD Magician and...
  3. Win10 PC 'Restart' boot-up takes in excess 5 mins plus.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 PC 'Restart' boot-up takes in excess 5 mins plus.: Restart boot-up takes in excess of 5 mins plus, with the cycling dots only showing at bottom of screen. Also: I lose my network connections which I have to Troubleshoot to re-establish after every Restart. Windows Defender Firewall is lost and I have to Reset to Default...
  4. Windows 10 Booting taking more than 30 mins everytime

Windows 10 Booting taking more than 30 mins everytime: Windows 10 boot time is taking more than 30 mins,also after the boot is done the application's are not working as quick as expected and i get an error like " Microsoft Windows The application is not responding. The program may respond again if you wait. Do you want to end...
  5. windows take 30 minute for start-up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows take 30 minute for start-up: Hi my pc tack up 30 minute for start I have i7 7700 + h110+hdd 750g+hdd 1t +gtx650 -- i install another windows and download new windows iso + update windows+update bios and delete all partition and check disk andThe problem still exists i open "Event...
  6. Outlook Takes Forever to Start

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook Takes Forever to Start: Outlook has suddenly decided to take forever to start in the April 2018 Update. Further, if I click on an email to read it, Outlook crashes, and when I try to close it, the same thing happens! I've already tried uninstalling/reinstalling, but the same thing happens....
  7. {Urgent} Google Chrome Starting to Slow ( Taking atleast 10-15 mins)

in Browsers and Email
    {Urgent} Google Chrome Starting to Slow ( Taking atleast 10-15 mins): Hello, My First Problem Is Google Chrome Just from past 2 days starting very slow taking forever . Before it was working fine no idea what happened 2nd Problem just discovered that not able to start anything e.g CMD in administrative mode(run as administrator). it gives...
  8. Pass credential phase of logon takes ~10 sec

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Pass credential phase of logon takes ~10 sec: I'm running CB Enterprise Win10 x64, bound to a domain which uses active directory authentication. When I type in my pass and hit enter, nothing happens for about 10 seconds, then it takes me in. The cursor even stays blinking as if I didn't hit anything. I'm worried this...
  9. NO Excuse for NOT taking backups (Laptop done in 8 mins)

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    NO Excuse for NOT taking backups (Laptop done in 8 mins): Hi folks Just another post telling people they should ALWAYS take backups Just did an average laptop backup with a fair amount of programs (Office suite, photoshop etc) with Macrium to external HDD. Entire thing only took 8 mins. [img] At these sorts of speeds...
  10. Logon Takes 3-4 mins

Logon Takes 3-4 mins: Hey all Using Windows 10 Redstone, intel i7 laptop, with ssd. Startup takes about 8-10 secs after restart (power up). I've been using the hibernate feature for a long time, but last week when I restarted my computer it did not log on after I've entered my password. The...